5timechamp

The Dark Knight....

Nice, I too think this has potential to become something good, I love the whole "forget about Batman 5 lets just redo it" approach. Cause the Batman series started good but ended worse with Batman 4 only having a 3.5 rating on IMDB.com.

RAbbi   

Yeah, while I adore most of Tim Burton's work, I don't think he had much bisiness getting onvolved with Batman. Aside from Michael Keaton's first appearance as Batman/Bruce Wayne, everything about those movies sucked.

I was impressed with Mr. Bale's performance in the new Batman film, and I look forward to seeing this forthcoming episode. It may well surpass Batman Begins...

Yeah, this movie will be fantastic. Bigger and badder than the original. Which had ninjas! How can it can go wrong. :lol:

I'm more interested, though, in who will be remembered to portray the better Joker - Nicholson or Ledger.

MONOLITH   

Nice. This is exactly what I want to see.

Comic books and superheroes stories done with a serious nature, instead of the usual tongue in cheek "making fun of ourselves" movies.

I really, really wish the guys doing this movie had done The Punisher.

Comic books and superheroes stories done with a serious nature, instead of the usual tongue in cheek "making fun of ourselves" movies.

OT, next Punisher...War Journal

punisherwarzone20071206bh3.th.jpg

I agree, they need to stop reinventing what comic book heroes that were dark to begin with.

Tounge in cheek can be good at times though. Nothing beats the smaller "internal" jokes that occationally turn up in the better comic hero movies.

Along things like the exchange between Wolverine and Cyclops in the first Xmen movie regarding the outfits.

Wolverine: "You acctually go outside in these things?"

Cyclops: "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

Now...knowing the comics Woverines outfit originally was indeed yellow spandex!

As for Punisher.....there's no other Punisher than Dolph Lundgren! :yes:

Nemesis   

Ah, "The Dark Knight"...it is a fantastic read as a comic-book..yes a book. I read it when I was 19. Very mature & dark in nature. This could be good! :thumbsup:

As for Punisher.....there's no other Punisher than Dolph Lundgren! :yes:

Dolph looked more tortured and had "The Thousand Yard Stare"---a Marine Corp-thing :shifty: --- too bad, bad production, and Marvel wasn't "completely" onboard with it. <_<

Next one I believe has "Chip" in it.

MONOLITH   

I have to respectfully disagree about Dolph Lundgren making a good punisher.

Frank Castle was no blondhaired swedish hearthrob.

I remember during the making of the last version there was some good actor choices floating around on the net (that didn't get the part), but I can't remember who they were now. I have to think about it for a bit.

Sorry to derail the thread. Keep the Batman goin'.

RAbbi   

Let's hope this film's success isn't judged in some part as a tribute to the late Heath Ledger. It's got the makings of a great film WITHOUT dedicating every mention of it to a dime-a-dozen Hollywood overdose story...

When's it due out, by the way?

I still would have loved to have Mark Hamill play the Joker, just so we get that signature Joker laugh from the older animated series before the WB started dumbing it down for the kids (namely when Robin jumped in). I still think Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best Batman movies ever made, yes, I'm comparing an animated film with all of the live action ones. I really liked Batman Begins, but Mask of the Phantasm can still hold its own in my opinion. And I think it was actually quite close to the comic version, much closer than Tim Burton ever got, and I'm not even going to mention the others, lol.

Tim Burton's Batman was cool in that he was kind of psychotic and dark, which is ONE aspect of Batman/Bruce Wayne from the comics, but he neglected all of his other sides. He made his character kind of one-dimensional, but still MUCH MUCH better than Kilmer or *shudders* Clooney...

So far I think the best Batman movies must be Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Begins. The Dark Knight looks like it will be another hit. But still love the animated Joker. Come on, you HAVE to love a character that when faced with a credible threat to his life, would choose to use a salami (or was it balogna?) in his defense than a cleaver, lmao!

MONOLITH   

I agree about the Kilmer and Clooney versions.

I think the Batman concept just works better when done in a serious nature, as opposed to campy tongue-in-cheek.

Ledger's serious psychopath version of the Joker seems far more appealing to me than any of the others before it.

Well, I think it IS kind of serious to have someone who isn't afraid of death and would laugh in the face of danger. Kind of psychopathic, and I think the animated Joker portrayed that pretty nicely. But like with Batman, different versions show different sides of the character and more than one can work.

I absolutely loved the Dark Knight comics. There was a rumor at one point that Hollywood was working on a straight adaption, with Clint Eastwood as Old Bruce Wayne.

Anyway, Batman Begins is easily the best movie since Tim Burton's (which, IMO, was too much Tim Burton, not enough Batman). The people behind the new "Christian Bale series" seem to have grasped the basics of the Batman appeal, as well as what works in a contemporary context. If they keep both feet on the ground there should be some interesting movies ahead.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I absolutely loved the Dark Knight comics. There was a rumor at one point that Hollywood was working on a straight adaption, with Clint Eastwood as Old Bruce Wayne.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I've read that too somewhere, it was the Frank Miller's 50 y/o Bruce Wayne/Batman, old Clark Kent/Superman and One-Arm Green Archer...this rumor was circling before Frank Miller's 300 got produced.

I would love to see the Bat-car in this version :shifty:

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Grendel   
Let's hope this film's success isn't judged in some part as a tribute to the late Heath Ledger. It's got the makings of a great film WITHOUT dedicating every mention of it to a dime-a-dozen Hollywood overdose story...

When's it due out, by the way?

Only mildly disrespectful, considering he deserves every bit of praise for the role.

The guy sacrificed his health to properly portray the difficult role, according to Chris Nolan. He became an insomniac, and isolated himself from his friends and family in an attempt to become 'insane' - as inspiration for the character. The medications that he was taking, were apparently prescribed to reverse the effects.

The job probably played a large part in his death, and I think that he deserves to be recognized for that fact; regardless of any personal problems he might've had.

Sure, he signed on for it, and it was his responsibility. Still, credit where credit is due; the guy plays an amazing 'Joker'.

As for the film:

Despite Bale's not-so-scary Batman voice, I think it will be incredible. I kind of wish they'd get rid of the love-interest angle, and make Bruce Wayne more obsessive.

I'v always loved the idea of a movie about old Batman. A live-action 'Batman Beyond' film would be interesting...

RAbbi   

Oh, I totally agree- from the trailers so far, he seems to be one AWESOME Joker. You'll hear no argument from me there...