Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TaskForceGreen

just an idea from a soon-to-be GB fan

4 posts in this topic

Hey, i was thinking this site needs (or maybe just the GB portion?) a more diff approach to responding to posts..

For instance, i type a response, post it, then type another and they are BOTH crammed into the same box on the actual thread....

I don't think there is a way to seperate the two boxes and its really bothering me because it makes me appear to be a thread hog and it makes my posts look really, really, really long even tho i am talking about two or three diff things and making two or three separate posts about said things

am i just doing it wrong or....?

If you're talking about posting several times in a row, that's generally frowned upon. It happens sometimes, especially if you're bumping an older thread with an update that you were the last one to post in, but for more current threads you're much better off editing your post instead of making another one if your the last one posting.

Think it's just something that happens if you reply multiple times into one thread without anyone else replying inbetween, rather than leave you with several posts in a row it just consolidates them into one longer post.

Not sure how long it has to be between post before it doesn't consolidate them though.

I think the time is pretty short? I know Ive screwed up with that a few times? Perhaps 5 mins?

Regardless yeah its generally better to just "edit" your own post if you think of something else to add to the initial comment you had written. thumbsup.gif The command should be in the lower right hand side of the post itself. Same place that you see "Report, MultiQuote, Quote"