Psychomorph

Dishonored

114 posts in this topic

Looks like Thief meets Hitman with a little Bioshock twist. I'm officially interested. Thanks for sharing Psychomorph.

Arkane studios are known to make interesting games and I also highlight that some folks over the Arkane studios are ex Looking Glass Studios employees who worked on the original Thief games. They have the right people, now the market only has to let them put their talents to good use.

What I rather dislike is the obvious console-esque 1st person, the way the weapons are placed and such things. They should at least allow us to change the field of view, to "unconsole" the game for PC players. I will make sure this happens (through forum terror).

well, the visual style is abject crap. if a game is unrealistic, it should at least have interesting character models, but nope. a bunch of poorly designed cartoon characters isn't gonna do it at all, i'm afraid.

well, the visual style is abject crap. if a game is unrealistic, it should at least have interesting character models, but nope. a bunch of poorly designed cartoon characters isn't gonna do it at all, i'm afraid.

Some people don't mind video games looking like video games. :)

And some people are clearly off their happy meds this week.

Fortunately I'm on my patience meds, but I'm almost out.

I just think this game is going to be mind blowing. Watching more videos of these two just discussing the game is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It mostly hit home when the one guy was talking about how he wants to have a lot of emotional attachment to the characters in the world and how people would talk to him about not knowing that they could save Paul Denton.

I'm sorry.

Wha, wha, whaaaaaaaat?! You worked on the original Deus Ex? You, sir, have my money already.

And some people are clearly off their happy meds this week.

Fortunately I'm on my patience meds, but I'm almost out.

Ha ha I was waiting for Your comment :thumbsup:

Its a CG trailer did you really expect any less? As cool as the setting looks, Ill hold any sort of real praise till actual gameplay footage comes out.

I HATE cgi promos.

I'm not buying a movie. I'm buying a game, Show me the ACTUAL image I'll see when I'm playing the game.

I wouldn't call that gameplay, but at least it's ingame footage. By the way that's quite a violent trailer for a game which you can supposedly complete without killing anyone. smile.png

I love about everything about this game. I can really see the Thief influence (usable object highlighting, pickpocket).

Things I dislike is how shafts seem to be separate environments, you can not look in or out of it, you move into a black entry/exit point and fade in or out of it. The HUD is a bit to large and colorful, UI is nice.

I stated my concearns regarding the field of view several times, their latest respond was this:

Dishonored has extensive PC settings. The team at Arkane has put extensive time into this (PC-specific UI with customizable shortcuts, customizable FOV, a whole bunch of UI elements that can be toggled on/off.)

Even with the console releases, we think you'll be impressed by the # of settings you can adjust.

There is hope for me.