Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cpl Ledanek

GI JOE (2009 Live movie) cast

60 posts in this topic

"This is worse than that time I got a softball stuck in my nose!"

Just getting my let-down lines ready for this...

They screwed up big time somewhere. Cobra Commander is portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Does he even know he's playing a villain?

Does he even know he's playing an adult?

I say this approximately twelve times a day to different people but here it goes : "durka-durka, you sir are my hero"

I say this approximately twelve times a day to different people but here it goes : "durka-durka, you sir are my hero"

hahaha F-Yeah!

But back on topic...

Have you guys seen the major plot points of this movie? Here are soms spoilers below, and they may be changed (hopefully) by the time the movie comes out, but here's what we got so far....

1. Other than the fact that this is the wierdest cast I have ever seen put together, it looks as if GI Joe won't be the "Real American Hero" due to PC reasons. It is now called "G.I. J.O.E. Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity"

2. Their main base was originally set in Brussels and not in the U.S. due to those same PC reasons. Due to fan reaction, rumors now are saying that they have moved their base to the less volitile, less recognizable region known as Egypt.

3. Apparently, there will be a battle in a city using those funky exoskeleton things.

4. Marlon Waynes is a major character.....

(sorry for spelling errors, I'm too lazy to look them up)

LMAO!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man, I can't wait for this to come out, I will buy the DVD just to show people so we can laugh all the way through, this sounds hilarious!

It'll be like the best parody ever made, except it will be the first parody of itself, if that is even possible, lol.

Edited by Demon_Mustang

I think the "Ray Parks as Snake-Eyes" is a good casting choice... that guy rocked in Epi I - The Death of a Franchise...

I think the "Ray Parks as Snake-Eyes" is a good casting choice... that guy rocked in Epi I - The Death of a Franchise...

Yah, he was a good casting choice, I guess when anyone wants an American martial arts guy who covers up his face and doesn't talk, they call Ray hehe. One problem I'll be interested in how they fix is that he's like 5'5" or something.

I have a lot of hope for this movie, but man.....Marlon Wayns as the lead actor!?!?!?

Sometimes I think these update movies would be better off as a high-speed cartoon.

I guess when anyone wants an American martial arts guy who covers up his face and doesn't talk, they call Ray hehe.

Just like that compelling American actor Hugh Laurie, Ray is British. :whistle:

LoL! All those sneaky British sots going around like they're American! See, if he talked we may know the difference! :)

And that Snake Eyes pic is Bad @#$@#$! Even if it does look like Batman and Blade had a kid. I have to say I'm quite impressed, given what happened to Transformers. My 3rd grade nerd-meter just pinged

Edited by durka-durka

Im not too excited on the GI Joe movie just yet..... Snake Eyes and Stormshadow would be the characters to draw me in.....unfortunately for them the ninja bar itself is set way too high and im not sure theyd measure up to.....well u know.

nin.jpg

it would have been cool for the costume dept to spend a few more seconds looking up the actual location of the tatoos.....not on the shoulder I recall and not readily visible

I've read up on those tatoos, and apparently in some comics they were there, and others they were in some other place like the wrist maybe, I dunno. I give them props for staying that close to the source though, compared to some other 80's remakes we've seen last summer that starts with a "T" and ends with a "f-u bay!" :)

I didn't expect the costumes to really be THAT close to the originals though!

Channing Tatum?

Couldn't they at least gotten a man?

I'm old school. GI Joe to me will always be the original action figure I had as a kid, in like 1972. The guy with the Kung Fu grip. :lol:

Yeah, the newer GI Joes that were like 8 inches tall I don't even consider GI Joe. I had the old school 12" ones and the foot lockers to keep them and the small accessories in. My GI Joes would kick my sister's Ken doll's butt and take Barbie out.

I was of the 80's generation of Joes where all the cool characters came out of. Those guys were part of the inspiration (along with Top Gun, hehe) that made me want to join the Army.

About the movie: Why do people always try to get models to act? And espically....why do people try to get models to act like SOLDIERS??? I've never met a soldier who could model, but I know some who could act really well. (You know the ones, that full-of-bs private).

Anywho, this movie supposedly has $170m budget, 2m more than Transformers. I wonder if it will show?