• Announcements

• Aldous

Forum Upgrade Completed   02/22/2017

We have upgraded our forum and some background software to a new build. This will, among other things, add a few new features as well as implement a few bugs. Please let us know if you find anything unusual.
DetCord

Total War: Rome II

41 posts in this topic

It looks more like new HBO series trailer ;) I like the music. Can't wait for this game!

It's hard to believe that those are ingame screenshots, but if so, we finally gona get cities that actually look like cities.

######. Yes! Rome was the best game of the series, and I've played them all. Shogun 2 was good but I miss the variety that Rome provided and not a single other title in the series has matched.

######. Yes! Rome was the best game of the series, and I've played them all. Shogun 2 was good but I miss the variety that Rome provided and not a single other title in the series has matched.

I hated the Shogun series... I just couldn't get into the locale and related history of the Fuedal Japan setting.

Edit -

So I've got around $1200 worth of music composition software on my PC that I've never really used. I decided to produce my own track for the TW:RII trailer. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFplzIx0Ozw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DetCord

Well...I'd love to listen but it's kind of not there anymore :-\

Looks great, especially the animations. Though it does look like they really over did the SCR contrast ratios.

This is great.

Creative Assembly immortalise dying Total War fan by putting his likeness in-game

James.jpg

Last year, 24-year-old Total War fan James visited Creative Assembly’s studio in the UK – a trip arranged by the Willow Foundation, whose Special Day initiative gives people with terminal illness the chance to do something extraordinary for the day. While he was there, James was able to interview the development team, make suggestions, and play an early version of the just-announced Total War: Rome II, months before anyone else. Brilliantly, Creative Assembly also created an (exceptionally accurate) character model based on his likeness, transforming him into a Roman soldier – pictured above at the Siege of Carthage. Shortly after his visit, James lost his battle with cancer. Today, speaking to Eurogamer, Creative Assembly spoke of how “moved and humbled” they were by his visit.

“James was remarkable on the day,” Total War community manager Craig Laycock explained to Eurogamer earlier today. “His enthusiasm knew no bounds. He asked passionate questions and offered clear and concise suggestions on features for the game.

“When I recently learned that James had died, it was devastating. Even though I had only spent a few hours in his company, it was absolutely devastating, because he was able to show us all here in the studio how passionate he was for our games.

“And although he won’t get the chance to see Rome 2 released, he will live on in some small way in our game – and every time I see him I’ll be reminded of what a great guy he was.”

You can donate to the Willow Foundation here. Total War: Rome II – featuring James – will be out later this year.

http://www.pcgamer.c...keness-in-game/

Edited by DetCord