Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirq

Hawken

41 posts in this topic

Looks like the bunnyhoppers wet dream, so clearly not a game for me. Could be a pretty nifty action shooter for those so inclined though.

It looks nice and all, and I'll probably get it since I've been a MechHead since I played MechWarrior 2, but dammit, I want my MechWarrior! Still waiting on that one too. Still, this is definitely above War World (the last indie mech game I remember).

I really dig the effort that was put into the landscape. Those cities are damned impressive! Very nicely done and hats off to the team indeed + best wishes for the project.

I really dig the effort that was put into the landscape. Those cities are damned impressive! Very nicely done and hats off to the team indeed + best wishes for the project.

+1

This went from "interesting" to "Ok, where do I put my money?"

It's looking really good, like a decent mix of Heavy Gear, MechWarrior, and (I hate mentioning this one) MechAssault.

yeah, looking good!

9 dedicated guys that know what they are doing working in UDK for 9 months is powerful.

Seriously do agree with you there J.

Those guys deserve an award alone just for the amount of love and detail which went into their city alone. You could just have a fly through video of that and impress people.

Im a huge enviro. whore and when it comes to beautiful level design I seriously do appreciate it big time.

what's shocked me was that my brother sent off an email to them and actually got two emails back from them. One of the head honcho there and another from another guy talking about how the his email got passed around the office and they loved it...

honestly its refreshing considering all the automated bs from mega corporations for simple stuff like tech support...

the "support" we get is some generic "cover all gaps but does nothing" email response when we really need is human support

and considering a 9 man team could take time to address one random email personally verse a 100person studio* says alot about the current state of console and Pc gaming :wall:

what's shocked me was that my brother sent off an email to them and actually got two emails back from them. One of the head honcho there and another from another guy talking about how the his email got passed around the office and they loved it...

honestly its refreshing considering all the automated bs from mega corporations for simple stuff like tech support...

the "support" we get is some generic "cover all gaps but does nothing" email response when we really need is human support

and considering a 9 man team could take time to address one random email personally verse a 100person studio* says alot about the current state of console and Pc gaming :wall:

Actually that has to do more with company policy really. It happens with any large sized entities in the business world. Communication generally isnt allowed with the outside world in regards to what goes on with the company unless through proper channels.

Smaller teams dont have this sort of red tape BS to deal with so they can answer to whoever they feel like.

With guys this talented you have got to imagine they have been around the block a few times and knows about this sorta stuff too, which is why its nice to see that they actually took the time out to respond to your brothers email. :thumbsup:

Do agree with you about the whole generic responses from support teams, but with the sheer volume that comes in there really is no other way to deal with that. Even more so if said question has no current answer. It may be bad business but it beats giving out wrong advice which makes the situation worse on the side of the end user. Not to mention its rare to find tech support agents that actually know more than you do when something really goes wrong. Considering for the most part that tech support staff are generally part timers.

Why is that a shame Fixxxer? Just curious.

usually F2P quickly degrades into what can they shut off from the game to make people want to pay...

-Extremely long "Leveling" times to be even able to use certain items to help sell XP boosters (XP and Money are basically two sides of the same coin)

-Time limited items that disintegrate within days or hours

-Items that can only be realistically obtained via cash for any decent amount of time

-instead of a payment ceiling (say 50.00 retail on a boxed game) you can easily spend 100+ or more for items and not have the stuff a week from tomorrow or even half the "game"

usually F2P quickly degrades into what can they shut off from the game to make people want to pay...

-Extremely long "Leveling" times to be even able to use certain items to help sell XP boosters (XP and Money are basically two sides of the same coin)

-Items that can only be realistically obtained via cash for any decent amount of time

-instead of a payment ceiling (say 50.00 retail on a boxed game) you can easily spend 100+ or more for items and not have the stuff a week from tomorrow or even half the "game"

Understandable...thanks for breaking it down for me like that :).

What dead said.

So far a few games I've been waiting patiently for for the last little while have gone F2P and I've lost pretty much all interest in them now. Sadly, this game being one of them.

I'm right there with you Fixxer

the only games I've kept intrest with after they've announced F2P have been

MechWarrior Online (hopefully this one wont be a bust)

Hawken

just due to the fact there's no other mech games coming out.

Games that fell off the face of the earth

APB Reloaded (owned APB) after I seen how "balanced" it was If you pay you "win" in that game

Blacklight Retribution (got into beta) found out how they're going to monetize every single thing...

and others that I immediately just put a mental block up on.

seriously F2P is one of the worst payment methods for gamers unless you get extremely lucky with a game like League of Legends and that business model is the rarest one among F2P once you own a character its yours and that is something these other developers look at and say hey why not make them pay over and over for the same stuff!!!

Thats very informative

As an Indie, they should be able to reap benefits in this business model where not everyone can afford a $60 game...at first release.

Taken that it does turn off certain players <_<