jwp1223

Man's Best Friends

So I don't know how many of you all have dogs, but I do. I grew up with dogs. I had two Labradors growing up as a young boy into my teen years, after which we had to put them down, and then three years ago come Sept, I brought home my current chocolate Labradore furball, and he's been my life sense. I don't have kids, but I do have him, and I try to spend as much time as possible as I can with him (hence why I am usually homes on Friday even though I don't work on Friday nights).

Then I read this...and it was quite touching.

‎10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You.... (This made me cry)

1. My life is likely t...o last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.

4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.

5. You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.

7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.

8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.

9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate,or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.

10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.

Remember that I love you.

So...I figured I would introduce you to my pup, Kodi, short for Kodiak (as in Kodiak Bear).

206917_10150541699960580_699785579_17913530_4642616_n.jpg

180443_10150412147915580_699785579_17280286_5946164_n.jpg

162812_10150369886225580_699785579_16609122_8213802_n.jpg

39445_10150357982945580_699785579_16342413_7420147_n.jpg

163124_10150357980190580_699785579_16342389_3022173_n.jpg

So...share your dogs if you have one! Hell share any pets that you have! The more the merrier!

I a cat guy myself. Wait, does that affect my man status?

EDIT- If that is the case I hate cats and love dogs. :whistle:

Edited by DetCord

I a cat guy myself. Wait, does that affect my man status?

EDIT- If that is the case I hate cats and love dogs. :whistle:

Led has already had to turn in his man card. Do you?

I prefer cats honestly. They're independent, they take care of themselves, and typically only bond with those they choose. My last vacation to Afghanistan I adopted a kitten that was on the COP and took it everywhere, even on patrol. I even brought it back with me.

Say hello to Mohammed!

IMAG0203.jpg

I guess Led's suspension ran out.

But since dogs are slobbering and submissive while cats independent and evil your pet preferences does not affect your man card (unless you own a poodle).

That doesn't change the fact that cats are way cooler than dogs.

Edit: Josh, I'm quite sure there already is a pet thread here and that you've already posted in it.

I guess Led's suspension ran out.

But since dogs are slobbering and submissive while cats independent and evil your pet preferences does not affect your man card (unless you own a poodle).

That doesn't change the fact that cats are way cooler than dogs.

Edit: Josh, I'm quite sure there already is a pet thread here and that you've already posted in it.

Way wrong answer!!!!

And you are probably right on the pet thread....I just don't know how to search anymore.

Dogs > cats, any day.

Cats are simply okay, they can be pretty funny but that's about it for me.

A dog has more genuine interactions with their humans, cats just seem to tolerate you for getting food haha. My cat would never do anything for me.

However, when I was a baby we had a Dutch Shepard, a lady called Norma. My father and mother once wanted to test her and see what she would do. That dog loved me beyond anything else, and she was always around me.

So one time while taking a walk, my mother wanted to take a left at an intersection, and my father holding Norma's leash, tried to go to the right. He couldn't do it. She kept pulling and pulling and pulling untill finally she started dragging my father back into my direction. She couldnt bear the thought of having to leave me undefended.

Unfortunately she isn't around anymore. I was still young then, I think she got cancer. She was very sick and had a lot of pain, her days became a misery so we had to let her go.

When my parents told me I cried all day and went to bed, and never came out of there because I couldnt bear the thought of her dying. She got a painless injection and we petted her to sleep, never to wake up again... I loved her.

Later on we felt the house was too empty, so we got another dog called Rakker, but unfortunely he died too. He was a Scottish Collie, and he didnt live to become old.

When playing fetch he went after the stick someone threw, but the stick ended up in a diagonal direction, not unlike the stakes put in the ground to stop a cavalry charge.

He wanted to grab it, but ended up impaling himself on the stick through his mouth. It ended up going through his throat and stopping just short of his heart...

He didnt die then and there, but he was in a lot of pain. I barely managed to get him home, and we went to the vet. He had to stay there and he fought for his life for nearly a week before they had to let him go.

I remember getting back into the car after another visit to the vet after he told us he had to be put to sleep. We all broke down and cried.

Right now we have another Scottish Collie called Grando. We got him through an institution that tries to find new owners for pets of other people who don't want them anymore for whatever reason. And thankfully he is still alive, but he's around 14 to 15 by now. He's showing alot of signs of elderdom.

He's still a very happy dog though he sleeps a lot, and he's kind of losing control of his bladder. We have to let him out of the house every now and then otherwise we can clean up another puddle somewhere in the house :P

Dogs are awesome. They might not be as independant as cats, but that's only a bonus for me. Dogs need us as much as we need them, it's a true bond of friendship and love.

This is me and Grando:

427546_401404469885260_100000471316486_1639451_1586626558_n.jpg

He loves to hug :)

Dogs > cats, any day.

Cats are simply okay, they can be pretty funny but that's about it for me.

A dog has more genuine interactions with their humans, cats just seem to tolerate you for getting food haha. My cat would never do anything for me.

However, when I was a baby we had a Dutch Shepard, a lady called Norma. My father and mother once wanted to test her and see what she would do. That dog loved me beyond anything else, and she was always around me.

So one time while taking a walk, my mother wanted to take a left at an intersection, and my father holding Norma's leash, tried to go to the right. He couldn't do it. She kept pulling and pulling and pulling untill finally she started dragging my father back into my direction. She couldnt bear the thought of having to leave me undefended.

Unfortunately she isn't around anymore. I was still young then, I think she got cancer. She was very sick and had a lot of pain, her days became a misery so we had to let her go.

When my parents told me I cried all day and went to bed, and never came out of there because I couldnt bear the thought of her dying. She got a painless injection and we petted her to sleep, never to wake up again... I loved her.

Later on we felt the house was too empty, so we got another dog called Rakker, but unfortunely he died too. He was a Scottish Collie, and he didnt live to become old.

When playing fetch he went after the stick someone threw, but the stick ended up in a diagonal direction, not unlike the stakes put in the ground to stop a cavalry charge.

He wanted to grab it, but ended up impaling himself on the stick through his mouth. It ended up going through his throat and stopping just short of his heart...

He didnt die then and there, but he was in a lot of pain. I barely managed to get him home, and we went to the vet. He had to stay there and he fought for his life for nearly a week before they had to let him go.

I remember getting back into the car after another visit to the vet after he told us he had to be put to sleep. We all broke down and cried.

Right now we have another Scottish Collie called Grando. We got him through an institution that tries to find new owners for pets of other people who don't want them anymore for whatever reason. And thankfully he is still alive, but he's around 14 to 15 by now. He's showing alot of signs of elderdom.

He's still a very happy dog though he sleeps a lot, and he's kind of losing control of his bladder. We have to let him out of the house every now and then otherwise we can clean up another puddle somewhere in the house :P

Dogs are awesome. They might not be as independant as cats, but that's only a bonus for me. Dogs need us as much as we need them, it's a true bond of friendship and love.

This is me and Grando:

427546_401404469885260_100000471316486_1639451_1586626558_n.jpg

He loves to hug :)

This all day =) My Kodi loves hugs too. he's definitely a hugger. There are some cats that are cool, but I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't show you love as soon as they met you.

got mine back dyres9.gif

LOL! Nice Led. I knew when I saw the title Man's Best Friends there had to be boobs in here somewhere.

My sister lives in Texas where they breed half wolves/domestic dogs. Just had a litter of puppies....

pups.jpg

LOL! Nice Led. I knew when I saw the title Man's Best Friends there had to be boobs in here somewhere.

I never noticed the plural, or they would've been the first thing on my mind. :thumbsup:

cosmo.jpg

This is Captain Cosmo. Norwegian forest cat. He generously permits my girlfriend and I to live in his house. Like any good cat he can occupy an entire sofa by himself, and can hear a box of Tuna being opened from across the neighborhood.

His pedigree includes a random stray cat that wanders around a small island outside Tromsø. Lets jus say the cold doesn't trouble him here in sunny Oslo.

Captain Cosmo further informs me that our official stance on Dogs are: "They are smelly and shouldn't be let inside the house"

That is all.

- Ken