TaskForceGreen

TFG Chatter..MERGED

64 posts in this topic

I'm an MOH and BF3 player.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get some exposure in those circles. I feel like MOH and Ground Branch are going towards the same goal with two different means. MOH's authenticity elevates the player into the capabilities of the highest speed, lowest drag guys while Ground Branch puts the player him/herself directly there. Obviously MOH has the arcade elements as well but, big gaming means mass marketing.

I'm sure that the design team (if not the development team as well) would appreciate Ground Branch and what it's trying to do, and the games are different enough that I don't think that it would be against their best interest to cross-tweet/post/like BFS or GB. And if the OP refers to Mr. Goodrich (I refer to him as "mister" now after eloquently handling that interview with McShea from Gamespot with composure) then I feel like he'd be pretty interested in Ground Branch, if only enough to appreciate the goals and objectives.

Then reach out to those communities if possible. :)

Then reach out to those communities if possible. smile.png

thats what the discussion is....

I know its kinda going in circles every once in a while, but its still a worthwhile topic. Why not go other routes than JUST kickstart only?

And btw, about my earlier OP, I have already sent two emails (one w/ a vid and other explaining GB) to the EA/LA person we are taking about here. Its not gonna make any magic happen obviously...I actually PMd an Admin and even the head dev of GB and the reply was mostly a kinda "well that sounds great, but there is NO SHORTCUT for GB, regardless if you send info to others in the industry" type of response...

Which, in reality, makes total sense. If, lets say, a head producer at Danger Close gets back to me and says "yeah! that game looks really neat for an indy shooter! yadda yadda yadda!!", what does that really do?????? Not much, i've realized. Still, it hasn't lessened my enthusiasm for GB in any way cuz, as of now, BF3 is the only game i can even stomach....in fact, I could bring you guys about ten different OIF/OEF vets who are gamers to this very forum and they would wholeheartedly agree with me. They would say BF3 is the only game worth a crap (and MOH's SP was good, but only because they and i respect it's true storyline of the sacrifices their brothers made on Takur Ghar etc).

This, actually, brings up another important point. Making this game accessible to a few vet gamers first may be a good idea to see what they think! Just a thought...

anyone agree?

in fact, I could bring you guys about ten different OIF/OEF vets who are gamers to this very forum and they would wholeheartedly agree with me. They would say BF3 is the only game worth a crap (and MOH's SP was good, but only because they and i respect it's true storyline of the sacrifices their brothers made on Takur Ghar etc).

There is a whole gaggle ###### of us already here with most of us either deployed or gearing up for deployment. That said, new bodies never hurt in the least.

This, actually, brings up another important point. Making this game accessible to a few vet gamers first may be a good idea to see what they think! Just a thought...

anyone agree?

Considering the fact that the primary advisers for GB are active and former SF/ODA personnel, I think they got it covered.

There is a whole gaggle ###### of us already here with most of us either deployed or gearing up for deployment. That said, new bodies never hurt in the least.

Considering the fact that the primary advisers for GB are active and former SF/ODA personnel, I think they got it covered.

This, this and more of this. If you watched the Kickstarter video the guy who starts talking about the Natural Order of Realistic Gameplay is Hatchetforce who is with SF. He is an avid gamer as well.

This, this and more of this. If you watched the Kickstarter video the guy who starts talking about the Natural Order of Realistic Gameplay is Hatchetforce who is with SF. He is an avid gamer as well.

Yeah, HF is a former Green Beret and instructor at the JFKSWCS at Ft. Bragg (now retired though). He has a few other buddies in on the project too. As a matter of fact, the pic of the guy in the black suite with the lit up ping pong balls is HF himself doing the motion capture.

No offense in any way here,but simply because a great operator-turned-dev from an ODA det was involved in the game DOES NOT mean that trying to get more feedback from our warfighters recently returning and getting into FPS gaming isn't worthwhile.

Its like saying "Oh well, I was in 7th group, so i know what most operators would want."....NOW HERE ME CAREFULLY, i am not dissing the service of those here who've made the downright INSANE amount of sacrifice to become an ODA member. I, myself, only work a lowly job doing PSD and DoD contract work on LEA operations in a SOTB capability. That is not nearly as "cool" as those guys, but i do however work with those who, you could say, are probably from "compartmented" units within USASOC and they have a very unique opinion on these games (and GB as well) not to mention they expect a lot from devs...

Just saying.....

This is not any cheapshot at those who've served in ODAs. I have friends who've done Dive ODA etc, and a longtime friend who is an 18X and he is an avid gamer. These guys all have done FID (with an obscene optempo) in the worst places on earth (where most ODAs from 10th group would crap their pants (j/k...just a fun jab at a friendly rivalry which i am sure our head devs here would understand) and they are very concerned at how the media is portraying their work.

Now Delta? Xe? Ranger "long hairs"/LRRP type elements, OGAs/SOG etc, I cannot speak of. I only know a few from that very quiet world and have only rubbed shoulders with them on a very VERY limited basis....hell, i would even venture to say they weren't even SMUs but just operators like myself who do it privately and just "look the part" and therefore i was confused into thinking that just because they had the 416, Dragonskin II, etc that they must be "Tier 1"....yeah, seriously. They are just too hard to tell apart (as its on purpose i'm sure). hell, they could've been just JTACs and I had no idea....

Anyways, back to my point....lets not say "Oh well TFGreen, these guys are former SF so they know what others would want in a game more than anyone, and they should/or/shouldn't allow others to test drive it from that same community". To deny that demographic would only hurt GB...

And i am sure ALL of our admin/devs here on Blackfoot would agree with me (i think?) that this is a smart idea...thats all. If not, then i'll shutup

So what you are trying to get at is not only to run GB through proper beta testing to make sure everything works as it should but also put it in the hands of some vets to make sure they approve of the whole concept and execution of it?

And in return here, no offence meant, but your coming across as very ranting and the continued name dropping isn't doing you any favours. Reel it back in a tad and more folks might just start listening more. :thumbsup:

TFG am going to be outright / no BS with you and ask this.

Just who are you trying to impress?

The reason why I ask this is take a step back and look at all of your own posts. Then think about this question again. Seriously currently as Snow had kindly mentioned, the current posting style is not doing you any favors credibility wise.

Its great that you like the project and want to help promote it and talk about ideas and such, but as Snow had mentioned right now that energy is just coming off totally wrong unfortunately.

It's been a long time since we had someone so desperately trying to make everyone say "oh dude, you are so cool!"

If not, then i'll shutup

All those in favor, say "aye".

We have 2 actively participating at the moment and 4 more available as needed. Some of their past assignments include:

• Former Captain and Team Commander, 7th Special Forces Group
  • Master Sergeant, 5th Special Forces Group
  • Sergeant First Class, 5th Special Forces Group
  • Master Sergeant, 3rd Special Forces Group
  • Former Pilot, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment Helicopter Pilot

I think Mono has read enough, TaskForceGreen

​This is probably a good time to not post a reply.

Yeh personally I've seen enough of TFGs rantings, sorry mate but there r loads of us here who understand what a serious tac shooter should look and feel like. Give it a rest already....

Well said, Johan, Witz, Zoog and Tom.

It's been a long time since we had someone so desperately trying to make everyone say "oh dude, you are so cool!"

TFG am going to be outright / no BS with you and ask this.

Just who are you trying to impress?

The reason why I ask this is take a step back and look at all of your own posts. Then think about this question again. Seriously currently as Snow had kindly mentioned, the current posting style is not doing you any favors credibility wise.

Its great that you like the project and want to help promote it and talk about ideas and such, but as Snow had mentioned right now that energy is just coming off totally wrong unfortunately.

As i said before, not trying to "impress anyone" (oh and i love how people pasted a photo of SFC Brendan O' Connor from ODA 765 as to somehow say "you are an imposter" lol...nice")

I said i would shut up, and ALSO said i would happily (as a layman to this industry and how it works) try not to "name drop" with what those i spoke of earlier. I only got quasi-specific to assist those just joining in the conversation as not to be rude AND to let those who've donated (while i have very little money doing what i do) that i would love to help in any way I can....

sorry if there is some level of teenage-level angst or hostility towards those comments. I wasn't trying to project any power nor was I trying to "impress" anyone (as i'll say again). Excuse my misstep if I caused anyone to get their bowels in an uproar over even the several VERY brief mentions...and yes, several as they were, again they were only in attempt to assist.....that is all.

Sorry for being somewhat of "johnny come lately" to anyone, or somehow sounding like i was trying to be something I'm not. I ASSURE YOU that what little i say about what i do, who i know, etc is true. I, unlike others, take much pride in knowing that I don't need to be dishonest and dishonor the community in order to accomplish something I'd like to see happen.

Oh, and most importantly...I have nothing to prove. I never claimed to be a war hero, or hardcore vet, or someone who's got all the hooks in the "industry"....just ONE acquaintance that I thought could help since I had friends who'd worked alongside said people...

Again, lol....sorry to get anyone upset (although i think its a bit premature since none of you know me or what ive tried to do w/ my life). Thanks for being at least quasi-respectful to me (that goes to most of you btw)

...............P.S

If i am not wanted, i understand completely. I may have walked in on a tightly knit group (which is something i comprehend completely as something that angers certain not-so-mature individuals) and said things they took entirely the wrong way.

I'm sure many of you have done MUCH more than I have. And i respect all of you for it. I simply did some private work and didn't sacrifice ANYTHING (except some family time and my safety on VERY few occasions lol). Doing what I do, you learn that its those who don't talk alot that are the ones to be taken the most seriously....so it wouldn't be the first time someone on some game forum thought they knew me or what kind of man i am. Its ok, and I forgive it. Again, it happens. I like to interact, socialize, and have fun with it. I can see that rubbed others the wrong way when I mentioned some people i knew that could possibly help...regardless of how much of a longshot it may have been.

Again, one last time, sorry to anyone who became offended. I have been confused for a "big talker" before until those who said such things actually saw what i'd done/who i was IRL.

Just remember, before you open your mouth to tell someone else they are opening theirs too much, you may want to check your thought process.... because you don't know who they are. I was raised to know this early on....And as you may have noticed, I extended this courtesy to ALL of those involved here.... Take care, brothers

Edited by TaskForceGreen

I recently opened a thread with the idea of maybe trying to reach out to people i knew that also work in the gamer world to SOMEHOW see if i could help in any way....

Now, below I am simply going to do my best to not beat around the bush or reiterate anything too many times....please be patient and read on to understand the issue here...

What I had said in a couple "how can i help" type threads has somehow inadvertently caused what seems to be some type of uproar among some other members and thats fine...I can only really give a sh** so much because, to be brutally honest, I don't care if they (or others) feel I "name dropped" or "tried too hard" etc etc. My last bit of my rationale explained below will be the end of it.....

its funny....I work so hard, wake up at 3am, work in not the most extravagant of places, do work most wouldn't want to do, and most of all, am contracted w/ a NDA agreement to boot so I can't explain myself in such situations....thats NOT to say "ooooh! look at me, i do hard stuff and am something special!!"

In fact, quite the ######ing opposite to be exact. I work a mostly boring PSD job where I am told where to be and rarely ever experience any REAL danger. But outside of that, my NDA precludes me from saying anything that may (or may NOT) earn anyone's respect here....which is fine. (and no, the NDA thing doesn't mean "ooooh! he's doing something special!!"....actually not really special whatsoever tbh)

But anways...

It should take A LOT to earn anyone's respect here. Especially being in company of these caliber of people.

If you wish to email me (TaskForceGreen@hotmail.com) to discuss anything further, I will happily do so.

I just wanted to make it VERY clear that if I am somehow no longer considered remotely important enough to contribute or to be included in any discussions involving GB or what can be done to help other than donations, I will not make a big fuss or be butt hurt about it....trust me...lol.

And last thing....

---->> Again, just remember what i always remember to remind myself.....You never know who you may be talking to and you never know what they may have done. I bring this personal social ethic to this forum, and was surprised that SOME people didn't....I sure hope they weren't a part of the actual SOF "community" because thats not what they train you to act like whatsoever...and if you are in said community, you know what i mean...

So.....No more "name dropping" (lol! give me a break) or anything like that (if thats what y'all feel i was doing....*eyes roll*). I won't keep doing things viewed as "trying too hard" nor will I say/do anything to imply that somehow I know more than anyone else about anything involving the topics discussed.

Sound fair??? I hope so. I don't want to barge in on a game forum where its tightly knit and where things i've said have rubbed any "regulars" around here the wrong way....so.....yeah. thanks for reading all that crybaby crap of mine, and take care brothers....

TFG it's not that anyone here disrespects you at all so don't take it that way. We welcome in all and welcome the debates and discussions we all have talking about one of our passions, tactical gaming.

But the rambling about I know this and I've been here n there but can't say anything more ya da ya da ya da is completely unnecessary and way over the top.

So more of the interesting talk Bout tactical gaming and what that means to you, and less about the secret squirrel stuff. ;)

We got loads of folks here who are from all different walks of life. So as LS mentioned its not about you, just the posting style is what had everyone scratching their heads or raising eyebrows. Esp with it being the internet and all that so folks sum up one another by how they write & present themselves basically.

*sigh*

TFG... I merged your two threads.

Do not start a new thread about YOU.

We get it.

Just act normal now.

Thanks.

TFG it's not that anyone here disrespects you at all so don't take it that way. We welcome in all and welcome the debates and discussions we all have talking about one of our passions, tactical gaming.

But the rambling about I know this and I've been here n there but can't say anything more ya da ya da ya da is completely unnecessary and way over the top.

So more of the interesting talk Bout tactical gaming and what that means to you, and less about the secret squirrel stuff. wink.png

Again, sorry if i "rambled" but i had a lot to say. And where did i go on and on about "i've done this and that" and how i'm a secret squirrel etc????? LMAO

I just said "I do a boring job" and "I wouldn't assume things about anyone without knowing more about them. Opening mouths about someone else can look ignorant when you don't know what they've done"

What i mean by "what they've done" is not that i have done ANYTHING special, cool, bad ass, or anything of the sort. Looks like you guys have had one too many laptop commandos and are maybe just a tad quick to call me one???? maybe?? I could be wrong....just an observation.

Again, I only rambled because i was pretty upset that I was being lumped in with the weirdos who claim this or that when, in fact, i was just trying to help (and as a layman no less!).

Sorry guys...Again, i won't be a dick and stay where I wouldn't be wanted (or be in a forum where my contributions would just be obnoxious). I am not that type of guy, and if I am blind to the fact that I've already been designated as such...then...well...its all good i guess.

You guys stay cool, and let me know if i've overstayed my welcome k?? Best wishes to your families (if I get told to bail myself, i mean)

Also, thanks for being such interesting folks (those of you i did talk with....i.e admin/mods etc) and thanks for being appreciative for my weaksauce efforts to further GB lol...i know they weren't much good.