V2_Bloodline

MoH: Warfighter

I really need to stop working so I can join you guys

Still working at the strip joint shaking your money maker huh??

this video interview between Medal of Honor executive producer Greg Goodrich confronts Tom McShea of Gamespot, called "A Matter of Authenticity" is rather interesting. I thought I'd share it

http://e3.gamespot.c...of-authenticity

then the writer gives the MP this review

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380904/medal-of-honor-where-is-the-honor

so I comment

I think these two are in need of a newer game that is not so mainstream.

A First Person Shooter, where if you get shot and killed, you automatically become spectator or choose to leave the game room and look for another match. Where "the game" basically highlights how poor of a MP you are. It basically takes the game out of the excuse, of how your skills are as a gamer.

no more mouse lag

ping excuses

where a game is released, and its community can modify it to its liking.

don't want too much HUD

the community can mod the game.

maybe these two can give Ground Branch a look. Blackfoot Studio (4-7 developers) has been trying to develop

their own brand of Tactical Shooter with their own money since 2007. They launched a Kickstarter for their game: Ground Branch

per their site:

"Ground Branch is based on the real life subsection of the Special Activities Division of the Central Intelligence Agency. The Special Activities Division typically carries out deniable covert operations on foreign soil and often goes into a situation before anyone else, before Special Forces, before the SEALs; SAD Ground Branch is the true tip of the spear. SAD Ground Branch operatives are mainly recruited from Army Special Forces or CAG units and are experts in field craft, surveillance, small arms, hostage rescue and Close Quarters Battle."

no Single Player at this time. Since there is only 4-7 them, and no writer to make a story. That's where their fans or Community comes in. After all, their business mantra is:

"Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community"

go check them out at

McShea is a dumb, worthless douche. Look what he wears to do a public video spot. If I was Goodrich I would have hit him and put him on his ass for developers everywhere.

McShea is a dumb, worthless douche. Look what he wears to do a public video spot. If I was Goodrich I would have hit him and put him on his ass for developers everywhere.

Yeah no ######. McShea is supposed to be a journalist, and he shows up to a interview looking like that? Definitely the epitome of unprofessionalism right there. Furthermore, it looks like McShea is jumping on the "Support the Troops" bandwagon simply to stir up controversy, garner a little I'm a champion persona if you will.

whatever the case, he's right. warfighter looks like another trivialization hollywood action depiction of combat.

I wonder how much goes to those organizations, five cents on the Dollar perhaps? You'd be better off just donating to them directly. However, following this massive charity scandal that extends from the SPCA, National Veterans Foundation and even the Disabled National Veterans Foundation, I'd be wary of giving any money to any organization outside of the Red Cross.

I'm not just saying this because I'm bitter: I honestly cannot tell the difference between all of these big shooters. If you showed me footage of MW3, MoH, BF3 and any other game from that genre, and cut them all together in a montage, I would just assume it was a trailer for a single game.

looks to me they're overly abusing the Bloom and HDR crap just like Battlefield3...

ironic that the trailer mentions "looks better then BF3" because BF3 while a graphical testament to their engine looks like ###### because of the Artistic choices and a distinct lack of PC options to disable the abused ######.

sure it looks good from a "observer" standpoint but trying to play as a camera with a gun is ###### when our eye's filter out all that crap in reality.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try in single player. Might even be fun, if it allows your own playing style to make the game, it can even feel 'realistic'. In multiplayer it's everyone else that makes the game and that video shows exactly what you can expect to see. The game is programmed to encourage that game style that just makes me want to throw my eyes in a blender...

I spot myself an Aussie "SASR" soldier...with a Steyr LOL. The SASR guys haven't used Steyr's since pre 1999 at least. And the cammo pattern most ABCA SOF guys use these days is the same as well....NZ/CANSOF/Aussie/Brit/US SOF guys are all basically going down range wearing similar gear and carrying similar small arms etc.

I'm not just saying this because I'm bitter: I honestly cannot tell the difference between all of these big shooters. If you showed me footage of MW3, MoH, BF3 and any other game from that genre, and cut them all together in a montage, I would just assume it was a trailer for a single game.

You don't think that as soon as you saw a tank/helicopter/bmp/jeep/lav/maps that would encompass the entire call of duty series that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and call of duty? That's being a little dramatic.

You don't think that as soon as you saw a tank/helicopter/bmp/jeep/lav/maps that would encompass the entire call of duty series that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and call of duty? That's being a little dramatic.

Not really and I agree with him. If you showed someone who is not all that familiar with those games, cut and pasted a bunch of footage from each of them, you think they could tell that it came from multiple games?

Cut all that high action MP explosive gameplay together and it all runs together. Could I tell part was BF because I saw a specific style of tank? Sure, but that isn't the point. It isn't about specific models. Put tat tank in the latest COD and it's all the same. It didn't used to be that way, but that's how the current crop are.

Nope. Call of Duty has some of those same things in it's single player spots. Even the maps, which are filled with tons of choke points or high action areas with little to nothing on the outskirts, are usually in similar layouts.