Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zoog

The Humble Indie Bundle

30 posts in this topic

Interesting concept, pay what you want for a 5 game indie bundle and 2 charity programs (World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, LugaraHD, Penumbra, EFF, Child's Play):

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

The Humble Indie Bundle is a unique kind of bundle that we are trying out.

Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $80 but we're letting you set the price!

All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux. We didn't want to leave anyone out.

There is no middle-man. You can rest assured that 100% of your purchase goes directly to the developers and non-profits as you specify (minus credit card fees).

We don't use DRM. When you buy these games, they are yours. Feel free to play them without an internet connection, back them up, and install them on all of your Macs and PCs freely.

Your contribution supports the amazing Child's Play charity and Electronic Frontier Foundation. By default, the amount is split equally between the seven participants (including Child's Play and EFF), but you can tweak the split any way you'd like.

It's a limited time offer.

When you break that total down to an average of only $9 per person it really shows how quickly it can add up.

Nice! Great that ideas like this get picked up and are actually succesful

Food for thought....

:hmm:

No kidding... the big issue we always had was that we never had a playable game to pass around. Once you have some form of that then the skies the limit on revenue generating ideas.

I think the market that Frozen Synapse has touched is also something to consider to create revenue for a bigger project like GB, especially if it's marketed as a prequal to GB. Doesn't really fit into this thread (sorry) but it's something I've been thinking about the past few weeks.

I already own Shadowgrounds & Shadowgrounds:Survivor, but this is too positive a thing to pass up.

Oh you know I'm on it. Er, buying it - bou... hold on a second.

I have purchased this, and used the optional Steam key. Even if I only get a few minutes' worth of distraction out of it, it's worth while.

Purchased (as I get yet another Steam player pop-up telling me they bought it too) earlier, as well as the current Indie Royale bundle

Toys!

The current one is probably the Best Bundle so far. I've bought it even though I already had Amnesia and Limbo.

Just started playing Bastion. People kept telling me to play it and it's worth all the money I spent on the entire bundle. Beautiful art and story.

Been meaning to play Limbo for a while and I played Amnesia for a bit before realizing I'm too weenie to play it.

Played Sword and Sworcery on my iPhone. Awesome 8bit style and music. Loved the goofy characters and dialogue. Gameplay is meh.

Okay, this is the Bundle to get, if you haven't bought one before (or been gifted it, etc.) as eight games for $whatever is ridiculous enough, but these eight? I mean, really, if you think of it as one game you would like to own, for less than you would likely pay at retail (if you could find it) and the other seven games plus five soundtracks in FLAC & mp3 format plus the charities and indie developers behind everything as extras...

Wow, I still have the tab with the page where I can download the games of this bundle open. Looked at it and saw the list was suddenly larger. They were so kind to expand the bundle for those who already purchased it.

I'm going to have to wait a bit on this, but there are at least two titles i've been after anyway. HB them and it's a gimmie deal.