Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cpl Ledanek

Samsung-LN32C450 + Asus Eeepc Box

6 posts in this topic

So we finally replaced our dying tube TV with a Samsung-LN32C450 (wife still not satisfied its a good tv) so I was thinking of adding an Asus Eeepc to it so she can watch her Youtubes without having to go to our desktop.

I need a couple suggestions:

--- will the Asus Eee Box do as promised? I saw one @ Fry's for $199.

--- need a All-in-One Remote for the Samsung and for our DirectTV something basic.

--- need a wireless keyboard. I like the Logitech Bluetooth DiNovo but ###### is expensive...need something small with trackpad so I can forgo the mouse.

advance thanks

Dont new TVs come with built in internet compatibility?

Some indeed do now but don't expect too much of it until you get some hands-on experience.

My TV for instance has YouTube, not a lie about it. But by the time you've only opened the YT plug-in, chances are you've already fallen asleep while going through all the bothersome and slow loading menu's.

Than when you're ready to watch a video the real fun only begins because the TV doesn't support a keyboard, so all the typing has to be done with the remote's 0-9 keys. Not very user friendly.

Dont new TVs come with built in internet compatibility?

No sir.

Some indeed do now but don't expect too much of it until you get some hands-on experience.

My TV for instance has YouTube, not a lie about it. But by the time you've only opened the YT plug-in, chances are you've already fallen asleep while going through all the bothersome and slow loading menu's.

Than when you're ready to watch a video the real fun only begins because the TV doesn't support a keyboard, so all the typing has to be done with the remote's 0-9 keys. Not very user friendly.

from what I gathered from the Internet...most ppl would use the TV as monitor (via extended monitor/clone under XP)....so I'm either going to build from scratch or keep looking for a nettop PC such as these low powered ION chips like the Asus Eeepc or Acer Revo....but I got one more desktop I want to see if i can get it to work.

I understand Led. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that type of PC but if it has got the right AV outputs it's definitely the way to go. I have a similar setup, I simply hookup one cable and the TV becomes a PC.

And btw you can use your iPod Touch as a remote with apps like Air Mouse Pro.

I understand Led. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that type of PC but if it has got the right AV outputs it's definitely the way to go. I have a similar setup, I simply hookup one cable and the TV becomes a PC.

And btw you can use your iPod Touch as a remote with apps like Air Mouse Pro.

thanks TJ, I D/L Air Mouse (free ed) and Jumi Mouse (free ed) can't wait to try it out.

:thumbsup: