Magnum50

ArmA3 announced...

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3

ARMA3 Detail page

Key features:

* Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.

* Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.

* Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

* Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.

* Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.

* Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

* Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

Looks nice!

Would love to see vids in the future showing what all the difs are with Arma 2 vs Arma 3.

I just hope that this time they get the physics right in terms of vehicle weight, since always LOVE my ground transports getting caught up on or disabled on a ###### bush :rofl:

If they take all the pointers from the modders and the great work that they have done for Arma2 Id imagine 3 will be awesome. Hope that they beefed up the sound work too. Was a bit lackluster in vanilla thats why.

Its interesting that its showing the US forces with FN2000s. At least its better than the XM8, but not by much... :shifty:

Wonder if with the whole underwater bit we will be able to do raids on large ships and such.

On the one side, it's good news... but then there's the other side.

The required system is massive. Once again, just like with ArmA and ARMA2 it's going to be a massive community divider, and this is going to be everyone in everyone's favourtie realism unit/clan/whatever. I will have to buy a new computer to run this (I was going to get one now, but I guess I can wait a year).

Like in ArmA and ARMA2, the game will be buggy, un-optimised, and a general pain in the ass upon release for minimum to medium systems, and sometimes oddball performance issues even on beast computers. Then it's another year of waiting until the game is properly patched (I have to hand it to BIS, ArmA and ARMA 2 both saw massive improvements after a long period of patching).

And then we'll lose our favourite mods again (ACE and especially ACRE), which will take time to redevelop if they even do it. I was so pleased that these gameplay-enhancers (let's face it, who cares about another APC model?) are finally stable. Guess we have another year to enjoy them.

The game's saving qualities will have to be in massive engine improvement, especially when it comes to fysics, such as in the case of throwing grenades and moving into buildings / AI ability to fight in buildings, and accesible buildings. These are ARMA's current bad points.

We'll see.

Yes! I'm so excited! :drool:

One thing.... BIS, please optimise the engine this time!

PS. where can I preorder it?! :bounce:

Those are some serious minimum requirements! Even for a 2012 release I think.

We could be optimistic though and hope they are simply not lying as much as other game companies :)

After all, you can see A2 has lower requirements than OA on paper, but in reality the requirements are basically the same.

But like anything, we'll have to wait and see how things will end up when the game is released.

Other than the much needed engine improvements which is the main thing, I also wonder what other IDF stuff we'll see in the game, considering the Merkava screenshot.

Edited by galzohar

The engine improvements will be very welcome. Bohemia Interactive Studios have always been pretty good at graphical fidelity too. I find myself doubtful of both BIS's ability to pull off authentic futuristic warfare as I do an engaging background story. Their track record has so far been less than perfect to say the least.

As one forum original commented.

Seeing this screens would had put me off totaly, if it wasn't for the fact that I know bis is the developer.

But for a seconed, think if it had said "Battlefield 4" on those screens? We would all laugh and say "hey, we not like those people.. we want realism", ..

-k

I'm not a fan of ARMA 2's stick figures and clumsy, clunky animations. But I think I want to check this new game out for sure.

And I will build a heavy duty system late this year in preparation for it.

Yo Grand Poobah, how's it going man?

I just saw the min specs and well kick me in the jimmy. I had remade this system for Arma 2 and other games, but dont think Ill be doing that again for Arma 3 well not for a long while anyways. :sweating:

I'll pass on this sim-game. I unfortunately can't stand fighting their clunky unoptimized or over complicated control schemes and so far I haven't seen them improve much on that even on the less realistic OP:DR and OP:RR so with that I'm going to save my cash till a demo proves otherwise.

If 99.99% of the time a player is going to be playing infantry do it right first, then maker sure the other systems are adequate...

Not a fan of this futuristic thing (and the backstory), but I'm still interested. I hope my current PC will be able to handle it.

The engine improvements will be very welcome. Bohemia Interactive Studios have always been pretty good at graphical fidelity too. I find myself doubtful of both BIS's ability to pull off authentic futuristic warfare as I do an engaging background story. Their track record has so far been less than perfect to say the least.

Making a futuristic scenario while sticking to realism is nigh impossible. That sort of thing practically always become contrived and borderline silly. But mods will undoubtedly cater to those going for realism and contemporary scenarios.

Not a fan of futuristic scenario either, (GRAW deja VU ) I guess we have to wait and see

Hopefully they fix the cripple movements and CQB

The good thing is that this time they are going to implement proper physics to the engine

Edited by ratoa

Just like OA's mess with SCARs and stuff was easily fixable with mods, I'm sure it won't really be a problem in Arma 3 either. There are much more important things I wonder about...

If 99.99% of the time a player is going to be playing infantry do it right first, then maker sure the other systems are adequate...

I agree. I hope ArmA 3 has many infantry improvements while still scaling back nicely. If my PC truly is the minimum specs I won't be buying it.

I don't care for better graphics. ArmA 2 OA looks good enough as it is.

This one is strong with the force

Hopefully I may be back to PC gaming with Arma III

Time will tell