budgie

Introduce yourself

609 posts in this topic

Let's all tell a little bit about ourselves. A lot of us are already acquainted from way back but it's nice to start over with the new guys and gals as well. Post some info - where you're from, interest in games, what other interests and hobbies you have and how you heard about Blackfoot.

I'm budgie (small 'b') from New Zealand. I'm an old timer at ghostrecon.net and I modded Long Haul and ACU Gucci Kit for GR1.

I became interested in military tactical sims way back in the early nineties (yeah, I'm old) with SEAL Team. Since then I've played SpecOps, Delta Force, Rainbow six and pretty much anything that came down the pipe until GR2 went to Consoles andd R6 and GRAW just went silly. After that I kinda lost interest in the direction of both Ubi Franchises, but I play a lot of other games like Oblivion, Company of Heroes and so on to keep me busy.

My other interests include bodybuilding, snowboarding, travel and beer. I speak Japanese and a little French. I worked as a English language instructor in Japan and Hong Kong for four years and I'm currently on my last year of a three year stint as a flight attendant for an international carrier out of the UAE. After that I'll go back to teaching.

I heard about Blackfoot from ZJJ - another gr.net regular and after reading what John wrote on the gr.net forums I got all drooly about the 'old skool' prospects of a back to reality commando game. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Edited by budgie

I'm SupRore, but I've had an abbreviated version of my screen name in the grnet forums for years. I spend most of my time working on digital art, primarily realtime 3d stuff, in hopes of pursuing a career in production art for games.

I play all sorts of games, with the closest thing to an exception being the Final Fantasy mold of RPGS. RTS doesn't appeal to me that much either, but aside from that I'm open to everything.

Other than all that, I mostly just get put on post moderation and misuse emoticons. :(

I am here in the good'ol US of A.

I actually started out in the UBI forums several years ago. That is where I got to posting back and forth with WK and he posted a link to GR.net. I rarely spend any time in the UBI forums these days, and GR.net takes up most of my forum time (not that I spend much time on computer).

I don't game that much, so I really don't have that much experience gaming compared to many here. The "milsim" genre appeals to me as I enjoy hunting, shooting, and I used to shoot competitively at one point.

I used to game on the PC until my last PC croaked on me. I have not gamed on a PC since. Fortunately OFP came out on the Xbox, so that is pretty much all I run these days. I ran GR Gold edition, the Frostbite Mod, the Year of the Monkey Mod, and Raven Shield on the PC. On the Xbox, I have run GR/DS/GRIT, the SC series, the Halo series, GR2 & Summit Strike, RB6, Black Arrow, Lockdown, OFP, Shadow Ops, Shattered Union, and Sniper Elite.

I game about once a week, sometimes more and often less. I currently only use my PC for work, and if OFP becomes backward compatible, I may just buy a 360 and not look back. In general I like the PC titles better, but I like the simplicity of the console system (not the games), and I just like sitting back and relaxing in front of a big screen.

I'm Papa6, my real name is Chris.

I've been a Red Storm.Gr guy since the late 90's.

I've been in the military and still have that military mindedness and play mostly games with military themes.

I live in Maryland with my wife and three gorgeous kids and with that, I'm having to buy custom to order Compaq PC's due to $$ constraints.

But i first got involved with modding or actually editing when i edited textures for OGR maps Farm and Airbase. I enjoy extending games beyond what the dev has done. I think my first time to edit a game was with doom2 and the level design app.

I've been around Gr.net for about 5 years? I miss the 'ell out of What made OGR great. Not one single game has been able to reproduce that GR'ness.

I am BajaBravo. I've been a long-time fan. I was a fairly prolific modder for the OGR back in the day. (Canadian Ops 2, Sabre Teams and many others) I hung up my spurs to pursue other interests, but I still play.

In RealLife, I am a community college professor. I teach IT (mostly C++ programming) and general business subjects (economics, HR, marketing). I am also a Captain in the Canadian Forces Army Reserve, in the Armoured Reconnaissance trade. I have recently been employed as a Reconnaissance Squadron Commander, but right now I am a student at Land Forces Command and Staff College.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what BlackFoot Studios has to offer. :)

I am BajaBravo. I've been a long-time fan. I was a fairly prolific modder for the OGR back in the day. (Canadian Ops 2, Sabre Teams and many others) I hung up my spurs to pursue other interests, but I still play.

In RealLife, I am a community college professor. I teach IT (mostly C++ programming) and general business subjects (economics, HR, marketing). I am also a Captain in the Canadian Forces Army Reserve, in the Armoured Reconnaissance trade. I have recently been employed as a Reconnaissance Squadron Commander, but right now I am a student at Land Forces Command and Staff College.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what BlackFoot Studios has to offer. :)

OMG everybody its bajabravo!! *bows in the presence of modding royalty*

Sup dude!! B)

Hi I'm Tactical Jerky, I come from The Netherlands and have been an addicted gamer for quite some years now (addicted to games that is).

I like all kinds and types of games but my favorite have always been from the tactical shooter genre. I've been a big GR fan since it's release on Xbox, but from GR2 on I've been a bit disappointed about the way the series took. That and the lack of other proper games on console has drawn me a bit more towards pc gaming recently. Other than that I still enjoy the GR related boards and I'm a real happy man to hear BF's plans for their upcoming project.

Other big passions of me are cooking all kinds of things (see Jerky being smoked in my sig), watching movies and many other things. B)

I'm Ricky and my game name is over too the left. I'm a gamer that enjoys most military style games and flight sims of various kinds. I drink too much and if it has a skirt with a pulse it's fair prey so that's me in a nutshell.

Ricky

Been gaming since the original R6, multi-playing competitively since RS and I've always loved the R6 series and hopefully those great days will return soon.

In fact, this forum kinda reminds of the old ugly red RSE forums back in the day.

I spent 9 years active duty infantry and the past 5 as an active duty training NCO for the PA Army Guard, 7 years to go until I retire!

w00t!

I'm Whisper_44, I got my chops on R6, and never looked back, I may be familiar to some for my work with Cocobolo Ops/DTD modding team, others know me as a "gunfreak", with the collection that John has assembled, and the lineage therein, I'm sure I am not alone in eagerly anticipating whatever is coming our way.

Im calius ... been around GR.net since 2002 etc etc. I notice a few old skool names here, I have a feeling this might end to be the unofficial GR.net "ole timers" section :P:)

Anywho nice setup Jsonedecker, familiar board s/w in desert scheme ... nice :thumbsup:

Frozyn here....been around since the original Rainbow Six days. Only modding I ever did was to make sniper maps for Rogue Spear using its nifty editor. Most won't recognize the name unless you frequent(ed) PiesTactics or ThePlatoon.

Sup dude!! B)

:cheers: It's like old home week here. ;)

I know what you mean. Its like a reunion or somethin. All we need now is el OSO. Has anybody seen em?

Hi all. I'm really excited with this new project so i just wanted to introduce myself. Under this weird nick there is a 32 years old guy living next to the mediterranen sea. I've been playing computer games since my first commodore 64 when i was ten i guess. I been playing R6 and RS since they were released but I just started modding RS one and a half years ago (yeah, you are reading right, 1 and a half years ago, i'm always late, lol) when one boring august morning I decided to discover what was all that 3d design about.

I'm not into MP playing that much, i always think that a game, first of all, must be a good SP game. In fact i've been always a Graphic adventure lover but i always enjoy a good mp playing with my friends.

Best games ever? Day of the tentacle and R6/RS spear, of course!

Do you let me recommend you a game? "Shadow of the colossus"

I'm Ying. I've headed up a clan called zero degrees since just after rvs came out. like many of you, once I got into the whole tactical R6 thing, I never looked back. I dont know a whole lot of the GR guys here, but I definately know 90% of the R6 folks. Anyhow, good to meet y'all and look forward to gaming with you in the future! ggs.

Dr.Jeckyl

been waist deep in everything GR since 2001. admin of ThePlatoon.com and now member #113 of a community that has been wanting something like this for a LOOONG time. i will defiantly be checking in on a regular basis.

Hi all,

krise madsen (no capitol letters on purpose :yes: ) here.

krise (literally "crisis") is a pun on my real middle name: Rise (actually a girls name :rolleyes: ). Originally, my nick was a different variation of Rise, based on my unbeliveable luck (despite useless driving skills) playing Grand Prix 4 (best race sim ever! :thumbsup: ), until I had the most spectacular crash in GP4 gaming history...

Basically I'm a cranky old fart who thinks everything (games in particualr) was better in the good old days. And they were.

I've always been a military geek, though my 11 months as a conscript in the Danish Army is now many years (and quite a few pounds!) in the past. It also made abundantly clear that I'm far more comfortable behind a keyboard than in a damp foxhole. :lol:

Like many of you, I played the original R6 series (i.e. pre-Raven Shield) and the original Ghost Recon series, and never looked back. Recent GR.net attendees may have noticed my enthusiasm for NORG. OR6 and OGR were created with the proper NORG mindset. So it's hardly surprising I'm very exited about this new BFS game. :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

Cpl Ledanek....from the days of RB6...pietactics, agr-s, dtd mod stalker, then converted to Nation of GhostRecon otherwise known as GhostRecon.net---I just made that up just now :D

31 y/o :whistle: ...DON'T BE CLICKING ON MY PROFILE TO SEE MY REAL AGE! :o=

was in the Corp---damn can't remember, but I got out '92 after taking a group tour in Saudi Arabia. Cpl was my last rank. So the rank is real, and not a gaming rank coz if it was I'd still be a recruit coz of my limited time to play online.

I'm the one stalking BajaBravo, El Oso to have a reunion in GR.NET

I'm also the one trying to de-value the book market price of Master of Chaos by asking HF to sign it.

I'm the one who master all the ninja cats in GR.NET that keeps getting foiled by Janie and cobaka.

Yes, I see you cobaka lurking here too.

I'm the one keeps having PC trouble.

I'm the conduit of all those gif and Asian funny clips in GR Humor section.

If theres any free on the net, I want it. :lol:

And yes I did not get approval from John to stamp his company logo on my Sig. :pirate:

I originally started with Rogue Spear in a clan called Tards With Guns, my name at that time was moose_knuckle. When Ravenshield came out the name was too long so I switched to m00se. Found a new clan, Legends never Die, some of the TwG crew came along, and I have been there ever since.

I helped out quite a bit with www.punksbusted.com when we found out RvS was getting Punkbuster, and spent a good 2 years helpin' people and bustin' cheaters.

The past year or so I've slowed down quite a bit, with real life and all.

I'm really excited about this new game, hope it works out well.

Nice meeting all of you.

xfire: m00se

www.team-lnd.com

MONOLITH

Long time R6:Rogue Spear/GR fan.

Creator of Gangland and Dangerous Babes mods for GR1.

Bajabravo's evil half, and official forum bouncer for the Platoon. :P

Greatly looking forward to see what Sonedecker and Crew churn out.

Let me know if there's a scripting position open. Will work for free! :)