Jsonedecker

New In-Game Video on Sound Design

56 posts in this topic

Wilhelm's Curse: Tired of the same tired weapon sounds you hear in every other game? Here's a look at some of our sound design work, showcasing the attention to detail in the sound layers of some of the most basic tasks. Everything shown is recorded from source material. Oh, and our entire sound library will be available to the mod community, to give them a head start in creating content.

http://www.kickstart...ch/posts/251162

Go bump your forum threads!

This... is... awesome! I don't believe there is not enough tactical gaming fans able to see how amazing it is, see how huge potential it has and not willing to back it up. It just have to succeed!

Love the sound of the velcro pouch opening up, and the sound of another round being chambered. Awesome!

Hearing the magazine drop on the concrete floor made my heart stop for a moment. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I should hope so. We only recorded it, I want to say, 12 times per material type (steel + polymer), per weapon (each weapon's magazines and mechanics are recorded), per surface (concrete, grass, woodland, gravel, et cetera), per speed (fast and loud reloads, versus slow and quiet reloads), per chest-height gravity drop.

Phew.

This is a big part of my job: focusing on nailing small details. If I can't convince you that we aren't going to ###### up other things after showing something like that, then I'm not sure what it's going to take to get the "fence sitters" and benchwarmers.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Love the sound of the velcro pouch opening up, and the sound of another round being chambered. Awesome!

Then I've done my job. Glad you appreciated it.

Nice very nice if people look at that and above all listen to it we will be sold, it is type of video that will really sell the game.

Lets face it for A DEVELOPER TO GO TO SUCH LENGTHS TO DO THE SOUND THE REST OF THE GAME HAS TO ###### AMAZING..

GAME SOLD

Nice job guys real nice.

Also, I wanted to take this time to give credit where credit is due, to my Sound Engineer, Luca Fusi.

Luca is a good friend of mine, and an extremely talented Sound Artist. We worked our asses off (but still have more work to do), and I owe much of the success to him. He is, simply put, a real mensch.

Check out his stripped-down-and-reworked Deus Ex trailer (with all original voice-acting, sound effects, music and everything):

He's going to be helping us in the long-haul, with things like surround sound design and audio recording and mastering. You're in good hands.

pew-pew-pew-small-778901.jpg

Good stuff and am looking forward to the next video you guys do up!

*John and JC knows what I would say anyways if I wrote an actual serious post. thumbsup.gif

You guys are ###### heroes. If any company deserves to succeed, BFS is it. I nearly shat myself from joy when I heard that magazine hit the freaking concrete.

The mag hitting the ground was spectacular indeed. It actually sounded like below!

I already complimented your sound guy when the initial pitch video was shown and I do it again.

The mag hitting the ground was spectacular indeed. It actually sounded like below!

I already complimented your sound guy when the initial pitch video was shown and I do it again.

Yep, I noticed that as well. Great stuff.

Thanks guys. We truly put our heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into this. I'm glad we have some good sound guys to, because I don't know much about that stuff. :)

We greatly appreciate hearing the feedback and encouragement as well.

We will prevail one day you can be sure of that... there is no other choice!

you had at me at "Hi, I'm Jonathan..."

so dreamy

you forgot "the dude on the video"

This might be one of the very few if any times Ive heard of the actual sound of an empty mag hitting the ground. That unmistakable sound of the follower / spring rattling around inside of the ######ty aluminum housing. lol

This might be one of the very few if any times Ive heard of the actual sound of an empty mag hitting the ground. That unmistakable sound of the follower / spring rattling around inside of the ######ty aluminum housing. lol

You should hear the one where the floorplate on my overpriced POS S&W 1911 steel mag flew off on a concrete drop, and totally ruined my day.

What an expensive sound effect...

Once heared the sound of 2 full taped together 30 rounders hitting concrete after a squadmate didn't get it seated properly. Knocked both floorplates loose causing rounds, springs and followers to spray everywhere. God we ribbed the crap out of him for a long time after that!

You quoted Super Troopers. Mother of God! I'm doubling my pledge smile.png

Edited by Korobushka

You guys are ###### heroes. If any company deserves to succeed, BFS is it. I nearly shat myself from joy when I heard that magazine hit the freaking concrete.

This!!

The attention to detail is just amazing. BFS deserves it so much to succeed!