dporter

CPA Exam

dporter   

Today I'm celebrating passing my first section of the CPA exam!!

1 down 3 more to go :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

So excited. Thought I really bombed the regulation section.

Ick   

That was the hardest series of exams I have ever taken. In my day there were five parts, two and a half days of testing. It was half multiple choice... half essay and complex answers like "compile a complete set of financial statements from the data".

I can imagine it has changed quite a bit. Do they still make it mandatory for you to sit for ALL parts your first time out?

dporter   

That was the hardest series of exams I have ever taken. In my day there were five parts, two and a half days of testing. It was half multiple choice... half essay and complex answers like "compile a complete set of financial statements from the data".

I can imagine it has changed quite a bit. Do they still make it mandatory for you to sit for ALL parts your first time out?

No, you can take each section seperately but from what I've heard the questions are a bit trickier. Still nice though not to have to study for all of them at once.

ZJJ   

Congrats! :clapping:

However, I don't need an accountant, I need a lawyer. Anyone passed the bar exam? :lol:

dporter   

Update and I just realized I never posted my second set of results.

Passed Auditing in October with and 89 and just recently passed financial accounting and reporting with an 87.

One more section to go and it is a quarter of the size of the other tests (saved the smallest test for last and I'm thankful I did).

Should only be another month and a half and I will be done.

Edited by dporter

dporter   

Well, it's official. Last score came in and I have passed everything.

Great lessons learned along the way. Best way to sum it up is to never give up no matter how daunting the road ahead. Appreciate the small milestones along the way and let them motivate you to keep going and most importantly continue progressing in life and expand your abilities. Thanks guys for the support!

Colin   

Today I'm celebrating passing my first section of the CPA exam!!

1 down 3 more to go :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

So excited. Thought I really bombed the regulation section.

Nice job man Congrats.

Ick   

Well, it's official. Last score came in and I have passed everything.

Great lessons learned along the way. Best way to sum it up is to never give up no matter how daunting the road ahead. Appreciate the small milestones along the way and let them motivate you to keep going and most importantly continue progressing in life and expand your abilities. Thanks guys for the support!

That is awesome, great job. Do you already have the experience requirements lined up? Is it still 2 years including a requirement for auditing experience and "rendering opinions"?

dporter   

2 years experience is the requirement and I have more then enough with about 8 years of accounting experience. No auditing requirements although I would meet those as well.

I just need some more college credits to meet the 150 hour credit requirement. Underwater basket weaving and yoga here I come.