V2_Bloodline

Favourite maps

30 posts in this topic

What maps from older tactical shooters would you like to see reworked to be "spiritual successors" in Ground Branch?

Example list of urban/CQB maps:

oil rig

city streets large

killhouse

embassy

airfield

underground station

cargo ship

bank

prison

mint

The Met

Would be cool if you can talk about particular details about the maps (or things that might have happened in them) that made them memorable to you.

Is Zebra Straw (on the "Battlefield" map) still your favourite mission in OGR? I just played it last week, bloody tough mission.

Mint, 747, killhouse, CSL and oil rig right?

747 for certain! Man, I had totally forgotten about that level/map.

Good memories indeed.

Mint, 747, killhouse, CSL and oil rig right?

Close.

CSL, KH, 747, Mint, Met

None of the GR ones were mine. I was the Lead Artist on that game and helped design all the maps with Brian Upton. Then the level builders would take that and make it their own in certain ways. So GR maps had design elements from multiple people.

747 for certain! Man, I had totally forgotten about that level/map.

Good memories indeed.

No doubt! We weren't sure if we could pull that one off either. My good friend Thomas (still there at RSE) and I worked out all the technical details to make it work. We had this big 4 foot long 747 cross section that we drew on graph paper hanging on the wall in the office. That level took a bit of work to make. :)

From Rogue Spear:

747, Underground Station, Hacienda and Cargo ship were my favorite. I also liked that very short mission where you had to take down an enemy while he fled in a car.

Ghost Recon:

Eager Smoke, Gold Mountain, Dream Knife, Righteous Archer

Swat 4:

Mission 2... and that's pretty much it

Infiltration (For those who have played it):

Peacemaker, Jerusalem, Cuban Dawn, Extreme Prejudice

CSL and KH Double were some of my favorite to come up with. Putting a door charge on the roof door in KH then sitting and waiting for a team to stack up on it just to get blown up was so fun. Those surely were the days.

CSL and KH Double were some of my favorite to come up with. Putting a door charge on the roof door in KH then sitting and waiting for a team to stack up on it just to get blown up was so fun. Those surely were the days.

Even better days ahead!

Never played much of the originals (and can't remember too much from them) but I played so much Raven Shield.. Some of my favorites are:

CSL

Jungle from Black Thorn

Office Building from Black Thorn ( unsure of the real name )

Warehouse from RvS

Import Export from RvS

Garage from RvS

This is from a MP point of view. I loved the campaigns and terrorist hunt Co-Op but the majority of time I spent in MP. I think the only map I didn't like from RvS is Peaks.

You see this is why we need this game who the hell remembers a cod map from 10 years ago,

exactly

Great times Great maps.

You see this is why we need this game who the hell remembers a cod map from 10 years ago,

exactly

Great times Great maps.

AMEN

OGR Maps:

Creekbed, HuntingLodge, Refinery, Plantation, Airfield, Prison.....were among my favs.

Ok this post is killing me, John have you any maps to show us re GB ?? Oh nearly forgot the screen of the sniper and the sun coming through the tress can you put that in the new vid.

sorry ot.

Correct. I was not there for Lockdown.... However, I was contracted to remake some classic maps for the PC Lockdown release. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game other than they send me the tools and I remade the maps. :)

If I remember correctly my brother used to comment on the oil rig map while I was playing on it. Maybe he was trying to figure out whether they are structurally functional and sound, because as an engineer he has been offshore often and for prolonged periods of time. Back then all I care about is the design from a tactical point of view, but nowadays I want maps to make sense both tactically and functionally.

Although I might be confusing the oil rig in Rainbow Six with the one in Splinter Cell. That game has an embassy map too. And in Chaos Theory there were Cargo Ship, Bank, and Penthouse maps as well.

There were similar maps in The Regiment too, weren't there? Killhouse, embassy, 747, etc?

From Ghost Recon:

Caves: The one where it all started for me, being the first GR map. It gave a sense of freedom and openness. Interesting terrain design, as well as vertically.

Farm: Another great open map design. You could move in directly or take the long route and flank. The accessible farmhouse and barn offered some nice CQB. And I also really liked the overall look. I'd really love to see a similar but bigger kind of map being made for GB.

@V2_Bloodline I don't believe The Regiment had a map with an enterable airplane, as far as I can recall.

CSL, Opera House, The Met, 747, Ruined City.

You guys are forgetting the 2nd best map of all time though: BUNKERS!!!!!!!!!! Ole erase bring bunx back!

Not going to lie, all RS maps were awesome (including expansion maps) except for Nuclear Power Plant, lol

Please bring bunx back***

From Ghost Recon:

Caves: The one where it all started for me, being the first GR map. It gave a sense of freedom and openness. Interesting terrain design, as well as vertically.

Farm: Another great open map design. You could move in directly or take the long route and flank. The accessible farmhouse and barn offered some nice CQB. And I also really liked the overall look. I'd really love to see a similar but bigger kind of map being made for GB.

Agreed, on both counts. First campaign map in OGR was absolutely amazing and Farm was very close to Caves in awesomeness department.