Lightspeed

A New Marketing Approach? Comic strip style.

63 posts in this topic

I was thinking of other ways I've seen things shown over the Net including the fan made videos or cartoon strips where they take the ###### out of aspects of a game.

I think that this could be used if done in a clever way to grab the attention of gamers out there. Zoog had raised the point in another thread about needing to appeal to players on an emotional level and I agree.

I started a thread earlier to talk about the things you hate about the CODs and other games that GB will not be.

If you combine the two in a humorous way then you may hit players emotions in the right way.

For example, I picture a player stick figure with a speech bubble above his head "oh check out my new perk which gives me invisibility for 30 seconds so I can run around and kill everyone without being seen".

Guy next to him rolls eyes and says "Yeh, no thanks I'll be playing Ground Branch"

Say another one for Arma2 disillusioned -

"dude quick, grab a weapon we need you on the battlefield"

"yup got it! Where's the fight?"

"cool follow me, we just have to run that way for 15 minutes"

"um, yeh I think I'll head over to Ground Branch"

Thoughts?

One more for good measure-

A high ranking soldier stick figure walks over to a bunch of stick figures standing on a runway.

"hey men there's a war going on out there. What are you all standing around for?"

"oh, we'll we're waiting for the jet to spawn"

senior ranking soldier looks out at camera/audience and says "sigh, I think I'll go play GB"

Sounds interesting, but if you even hint at the ability to use vehicles or directly compare it to BF3, it comes off as a game in the same genre.

Likewise, the first one makes it seem like GB is for those with no patience and want quick action. I hear CoD players describe BF in similar ways... they get tried of running for a few minutes, looking for enemies. IMO it makes GB sound like a CoD style game.

Though the overall concept might be worth looking into. At this point we need to try some other things.

Edited by Flogger23m

I was thinking of other ways I've seen things shown over the Net including the fan made videos or cartoon strips where they take the ###### out of aspects of a game.

I think that this could be used if done in a clever way to grab the attention of gamers out there. Zoog had raised the point in another thread about needing to appeal to players on an emotional level and I agree.

I started a thread earlier to talk about the things you hate about the CODs and other games that GB will not be.

If you combine the two in a humorous way then you may hit players emotions in the right way.

For example, I picture a player stick figure with a speech bubble above his head "oh check out my new perk which gives me invisibility for 30 seconds so I can run around and kill everyone without being seen".

Guy next to him rolls eyes and says "Yeh, no thanks I'll be playing Ground Branch"

Say another one for Arma2 disillusioned -

"dude quick, grab a weapon we need you on the battlefield"

"yup got it! Where's the fight?"

"cool follow me, we just have to run that way for 15 minutes"

"um, yeh I think I'll head over to Ground Branch"

Thoughts?

I think its good but you need to show us an example ???

I think you'd have better results promoting why GB is going to be good rather than what you don't like about other games. Just a suggestion.

We should probably start seeking help from the 9GAG army now. Sample below. Feel free to add nyan cats and upload this on 9GAG, Led:

2m4bzb8.jpg

28umruh.jpg

16h7049.jpg

Yer I have to agree its funny and its true all one hit, how often do you get that. Nice V2

Ground Branch has respawn though, depending on the game mode/server settings (from what I gather on the forums etc) :)

Kickstarter page, Realistic Health Section: "Respawns will depend on the game mode and server settings."

We should probably start seeking help from the 9GAG army now. Sample below. Feel free to add nyan cats and upload this on 9GAG, Led:

2m4bzb8.jpg

Brilliant! My mates at work are also gamers and we often look at 9gag!

im not an artist by any stretch but i will work on some of these. surely, there are better than me though with the tools to knock out my conceptual ideas and make them look a bit more polished.

my view is, even if some of the comic strips are provocative about other games, as long as it's true then it doesn't matter, and the publicity could be priceless.

i believe that these comics would be a case of "there is no bad publicity".

spread them across the Net, make players talk expecially the 10 million COD, MOH, BF3 and Arma players - and then show them why BFS is the real deal.

Illustrates the ridicule of games quite well. Especially the knifing is absurd and I always hated blood on the screen.