Magnum50

'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier' (ALL) Officially Announced

623 posts in this topic

http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/2/9/news/72181/

Thx Worthplaying.com for the news...

'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier' (ALL) Officially Announced

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier features cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes, while going beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience, with an unparalleled level of quality that will excite long-time fans and newcomers alike.

Ubisoft is offering gamers a chance to be the first to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s Multiplayer Beta this summer 2010. This exclusive beta invitation will be available for a limited time to customers who purchase Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction for the Xbox 360, which releases on 16 April 2010.

Excite long-time-fans ? I guess they mean the ones won with the console-versions.

We'll see how that turns out.

Twtter from Kimi

For those wondering: We will tell more about the PC version later

Why not at the same time as the 360/PS3 version? Just tells me it's going to be a 2nd rate PC game and buggy port from the console version and probably released 4 months after the console version. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed but I stopped holding my breath for R6 and GR Tom Clancy games anymore.

Long-time-fans = Those who bought both GRAW and GRAW2. I am so unexcited about this game...

Thanks for the news, but unfortunately I can't be excited about Tom Clancy announcements any more :yawn: Maybe they prove my expectations wrong, but that chance won't be more than 0.001%

Though I'll keep my fingers crossed but I stopped holding my breath for R6 and GR Tom Clancy games anymore.
I am so unexcited about this game...
Thanks for the news, but unfortunately I can't be excited about Tom Clancy announcements any more :yawn: Maybe they prove my expectations wrong, but that chance won't be more than 0.001%

Can only quote these three posts to express my opinion on this. I feel like a clone on these boards, we think the same, we say the same, hehe.

So the Ghosts, really are ghosts. Christ, what have they done! If I wanted cloaking devices I'd play Neotokyo or Alien versus Predator.

FAIL.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/09/tom-clan...sent-holiday-2/

According ot this source, it is developed by the team who did the console versions of GRAW1-2.

So, any reason not to think this will be the same kind of arcade third person shooting gallery action as those were? You know I could stomach another Grin-like PC GRAW, but this doesn't sound like that. I won't even comment on that lame teaser video.

EDIT: Oh wait, looks like it's the team who did the PS2 version of GRAW. Doesn't make it sound any better though...

Edited by Malleus

It will be interesting to see how RSE fits into all this, since they are working on some big title.

I will reserve judgement until I play it. The GRAW games were a lot of fun, and Ghost Recon has always had a 'future warrior' design element, one way or another. It only makes sense that the technology would consistently become more and more sci-fi.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but hey, there's no real tactical sci-fi military game out there. At least it should make for some fun co-op.

OMG! No way. I thought they couldn't make it any worse than GRAW... They out-did themselves, yet again, and not in the good way :angry:

how is that ghost recon :wall::rant: :rant: at least graw didn't have the guys looking like jawas or nazguls.

Edited by will wabbit hunter