screenshot00007b.jpg

screenshot00006l.jpg

screenshot00005uv.jpg

screenshot00004q.jpg

screenshot00003h.jpg

screenshot00002s.jpg

Sorry for the low-res Jpeg's. They really mess up the colours

Witzbold   

Man something is wrong with my monitor, since like the pics are so dark cant see anything. If I turn up the brightness anymore will fry this POS I think... :/ Its not the pics, since when the image is loading, the brightness / visibility on the image returns to a visible level for a second before the image becomes fully loaded. Same thing happened with that pic you posted of yourself and 1 other inside of a building with a blue door looking out Det.

Glad to another member working on modding for GB! welcome.gif

BTH   

All images are taken in UDK. It might not look like UDK because I am using dynamic lighting exclusively (for now).

The map is set in Greece, all meshes and textures are custom made (except for the sky and the sea). There are hundreds of objects which will move if they are shot at, breaking glass, mobile window frames, countless details. I'd say it's about 50% done by now and it has several areas which can be aproached from different directions. What is already done is a pretty long beach, a construction site with 8 half built buildings, an old town with 20 houses (17 of which are fully accessible), an orthodox church, and a stream dividing the map in half (and of course 4 different bridges).

Witzbold   

Very cool stuff BTH do hope you continue the great work. This is exactly the type of map design I dig. Plus awesome that there a bunch of accessible houses.

Witzbold   

I know Im gonna get into a world of trouble for this one, but JWP you could always use this timeless internet classic .gif as a sign of approval.

daffy-fap.gif

(Hes rolling dice for those who are thinking thoughts that would make Baby Jesus cry)

---

Question that frame of the partially constructed multi-story building on the cliff will we be able to enter that one? Or is it just part of the scenery?

BTH   

I really like the layout. Is it a real location in Greece?

It's not a real location. It's inspired by most seaside towns in the Mediterranean. Relatively new buildings were built in the town walls of what had been a medieval town. You see those all around the Mediterranean Sea, like Spain, Italy, Greece, even the north of Africa. Overall they look like fortresses. I thought it would make a good map.

I know Im gonna get into a world of trouble for this one, but JWP you could always use this timeless internet classic .gif as a sign of approval.

daffy-fap.gif

(Hes rolling dice for those who are thinking thoughts that would make Baby Jesus cry)

---

Question that frame of the partially constructed multi-story building on the cliff will we be able to enter that one? Or is it just part of the scenery?

I agree. (Rolls dice)

The 10 storey building is fenced off so i'ts not playable. I thought it would be too repetitive, every floor is exactly the same. Every other partially constructed building is fully accessible, though.

DetCord   

It's not a real location. It's inspired by most seaside towns in the Mediterranean. Relatively new buildings were built in the town walls of what had been a medieval town. You see those all around the Mediterranean Sea, like Spain, Italy, Greece, even the north of Africa. Overall they look like fortresses. I thought it would make a good map.

I spent a lot of time in the Med when I was active duty Marine Corps, including Palma. Looking forward to more screen shots when you have time. Just a heads up though, we already have a combined WIP topic, you probably should've use that one. Either way, keep up the good work! Let me know if you intend on sharing assets as I have no intention of making my own (other then SpeedTrees) at this point.

As far as the map goes, it sounds very promising! I wouldnt mind some more colour though, from a Greek island I would expect something more vibrant in terms of colour.

Ofcourse a gloomy map from time to time is nice too, but by now it's become quite the videogame trope that realism = brown tongue.png

I wouldnt mind the walls becoming a bit more white and the rooftiles a bit more orangeish, for example, to break up the colour pattern a bit here and there.

BTH   

Never mind about the walls, there will be plenty of colours for the buildings, and future modders who want to put those houses into their maps will easily choose any colour for the inner and outer walls. For production, I am just working with brown and grey until I get the whole layout done. I hadnt thought about the rooftiles since they already have some shaders to break up the tiling. I'll look into that when all the houses have been placed.

And give the map a working title so we don't have 50 threads all sayin 'My WIP' smile.png

You are right there. If the moderators have access to changing the topic's name, it would be nice to rename it to something like "Greek Map (WIP)", it would be much appreciated.

You are right there. If the moderators have access to changing the topic's name, it would be nice to rename it to something like "Greek Map (WIP)", it would be much appreciated.

:thumbsup: - done

Whay are all the pics so dark? I can see that time of day must be near mid day as the shadows angles are indicating this.

Looks good from what I can see. I use a calibrated monitor too (via Datacolor Spyder3Elite).