jwp1223

Afghans Try to Throw Grenades....

8 posts in this topic

They're utterly worthless.

My last deployment out, my platoon was assigned to a mentor program, it essentially us training Afghan forces. The group we had were always high as kites on hash and opium, that pretty much goes for all of the ANA and ANP personnel. One of the ANA soldiers was so stoned when shot himself on full-auto in the chest. His buddies kept smoking dope and picked him clean of his gear. Boots, socks, chow, jewelry, and left him there to die, they didn't even render medical attention and were very nonchalant about the whole thing.

They make the Iraqi Army look like Special Forces.

Its the usual Insha'Allah attitude in the wrong places isnt it.

Really do hope for those who want to do things right, their attitude will eventually spread to those under them. Since they are out there and trying. Its just getting the rest of the majority into the same boat now.

These guys have nothing else to do, no job, no nothing. So they enlist (or are they forced?).

@DetCord:

That's hilarious... if it wasn't kind of shocking it would be that is.

Short answer.

Money talks in TWCs. Military service pays, so people decide to join up.

Downside is the "bad guys" dont like that and usually have a good ol time blowing / shooting up said enlistees and/or their families / friends.

We had to work with both ANA and ANP here in country, with mixed results. Some don't care at all and will shoot you literally in the back as soon as you turn your back and others that go out of their way to pick a fight with the Taliban. Overall its more screwed up than a bag of dick sandwiches, I don't trust any of them period.

I've had like 10 to 15 ANA vehicles crashing onto each other to pick some cover and block the way for us so we had to fight in the open. When that happens in a game like ARMA, first thing you think is tha AI is too stupid and "That would NEVER happen in real life".

Also seen an ANP 'policeman' accidentally fire his GP-25 upwards and the grenade landed 3 - 4 metres from a friendly vehicle. Another so called 'policeman' got horny when I peed from my vehicle's turret and bit his buddy in the neck while rubbing his batton all over his butt.

But then it all made sense when another of these "policemen" got shot straight through the head. After 8 days in hospital he was ok to go. And I'm not making this ###t up....