Nemesis   

About time I loved my Nectromancer with Golem & skeleton mages from D2. D3 is a must for me ...I hope they did it justice :)

Edit: back from 30 mins on the main site. Only 2 charecters..barbarian & witch doctor ??

But the levels/environments look gobsmackingly better. I got a feel of modern "bitmap bros" when they ventured into the Jungle. Some nice in game improvements as well.

I wonder what the tech spec is & I hope they made HELL a lot more of a hellish level :)

zoog   
I never played any of the previous Diablos, but I might give it a try.

Same here. I never really got into this kind of games. I tried.... but it simply didn't work. Maybe because I was too fixated on Final Fantasy style RPG's at that time.

oshead   

i loved the first two (except for all the cheating on battlenet) i can't wait for the new one. i spent nearly an hour between the main site and the gaming news sites soaking in the info.

Edit: back from 30 mins on the main site. Only 2 charecters..barbarian & witch doctor ??

Suspect they are doing a staggered release of information, from memory they did the very same with D2. Compare the current D3 online "knowledgebase" with the D2 one and it's easy to see there likely will be plenty more information released further down the line.

Just looking at the screenshots I think I can make out atleast one more character that hasn't been revealed yet. :ph34r:

Kirq   

FAQ on official site aswers Your question Guys.

How many character classes are included in Diablo III? What are they?

Five character classes will be included in the game, two of which, the barbarian and witch doctor, were revealed when the game was announced at the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational. The other classes will be announced at a later date.

Nemesis   
Suspect they are doing a staggered release of information, from memory they did the very same with D2. Compare the current D3 online "knowledgebase" with the D2 one and it's easy to see there likely will be plenty more information released further down the line.

I hope so Snow. the Sorceress, Barbarian, Paladin & Necromancer from D2. Now in D3 we have a Barbarian & WitchDoctor. So if they plan to equal things up with D2 I assume the witchDoctor replaces the Necromancer or Sorceress ??

I guess I`ll just have to wait & see :)

You folks are lucky it isn't coming out any time soon or work would come to a stop! D2 is the only game in my life I have ever played through 3 times. It's like crack for me. :wacko:

I just hope they don't loose any of the "feel" of it by moving to full 3d.

ADDED: Just watched the game play walkthrough movie and it appears the "feel" is still there. However, I do not care for the art direction at all. The hard surface architectural stuff isn't that bad, but I'm not a fan of the natural stuff. It's got too much of a WOW influence. I much prefer the direction IronLore took with Titan Quest.

Disappointing.... though the game play is the most important thing for me.

Nemesis   
However, I do not care for the art direction at all. The hard surface architectural stuff isn't that bad, but I'm not a fan of the natural stuff. It's got too much of a WOW influence. I much prefer the direction IronLore took with Titan Quest.

As I wasnt familiar with Titan quest I hd a quick look at the 18 creenshot on the main site. They use a much softer palette with lower saturations & very soft shadows. I think scale also plays a part as D3 shows more environment on the screen as a default view in comparison.

I think the gameplay is definitely still there in D3... I just hope it doesnt end as a 15 minute click fest all the time as it did in the latter HELL battles. Sure bring on the badguys,,,bring them on in waves but cut down the numbers & just increase the resistence/health of the enemy = requiring better tactics in killing & more control over skills & potions.

Im not sure if the walkover for health & mana is a good idea though. I used to like stockpiling my horadoric cube as well with health when I knew I was in for a big battle.

BTW: What character did you use to play as, in D2? - Necromancer, Barbarian, Sorceress or Paladin (I think that was it).

Yeah, that walk over health thing is not sitting well with me either. I liked how I had to manage my potions. Going back to town to stock up was part of my strategy. Doing it this way seems to turn the game into more of a clickfest than it already was.

For characters, I played first through as a Paladin and then 2 more times as the Amazon.... once with ranged weapons and the next time with spears and close in stuff.

Nemesis   

Amazon...I knew i was missing one but couldnt remember. I still have my D2 & Expansion. I last fired it up about a year ago....& man are th gfx bad in comparison to nowadays...but it was still fun for the first couple of hours. Then it sank into long runs with long battles & its lustre seems lost :(

Im hopeful that D3 will reveive the old game again :)

Amazon...I knew i was missing one but couldnt remember. I still have my D2 & Expansion. I last fired it up about a year ago....& man are th gfx bad in comparison to nowadays...but it was still fun for the first couple of hours. Then it sank into long runs with long battles & its lustre seems lost :(

Im hopeful that D3 will reveive the old game again :)

I used to fly to Reno every few weeks so I played it on the plane a ton. The only thing I hated about it was those long runs you speak of. Sometimes it would take FOREVER to find a save point.

Have to say I'm guilty of still having D1 and D2 + Expansion installed and ready to go :whistle: I just never had the heart to remove them from the computer and do fire them up again from time to time.

Nemesis   
Have to say I'm guilty of still having D1 and D2 + Expansion installed and ready to go :whistle: I just never had the heart to remove them from the computer and do fire them up again from time to time.

Blimey D1....no that is old..it must be what...12 year old...possibly older?!

Aldous   
Blimey D1....no that is old..it must be what...12 year old...possibly older?!
Diablo is a dark fantasy-themed action role-playing game developed by Blizzard North and released by Blizzard Entertainment on January 2, 1997.

11½. Good call. And it's still fun. :thumbsup:

I'm really loving the video from D3.

Alright...to whoever is dicking around with my time/space continoum please stop now. :help:

I double clicked the Icon saying "Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction" on my desktop and instantly lost 4 hours of my life. :'(

Kirq   
I double clicked the Icon saying "Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction" on my desktop and instantly lost 4 hours of my life. :'(

Story of my life :lol: but You can switch "Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction" to "Diablo 1" and dozens of other titles.

Nemesis   
Alright...to whoever is dicking around with my time/space continoum please stop now. :help:

MUAHAHAHAHA

Wait ...Ive heard that theres one in devellopment that takes month at a time....something to do with some guys at BF..BFS or something. :lol:

:rofl:

That's how it goes for me. I literally had to delete it from my work machine while at RSE and go cold turkey. It's the only way I didn't loose a few hours a day.

Fark; D2 + LOD (and Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion) are by far the biggest time killers of my life. Ever. The things I willingly gave up to sit on the PC with those games ... I have both games permanently installed at all times.

D3 will be awesome.

Re art direction; I'm willing to wait and see how the rest of the game pans out. It seemed to me the gameplay trailer hardly showed the meat of the game, looked more like a tutorial.

In any case ...

The living siege engine of hell eating the barbarian PC and throwing the rest away!!!!! How awesome is that?! Can I get an amen!?

zack991   

I have to Love me ESET SMART SECURITY(NOD32) it will not let anything through. Its like a fat chick who blocks a door and does not even allow any air or light into a room. :thumbsup: Plus i always run a scan no matter where I DL it from. O remember me later to send you my keylogger i need a new credic card.

:rofl:

That's how it goes for me. I literally had to delete it from my work machine while at RSE and go cold turkey. It's the only way I didn't loose a few hours a day.

Tell me about it mate..I spent near 8 months unemployed right around the time that Lord of Destruction came out and spent all to darn much time playing while the wife was at work. She'd take off for an 8 hour shift in a nursing home and I took off for 8 hours worth of bashing my way through the D2 world.

Think I'm going to have to tell the wife to hide my old disc's again or you'll never get that next scope in line :ph34r: as I noticed yesterday that last time around I just started a new character and nothing's more fun than building one up from scratch. :dunce:

Grendel   

Man, we need to get this topic title changed...

So, BlizzCon came and went, and with it, some new Diablo III movies:

Videos on Blizzard's site

Gametrailers:

Monk Class Gameplay

Monk Trailer (HD is broken, for some reason)

So far, the Wizard and the Monk look the most interesting. The last class is expected to be a Rogue or Thief.

I have to say, the Witch Doctor is probably one of the lamest characters. His attacks look very weak and limiting. Besides the Zombie Wall, I don't see many reasons to take this class.

Oh, and just to get some people excited: there's a rumor floating around that Blizzard is working on a console version of Diablo III, as well. After playing Dawn of War II, I kept asking myself, "Why isn't this on consoles?" Looking at Diablo III, I ask myself the same questions.

Hopefully, that rumor ends up being true.

But seriously: how cool was it when the Monk exploded a whole group of enemies? :D