krise madsen

Cutscenes and such

48 posts in this topic

Cutscenes, whether pre-mission or in game, can be nice.

But could we please agree on being able to skip them. Even the greatest cutscene looses its luster when you're forced to watch it for the millionth time.

Same goes for in-game comments from team mates, and feature of that nature: A "Great shot, mate" from your teammate is nice to hear the first time. When hearing it the 10th time in five minutes it sounds more like an insult.

I've found myself playing OGR co-op alone rather than SP when playing GRAW1: No cutscenes, no funky in-game comments. Just pure gaming. Nice :)

What's your take on this?

Respectfully

krise madsen

I agree with all above. but let me see it at least once so Im drwn into the storyline but in later games give e th option to skip :)

Music although nice can be dramtic & sometimes help push the adrenline along, but if constantly having to replay each scene the music then becomes monotonous :unsure:

Totally agree about the option to skip cutscenes, if you even need to have them.

One thing that GB can do that other games have failed at is good voice acting, terse and professional, and appropriate to the circumstances.

And more professional mision briefings.

I agree with this. One of the fun thing in Rainbow Six for me (aside from playing the missions and popping tangos in the chest/head) was the mission briefing and pre-planning. It was so gold, and it was very in-depth.

Perhaps, though, since the Ground Branch is more strict and spec. ops. traditionalized, the planning and briefing could be less freeform like Rainbow Six and much more professionally crafted with superior intel.

in-game >>> cutscenes (atleast let me control the camera and look arround,even those should be skippable).

i usually turn off any game music...

great surround sound(effects/ambient) is music to my ears.most of the time music just acts as a warning or artificial indicator of whats happening.if i hear music i want it to be because my character turned on his ipod.

This is ultimately a question of game design.

I would like it if in the SP campaign we get "Half-Life 2"-style briefings like Jerm said. So, it isn't just a static cutscene, but you are actually IN the briefing room, transport, whatever and being briefed on what is happening. This is more immersing because you are an active participant and not just watching a boring movie.

For MP CO-OP this should be a totally different system. NO cutscenes at all. MP is not SP. Therefore, the devs could adjust (streamline) the briefings to fit the MP gaming environment even if you are playing the SP story line in CO-OP.

And no hero music please. More tension.

We can't afford much music so no worries about "extra" Hero music! :rofl:

:zorro:

One of the first things i do when i start up a new game it turn off the music.

Just bugs me, and means you cant hear more important sounds like radio 1, or an enemys footsteps.

I'd prefer no in-game music at all. Hearing the birds chirp and the wind blow is better than any music.

Just turn your screen off and your speakers up when playing GR and you'll know what I mean.

;)

CC

I remember an old Amiga game called "Fire Team" (a SEAL platform shooter). The only music was a drummer some sort of marching rythm. I can still remember that one today.

Respectfully

krise madsen

i usually turn off any game music...

great surround sound(effects/ambient) is music to my ears.most of the time music just acts as a warning or artificial indicator of whats happening.if i hear music i want it to be because my character turned on his ipod.

One of the first things i do when i start up a new game it turn off the music.

Just bugs me, and means you cant hear more important sounds like radio 1, or an enemys footsteps.

I'd prefer no in-game music at all. Hearing the birds chirp and the wind blow is better than any music.

Just turn your screen off and your speakers up when playing GR and you'll know what I mean.

;)

CC

Fine! I was going to make you guys this totally awesome OST, but I see how it is. No love.

No love, no music!

Enjoy ya crickets, ya bastids!

Fine! I was going to make you guys this totally awesome OST, but I see how it is. No love.

No love, no music!

Enjoy ya crickets, ya bastids!

LOL..... I never said no music, just not Hero music. :hi:

Bring on the Cricket Orchestra :notworthy:

Krise, I agree on the cut-scene opt-out idea...

But I have a new pet-peeve... the end of GRAW2's SP campaign.... oh man, that was so cheesy as to be nearly painful. My girlfriend was watching me complete the last mission... she's ex-military as well so she gets into games like this... and she was actually having fun with just watching me ... then the end scene and all the campy voice-overs, pseudo-drama and such... she was laughing at the game... as was I. It was painful to see a game come off so bad right at the end....

-John K.

Totally agree about the option to skip cutscenes, if you even need to have them.

One thing that GB can do that other games have failed at is good voice acting, terse and professional, and appropriate to the circumstances.

I could not agree more.

:thumbsup:

One of my favourite things to mod with OGR was the music...instrumental mellow hip-hop for the briefings and such. >>;

=D Much better than crickets.

Edited by relaxative

OK, can't believe I missed this one :wall:

Just as you should be able to skip cutscenes (providing there are any), you should also be able to replay cutscenes, be they at the beginning, in the middle of, or at the end of a mission. If you want to watch a particular cutscene you should be able to do so. Obviously, this only pertain to the part of the game you have completed.

Respectfully

krise madsen

What I especially hate is the triggered ingame 'action music' during some missions, which sounds similar to the Gillette ads.

What I especially hate is the triggered ingame 'action music' during some missions, which sounds similar to the Gillette ads.

I don't believe we will have that. We will most likely have some music in game depending on what is going on, but not triggered to let you know action is happening.... We'll let the action speak for itself. :thumbsup:

I don't believe we will have that. We will most likely have some music in game depending on what is going on, but not triggered to let you know action is happening.... We'll let the action speak for itself. :thumbsup:

Quality B)

Edited by SaddamzStuntDoubL