zoog

New forum/website feedback

67 posts in this topic

Topic for feedback/bugs on new BFS website and forum skin.

First off, nice new skin! Good job NYR smile.png

Suggestion: it would be nice if the menu on the frontpage is replaced by the menu from the forums (home, news, projects etc.). So that you have one style while navigating from forum to website etc.

They are the same. You might be loading a cached copy of the old nav. If you manually refresh the page it should load the new one, or else clear your browser's cache.

Nice job NYR_32, looks nice and clean on my iPod Touch too

Let's just hope it doesn't get blocked at some hotspots (under gaming & social media, ie Facebook)

iPad2 works fine, but no more list of ppl currently online

Nvrmnd it's there, must be a cache thing

It's not the end of April 16 EST (GMT+5) so we have almost fourteen hours left to muck about. A drunk elf in ever-huRRKKK

They are the same. You might be loading a cached copy of the old nav. If you manually refresh the page it should load the new one, or else clear your browser's cache.

Clearing my cache fixed it. Looking good smile.png Great new colors as well.

Wonderful job with the new site and forum looks! Can't wait for the GB page to come up and the chance to throw my monies at the KS campaign :)

Most importantly, it is a MUCH newer and more secure version of the forum software.

It seems to be relative width which depends on your screen size. Personally I also prefer a fixed width at about 1000px wide. But this is just a decision one has to make I guess :) Everybody has a different preference probably.

For the announcement stuff like your website / forum announcement might want to see if there is any sort of way to make it more visible or catch the readers eye. Truthfully I only noticed it now as had apparently passed over it before.

The mobile forums are working like a charm. I tried them out on my android. Now if we can get TapaTalk to work, we'll be good to go :).

I like the new looks of both the forums and the new Ground Branch page, but found a couple of spelling errors. First is on the Introduction page in this sentence:

"We are not taking the moral high ground but players will sense the impact of thier actions."

It should be their.

I can't remember where I saw the other one, but if I can find it will post back in this thread.

Copy and paste to Google Word or MS Word, should cut time in half

@NYR_32, request, can you add ppl celebrating their bday at the bottom... not tootting my own horn, but it keeps us personal that way

Thanks

Err question...is there a way I can download the Ground Branch theme? For my listening pleasure while in car?

Err question...is there a way I can download the Ground Branch theme? For my listening pleasure while in car?

there is an Add-On for FireFox, but not sure about copyrights... it was discussed before, specially when I made an attempt to make my own Ground Branch Fan Movie.

let's see what JohnS or Admin say, then I'll share what FF Add-on will allow you to copy it.