Sign in to follow this  
bangurdead

Error after loggin in...

basically after I log in to BFS I've been greeted with this

bfserrorio6.jpg

Basically I'm forced to hit back till im into the log in screen and then hit the "blackfootstudios forum" link to view the forums...

Check your shortcut, there's a double link in the url referenced in that image.. it might just be a bad save on the shortcut side?

I access directly to the forums using http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums//index.php?

Just noting your location:

I'd like a Pork Tenderloin Sandwich (Mustard & Extra Pickles) :drool:

I got the same error (for the same reason: double URL, dunno why this happens). Just backtrack past the login page and you should be logged in.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I've deleted my cookies and my chache multiple times and it still happening afterwards...

and btw Whisper its not what I typed, its what the server is sending out... Its something recent thats changed on the server that is messing with the PHP code

I cannot reproduce the error, but I have discovered another problem that may be closely related.

I'm investigating.

Edit: It appears unrelated to the login error. Again, I cannot diagnose and fix unless I can effectively reproduce the error.

Edit2: I've encountered that error, but only once, and only using Opera.

I have managed to reproduce the error using IE7. The login is successful, but the redirect breaks. I'm investigating.

I believe I have a solid lead on what the issue was, and I cannot reproduce it further, so I believe it is resolved. If it isn't, please let me know what make/version of browser you are using.

Well, crap.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really confused by this one, then.

Please have patience, and report it here every time it happens. I need patterns to work with.

Thank you.

Edit: I made some server side changes. Please, and I know you have done this before, but blow out your cookies and cache again. It's possible that the edits here are still reading old client data. I hate to ask, but such is the nature of the interwebs.

Edit2: Is it just the one browser? Can you try with another? I've tried five browsers, all under XP, and have seen this error once in one browser, and a few times in another. This was before the file edits that I thought fixed the problem. Also, are you using any browser extensions that may interfere with content, like AdBlock or NoScript?

I'll try and reproduce it with multiple browsers but so far it's happened to me on both an XP machine and Vista64bit in Firefox... so I'll try and do it some more

Edit: well it appears that Firefox is fixed (after sucessfully logging in and out nearly 20 times)...

though I was able to recreate it on

Internet Explorer 7

Version: 7.0.6001.18000 64-bit Edition

Cipher Strength: 256-bit

EDIT: It appears that the non-64bit version is not effected by the problem...

Internet Explorer 7

Version: 7.0.6001.18000 64-bit Edition

Cipher Strength: 256-bit

EDIT: It appears that the non-64bit version is not effected by the problem...

A strong clue maybe? :hmm:

Hey Bang, and any others. I too have the same problem, did some investigation and seems if I log in on the welcome guest (high one) it errors. If I log in on the low one (username with astericks) it does fine. Lemme know, hope this helps.

I'm using FF3 with Vista 64, but never had this error.

I'm using FF3 with XP 64, I never had this error either.

Aldous, just happened again.. Clean XP Pro Install from Chrome, logging in for first time.

It's a first time thing, like the cookie isn't being interpreted the first time it's created. A head scratcher.

It's a first time thing, like the cookie isn't being interpreted the first time it's created. A head scratcher.

Looks like it. I just tested on IE7 (which I never use), and clicked the "login" link (instead of logging in via the fields already visible on the main page). I too got redirected to: http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/ind...ios.com/forums/

I'll chime in here:

I can consistently replicate the issue using the following browsers:

Opera 9.63

Chrome 1.0.154.43

Firefox 3.0.5

IE 7.0.5730.13

Methodology:

- Clear full cache

- Close browser

- Open browser, navigate to BFS home page

- Click Community > Blackfoot Studios Forum

- Authenticate via the Log In link below the board header

Shows the "You are now logged in as...Please wait while we transfer you..." and then displays the 403.

System: XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Good news, everyone! Well, sort of...

The bug has been identified and fixed by the Invision team, and will be included in build 3.0.0 which will be released soon.

The bad news is, they haven't released info on how to patch the current version yet, and we're planning on holding off on 3.0.0 since it will break certain aspects of the site well enough that we're not going to rush into it.

Those looking for semi-formal information can find the support thread here. There is a non-official workaround in said thread, but I'm not going to test it immediately, as it's not an earth shattering issue. I will test it shortly, though.

Edit: The workaround is installed. Please, anyone who would like to assist, see if you can still reproduce the error.

Seems to work, tested with IE7 with cleared cache etc. via the "login" link. Redirects correctly now.

Confirmed--workaround resolves the issue.

I used the same methodology and the same four browsers. No 403.

Aldous: thanks. Your title serves you well. :thumbsup:

Thanks, folks. I really appreciate the time and effort you all put into diagnosing and testing, not to mention patience.