Sign in to follow this  
jwp1223

So....

jwp1223   

Does anyone know what happened to peeps like Grendel, Hatchet ( I assume he is busy with SF stuff)...and others that seem to be missing from the community?

Kirq   

I'm not sure but I think that Grenedel was banned or just left after receiving another warning from one of Moderators.

Grendel left on his own because of what Kirq said. HF decided he no longer wanted to participate at that level. We are still good friends and talk a lot and he always gives reference and advice when asked. :thumbsup:

jwp1223   

Grendel left on his own because of what Kirq said. HF decided he no longer wanted to participate at that level. We are still good friends and talk a lot and he always gives reference and advice when asked. :thumbsup:

Damn that Kirq ruining everything...=)

Thanks for the updates yalls.

jwp1223   

So, I am glad I made this thread, because I noticed that the ol' ThePlatoon website is down, I guess Monkee and Jeckyl decided that it wasn't feasible to have around anymore. Good memories and good times there.

jwp1223   

Yeah the site went down quite awhile ago. Shame too. It had a great community.

ThePlatoon.

Those were the days........

:bye:

In deed, great community, good days. :'(

Fixxxer   

MONO, do you hear from Zazoo and/or Baja at all? They were good people and once The Platoon was gone they just kind of vanished. I'm not sure if they're active in other communities though, so maybe they're still kicking around and I just don't know it.

I have spoken with Dr. J since and he's doing well, but some of the other core members just vanished.

MONOLITH   

Baja and I are very good friends and are still in touch. He and his wife came to my wedding. We've met up a couple of times for summer vacations in Ocean City Maryland. These days most of our interaction is on Facebook. He doesn't do any gaming anymore. He found other things in life to keep him busy like military stuff and fatherhood.

Mike (Zazoo) and I lost touch.

Fixxxer   

Baja and I are very good friends and are still in touch...

Well that's good.

Oddly enough shortly after I met Baja I found out his wife and my mother actually worked together awhile back. Good to hear he's still doing well. If you remember just let him know I said hello.

jwp1223   

There used to be a ThePlatoon Group on Facebook....I wonder if it's still up.

After punching in the digits on ol FB, it is in deed a group. I am even part of it.

Mike (Zazoo) is even part of it, but he doesn't post, in fact no one has posted excepted Justin (GuitarKid or whatever his screenname was).

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2261998942

jwp1223   

I use it to cure my boredom at work, and to keep in touch with friends from Middle School, High School, College and what not.

Joshua, Sean(?) and Tom, if you speak/chat to anyone from The Platoon, you give 'em my best, OK?

Last thing I remember from The Platoon was that Mickey D was promoted to Major and G.I Joe had stopped cutting himself.

jwp1223   

Joshua, Sean(?) and Tom, if you speak/chat to anyone from The Platoon, you give 'em my best, OK?

Last thing I remember from The Platoon was that Mickey D was promoted to Major and G.I Joe had stopped cutting himself.

I wish you'd quit calling me Joshua, and just call me...Josh :)....and Mickey D? Who is that? Baja?

jwp1223   

There already were a Josh - Farmboy - on The Platoon so Joshua kind of stuck but I'll try to make it shorter.

And yes, I meant Baja.

Gotcha....thanks Sebby