Sign in to follow this  
DeltaFOX 209

Camouflage Choices

Looking at the teaser and seeing the ability to choose camouflage depending on terrain and preference intrigues me. Wondering if there will be more choices? ACU was never too appealing lol. Maybe some MarPat, Multicam or A-Tacs?

Looking at the teaser and seeing the ability to choose camouflage depending on terrain and preference intrigues me. Wondering if there will be more choices? ACU was never too appealing lol. Maybe some MarPat, Multicam or A-Tacs?

Considering I wear this uniform on a daily basis (ACU) I couldn't agree more. It only works at certain times of the day, very specific locations - i.e. a Iraqi trash heap at 7:46PM when the sun is at a certain apogee seems to suit it well, and it doesn't blend/conceal a ######' thing. It's absolute garbage and was simply adopted because the Corps had a digital pattern at the time (I miss my MARPAT). MC is a excellent pattern that seems to work well in almost any environment. I love it. UCP would also be a good choice as would the current patterns in use by the various branches.

Edited by DetCord

Also in Multiplayer? What's the idea on identifying friend or foe? The regular difference in team color/fatiques or some other noticeable difference (like types of weapons/clothing etc)?

ACU will blend into gravel and Hesco's and that's pretty much it (seems like they had FOBs in mind). 99% of the US Army I have met complain about it.

I still haven't seen any field operative from any country wearing a uniform in real life, though the military who backed them up sometimes, (rarely) wore them. Anyway, multiplayer without uniforms could be total chaos.

The current plan is to have players pick uniform cammo and save in profiles. They will select the profile to use before a match. If the match is a PvP or co-op type then the chosen uniform is used. If it's a TvT type then the server assigns the uniform that will be used by each team. We will provide a defaults for each map as well. This keeps it consistent between teams and is the way it was done back in the day with R6/GR. Your gear choices will not be effected... just the uniform/camo.

The current plan is to have players pick uniform cammo and save in profiles. They will select the profile to use before a match. If the match is a PvP or co-op type then the chosen uniform is used. If it's a TvT type then the server assigns the uniform that will be used by each team. We will provide a defaults for each map as well. This keeps it consistent between teams and is the way it was done back in the day with R6/GR. Your gear choices will not be effected... just the uniform/camo.

Is that system also going to include chest-rig configurations and the like?

On 5/18/2012 at 10:47 PM, IsItSickoRwHaT said:

mustache and beard?

Tom Selleck's 'tasche would be great, LOL! Beards would be great too for a middle-eastern setting, but around Sumatra, not really.

Also a mustache or a beard (or lack of either) won't conceal as effectively as a face paint would. Allow me to illustrate:

e6elck.jpg

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing games offering face camos that look like they were designed to make the face "stick out like a sore thumb", which defeats the whole purpose of camouflage.

Beards ARE great for breaking up face contour though, and as such could be interesting side effect as camouflage* tongue.png

*read: it would please me immensely as a huge beard fan to be able to have a beard ingame tongue.png

Edited by SiC-Disaster

Tom Selleck's 'tasche would be great, LOL! Beards would be great too for a middle-eastern setting, but around Sumatra, not really.

Also a mustache or a beard (or lack of either) won't conceal as effectively as a face paint would. Allow me to illustrate:

e6elck.jpg

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing games offering face camos that look like they were designed to make the face "stick out like a sore thumb", which defeats the whole purpose of camouflage.

An interesting video. Jump to 7:12 for the relevant segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFvW9oD0ho&t=433

those games are called modern warfare. realism was never their purpose.

Cowboy & HF might know each other, so in respect, I wouldn't touch his beard.

Since the modding is endless, we might have that option.

welcome aboard kilo_bravo

Considering the HUD in this game is pretty limited and there's no name tags, radars and all of that BS, a decent camouflage pattern might help a player go unnoticed or atleast avoid that speedy scan and engage his enemy first. I'd really like to see some ghillies (head pieces or full suits) and some decent camo work, it might just change up the gameplay and make it way more realistic.

PS: I gotta say, I love my ACU/UCP, although I use it exclusively for arid and urban terrains (airsoft). It seems to work pretty well

Was wondering if we'd be able to ghillie up the M24 as well so that it wouldn't defeat the whole purpose of wearing the ghillie suit.

17404270vc7r.jpg

shaman_ghillie_lowr.jpg

In OGR I think the M24s were ghillied, although some mods made it more effective, for example this one: http://www.ghostreco...tutorial-06.htm

More pics:

arma2weapons_snip_m24camo.jpg

p1030808jw2r.jpg

ghillieriflewrappatterns.gif

@KK: Next time you're in an urban environment, try wearing one of these: http://peskyhumans.b...camouflage.html