V2_Bloodline

The Armory

292 posts in this topic

For anything related to GB's arsenal of weapons.

Overall I'm already pretty happy with the selection of weapons that is currently offered, as well as the WIP UI for editing them (can't expect "Gunsmith 2.0" at this stage can I). May I suggest the selection of the type of the main weapon (carbine/shotgun/sniper/etc) also be made into a drop-down menu? tongue.png

I'm kind of surprised to see Mk.16 in the selection. Not sure why.

And I think you should also show off the nades. Snow's models were excellent and that was AGES ago!

FN SCAR was really hot stuff when this list was first conceived. Today I guess '416s and Mk18s are all the rage.

-k

There aren't many photos of these guys around. However, from the majority I've seen, they tend to utilize weapons that are indigenous to the region along with a variety of other western arms.

CIASAD.jpg

2407862963_8b0ccaf841_o.jpg

Those guys are as likely to be from a Special Forces unit as they are to be from an Intelligence Agency or a Private Securyty Company.

From what i've seen with my own eyes, you could expect just anything from those three groups. Any kind of equipment and outfits. Also, some may avoid any touchy questions, and others won't even hide they're CIA.

They're pretty nice people to talk to as well.

I definitely hope there's a Browning High Power pistol in Ground Branch; it's a highly regarded and widely used pistol even today, plus several countries in the region where GB was originally set still use it, or clones of it, including the Australian Defence Force and the Indonesian military.

As for rifles, perhaps the Pindad SS2V1, used by the Indonesian military?

There will be more weapons than are currently listed, but we are also not going to be making a bunch either. My plan is to let the modders do that then release a community weapons pack or something with the best ones.

Isnt the Browning a pistol more used within the Commonwealth Nations?

John in regards to the user made weaponry and such, how will balancing be done with those?

Those guys are as likely to be from a Special Forces unit as they are to be from an Intelligence Agency or a Private Securyty Company.

From what i've seen with my own eyes, you could expect just anything from those three groups. Any kind of equipment and outfits. Also, some may avoid any touchy questions, and others won't even hide they're CIA.

They're pretty nice people to talk to as well.

Those photos are from the book - Inside the Special Activities Division, written by a former GB operator.

John in regards to the user made weaponry and such, how will balancing be done with those?

???? We don't balance weapons, remember. norg1.gif

Those photos are from the book - Inside the Special Activities Division, written by a former GB operator.

I guessed the guys in the photographs would in fact be GB. I just wanted to point out that the outfit and equipment corresponds those three kinds. It's not all high tech and glitter in Special Operations and I think your point about weapons [and equipment] indigenous to the region should be portrayed in the game.

Speaking about the book, does it mention the expression "Ground Branch". It might have come across before in the forums, but, when we say Ground Branch, are we refering to SAD's specifically, any symilar Divisions in the CIA, or just any CIA Field Operator? I really don't know what kind of Unit any of the guys I met belonged to, and I hadn't heard about SAD's by that time. Being a follower of the BFS website and forums, I really found it amusing to find out they were all former members of SF units in english speaking countries.

Amazon isn't yielding any results for this title, would you confirm please?

Amazon isn't yielding any results for this title, would you confirm please?

Apologies, that was the wrong book (was thinking about Inside the CIA). Here is the reference. The photos were taken by other CIA Field Operatives and can be found on the CIA UNCLASS website as well.

http://cia.americanspecialops.com/

Isnt the Browning a pistol more used within the Commonwealth Nations?

let me just say, that after modeling a weapon for hours I don't think most modders are going to make the weapon unrealistically overpowered. If anything I would (if possible) look at the values of the other weapons in GB with the same caliber and likewise match it up and set the rate of fire to its real world equivalent...

if someone wants to download an overpowered gun for SP that is another story, but for multiplayer people running the server wont download and install mods that are Unjustly Overpowered as it ruins the game and will ultimately empty their server unless they have something in mind for it...

In Rogue Spear and Urban Ops my clan did something quite different, we had BB gun wars with heavy armor on sometimes taking 30 rounds to kill someone with a BB gun holding 9 rounds was a blast...

Even then we removed all guns and had flashbang wars, or grenade wars in killhouse. They were a great break from the normal gun action and quite hilarious to block a door way till the last second with the other guy trying to run past you till the grenade went off...

that sounds like the exact opposite of fun.

i wouldn't want a break from the normal play, there's an endless variety of cod clones out there for that.

well, maybe you're just a stick in the mud then.

Being on Roger Wilco with 8+ people back in early 2000 was a blast playing a few rounds of BB gun wars instead of the all the time serious 1 shot kills of normal Rainbow six or COD's "TWITCH AIMING" it wasn't about who could aim the fastest but who could place more shots on soft spots trying to avoid all the armor while having retnock on nocking your aim off every time...

With grenade wars it was about placement of grenades and making sure you didn't allow them to escape the blast radius and making sure you didn't trap or get trapped yourself in the process... Picture a modern day equivlent Bomber Man Via First Person...

overall it was an extremely fun distraction that the game allowed with a minor Gun mod thanks to on the fly adjustable kit restrictions.

There was even times we'd use a single shot 50.BMG pistol for a round.

You can act like you wouldn't enjoy it but truth be told you probably would, It didn't effect the game in the long run and it sure as hell didn't damn the game to the Action shooter that UBI turned the series into.

You can act like you wouldn't enjoy it but truth be told you probably would, It didn't effect the game in the long run and it sure as hell didn't damn the game to the Action shooter that UBI turned the series into.

Very much so! It's like the opposite end of the spectrum where BF3 and COD players try to play "tactically" instead of running around throwing nades. I've never done the BB gun thing, but back in the MechWarrior days I was a member of the Light Brigade, a joke group who piloted nothing but light mechs (with the Chimera grandfathered in due to it's overall uselessness). Having a team of Fleas armed with machine guns taking out objectives while the Atlas and Daishi pilots tried to hit us made for a hilarious time. Cruising around at 150kph while running circles around a 100 ton death machine that could barely top 60kph on a good day was extremely fun when done with a group. I wouldn't do it all the time, but it was a nice change of pace from the more serious RP elements of dealing with the Clans and their Batchalls.

It reminds me of the days of golden eye where we would have throwing knife and slap fights. Hilarious stuff!

Are these maps going to be large??? if so, maybe the m240b for heavy machinegunners. It wouldn't make since to have the Barrett 50. if you guys didn't have some large maps in mind :)

A Barrett would make sense if you have to take out a hard target like a truck or someone or something inside a building.

A Barrett would make sense if you have to take out a hard target like a truck or someone or something inside a building.

Yeah, but I would say the m109 is more useful for vehicles... those fire explosive bullets. But there are some kind of rounds that would be used on the standard Barrett. These guys probably know their stuff though, and from the preview there seems to be some pretty nice vehicles coming into play...

Edited by MrFibbles

From memory I even made the M107's big brother the XM-109, now that would put a dent in vehicles and cover for sure. Not sure if it's still in though or it's been culled from the list.

One thing I don't really understand is why they picked to model a 1911 with a wrap-around grip with finger grooves... I'd much rather one without a wrap-around grip (to keep the grip as narrow as possible) with checkering on the front strap. And even with a wrap-around grip, definitely one without finger grooves... That's just me though, don't like the gun telling me where to put my fingers... Other than that, pretty grounded list of weapons so far. Too bad there's no way to make the FN FAL a believable weapon in the Armory of a CIA group, lol, that's my favorite rifle at the moment. :-)

Edit: Also, I would think an operator would use an 8-round magazine with the 1911 instead of the standard 7 round mags...

Edited by Demon_Mustang