Sign in to follow this  
zoog

Text format is included when copy/pasting :(

zoog   

The new version of IP.Board seems to keep the text format markup code when copy/pasting something. For example when you copy a piece of text from a thread and paste it in the reply box you get some kind of grey markup. I had other markup errors as well. Right now I just copy/paste anything in notepad, and then copy/paste it in the reply box, so it is unformatted.

Also once you have a post with a YT video or image for example, and you edit it, you will get the actual embedded picture/video in the text editor. It's not possible, as far as I can see, to actually get into the code and change something (in the url for example). You have to delete the whole picture and add a different URL.

Not sure of this can be turned off on a per user basis? Personally I'm really disliking these features on all IP.Board forums. Although I like that it recognizes bolded text from different sources. But for me it does more harm then good.

Aldous   

Top left corner of the text input box is a button that looks like a switch. Play with it, and let us know if that at least partially solves one (or more?) issues. This is a per-user setting. I really hope it helps.

zoog   

Thanks!!

Turns out that if you switch to the different editing mode, and then paste your text, it ignores the formatting. I think this will fix the issue. Thanks Aldous! :)

Aldous   

It was as I was starting my "not giving up, just stopping for now" that I, utterly by accident, found that toggle.