MONOLITH

The Walking Dead TV Series

Nutlink   

Just finished watching the season 2 opener. $@#%!

They don't say what Jenner said to Rick, although it was mentioned right off the bat. Sophia goes missing and isn't found. Carl gets shot by by an unseen hunter. The group is falling apart. I want answers NAOW!!!!

On that note, there were WAY too many commercial breaks, especially towards the end. Four 3 minute commercial breaks in the last half hour. That's 12 minutes of commercials for 18 minutes of show. Ridiculous.

I would agree that the commercials were excessive, however I DVR'd it and started it 30m late, fast forwarding through the ads. IMO it's the only way to watch TV.

Bota:16   

Yea rarely do I sit down every week to watch an episode of a show. I usually wait until the end of the season and I can watch all the episodes back to back or within a short time. That's what I did with the 1st season, waited for it to show up on Vudu.

MONOLITH   

Since this was never stated on the show, and I'm just guessing, this isn't a spoiler. But....

I say the mystery issue with Rick's wife is obvious; she's pregnant with the other guys baby.

Nutlink   

It may not be completely obvious though....

The blood test may have shown that she was pregnant, but maybe he didn't know who the father was yet. Or maybe he saw what Shane was trying to do to Lori on a camera in the rec room and told him. Hell, it could be something else entirely. They have already stated that they won't follow the comics too closely, so there may never be a pregnancy. I had to laugh the first time I saw that because my brother cracked a joke saying that Jenner told him "I touched you while you were sleeping," which was all the more hilarious because of the look on Ricks face.

dporter   

Thankfully with our new comcast it has the episodes on demand although the only episodes from the first season were 104-106 which means I guess I missed the first three episodes. I'm not sure who he talks to on the radio from time to time but I'm guessing it's the guy they were looking for who must have sawed off his hand when he was handcuffed to a roof. That's the episode that I came in on.

Nutlink   

Actually it's not, it's a man and his child who saved him in the first episode ;)

If you have Netflix they have the first season on there.

Magnum50   

they sure dragged out that final scene thou didn't they... building suspense.

I work nights, so watch it the next day on iTunes... no commercials. ;)

Rasa   

It's best not to watch these things with commercials. Often enough the director/editor puts effort into the rythm of scenes and the episode as a whole. Commercials take a very big dump on any artistic aspects episodes may have.

Kirq   

Am I the only one who feels a bit disappointed with second season? And it comes form a zombie fan. It's directed by someone else and it shows imho. There are few scenes that doesn't make much sense

Like the one from the very beginig when they are surprised by a crowd of zombies on empty highway. No zombies at all and great visibility around them, then he spots one zombie with bino and next scene there are ~50 zombies 30m away from them

and I don't like how they are going over the top with those emotional speeches scenes that are suppose to build bounds

church monologue...

I hope it get better later on.

Nutlink   

###### Shane, ######! I understand he didn't think he would make it, but man is he making some real stupid decisions lately. Makes you wonder if he would off one of the man characters to save his own skin, but I guess it's a wait and see moment.

And the show has already been renewed for a third season.

I'm liking it so far. Just wish they would move on from the kid being shot and laying in bed. 2 episodes is enough. Just seems like that "story" is being dragged on unnecessarily.

MONOLITH   

Way too much drawn out drama with Sundays episode, and not enough zombie action.

This season definitely has way more 'non zombie' yawn story. The first season was much more action.

I did like the incident that occurred with the two guys running from the school. A nice gritty moment of dark human realism.

Saw this, and couldn't agree more

As much as I enjoyed this episode and the two that proceeded it, the pace for this season is maddeningly slow and it feels like the events are being needlessly padded out. Some of it is working very well, especially the Shane segments and the bonding between Daryl and the other survivors. However, I really want the search for Sophia to wrap up as soon as possible. At first it was a compelling angle, but it is definitely wearing out its welcome.

Way too much drawn out drama with Sundays episode, and not enough zombie action.

This season definitely has way more 'non zombie' yawn story. The first season was much more action.

I did like the incident that occurred with the two guys running from the school. A nice gritty moment of dark human realism.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like "The Unit" did. Liked the first season then after that it become a soap opera.

MONOLITH   

Yawn and Grrrr.....

Another boring episode.... The bloater in the well was interesting for all of 6 minutes, the "she's gonna bang him in the store; what if zombies come right now?" was interesting for another 90 seconds. The rest was crap.

And to have Shane acting like he's mentally handicapped for most of the show.....makes me can't wait for him to die somehow. If I was Rick I'd be putting a bullet in his head the minute I find out my wife is carrying his baby.