Jonathan Conley

Thank You, Backers.

32 posts in this topic

So, first and foremost: we didn't make it to $425k. We made it to $111,111k.

I'd like to, on behalf of our small team, take the time to thank everyone that contributed to our campaign, regardless of the outcome. First of all: every bit of money helped, and some of you definitely "stepped up to the plate" in that regard; we're truly humbled by those of you willing to go that length for something you believe in. Your dedication to the genre is exactly what we'd hope for; it's simply a pity there aren't more of you.

Also, thanks to people like zoog, who took their time to become a makeshift PR machine. You did an excellent job, and we will always appreciate and remember your dedication. Seriously, a huge thanks for helping out and producing your fan video.

Please join me in offering a huge thanks to our moderators, for helping us relaunch the site and manage the influx of traffic. Thanks to Whisper, NYR, Aldous, Mono and everyone for your continued support. You guys are instrumental in running the site, and we appreciate every bit of help.

Who knows what the future may bring. Hopefully, money. We're currently exploring our options and re-evaluating our approach. For now, we all have some personal life things that we need to catch up on, that we've been putting off for at least a month or two. Once we recoup and regain our sanity, we will hop back onto the bull and give it another go when the time is right.

Please, continue to spread the word about the game, and welcome newcomers. At least we've attracted some refreshed interest, especially from awesome and influential guys like Chris (Sidestrafe). I hope that we can have more to show you in the near future. Thanks again.

I suggest a camping/fishing trip. Good way to get some peace and quiet, to recoup mind. Works for me most of the time.

I usually wander off into the woods with a pack, some basic survival supplies and a big knife. But yes, you are on the right track.

Hopefully BFS will figure out a way to get the funding needed. The sooner the better. If the game ever gets made, I'll be buying it like I had planned back in 2007-2008.

You guys definitely deserve the break! KS may not have provided you with the funding, but you definitely gained some new fans! I'll be supporting you all the way.

Unsuccessful, but wiser. Use what you have learned on the way through the KS and apply it in the future. Opinions and perspectives have changed in the process, but for the better I believe. That doesn't help the bitterness, I guess, but once again, things change.

I can only re-iterate what Jon has said and I cannot thank all of you for your new and continued support.

I glad to have signed up for your kickstarter. Once the dust settles my suggestion is you make another go with a less ambitious amount. Better to get some of the $$$ than none. Remember, the kickstarter amount is kind of like a reserve in an auction. If you set the reserve too high you might not sell the item but it doesn't preclude one from getting a lot more than the reserve or in this case a lot more than the amount you set. Good luck!!!

I hope no one at Black Foot Studios is in anyway discouraged; to reach the ambitious funding target you've set for yourselves requires a marketing & advertising plan as studied and thorough as your game's design and a full-time commitment of carefully crafted and scheduled execution (or a proportionally ridiculous amount of good luck).

While Kickstarter has grown markedly, the disparity of funding results are in many (if not most) cases, more to do with luck than the prospective success of the project or capability of its Developers -- and there are a range of gaffs and missed opportunities both small and large that predisposition poor funding performance before many even announce their project...

In exploring starting a pro bono marketing & advertising project I was calling BumpStarter® which would work as an ad agency to leverage and scale proven, low/no cost marketing plans and opportunities for Kickstarter projects -- I can offer that BlackFoot Studios (and it's willing Supporters) missed a lot of opportunity that could could be exploited in a second round of funding.

Fingers crossed Black Foot Studios explores not only alternative sources of funding; but ground floor marketing and advertising resources that could leverage results more in line with what's on offer here.

cowboy.gif

And thanks BFS for all your hard work and your continuous uphill battle to make a game we all want to play to badly. :cheers:

And thanks BFS for all your hard work and your continuous uphill battle to make a game we all want to play to badly. cheers.gif

same here thxz all

I can only re-iterate what Jon has said and I cannot thank all of you for your new and continued support.

John have you taken contact or looked at the other project Takedown from Serellan to get some inspiration? you probable do/have, seeing as you probable know this guy back from the GR days!? It seems that they have a bigger support from private investors from what I can understand and there by could set there KS goal a bid lower and so they reach there KS goal( part of the reason that they succeeded might have bin because they have set there goal to get the game out on all platforms and there by getting more supporters IDK!??)... Also they seem to have a very active blog they post info, video's, Q&A things pretty much every week.

Edited by Yepha_dk

In exploring starting a pro bono marketing & advertising project I was calling BumpStarter® which would work as an ad agency to leverage and scale proven, low/no cost marketing plans and opportunities for Kickstarter projects -- I can offer that BlackFoot Studios (and it's willing Supporters) missed a lot of opportunity that could could be exploited in a second round of funding.

I agree. But we are game developers and not marketing guys. We will need to look into finding a pro bono marketing guy for later, but I'm sure that isn't exactly easy.

John have you taken contact or looked at the other project Takedown from Serellan to get some inspiration? you probable do/have, seeing as you probable know this guy back from the GR days!? It seems that they have a bigger support from private investors from what I can understand and there by could set there KS goal a bid lower and so they reach there KS goal( part of the reason that they succeeded might have bin because they have set there goal to get the game out on all platforms and there by getting more supporters IDK!??)... Also they seem to have a very active blog they post info, video's, Q&A things pretty much every week.

I know Christian very well. They are going down a different business path than us and yes, outside investors is a big part of that. The reason you see weekly updates and Q&A's is because they are able to work full time on Takedown because they have money. :-) People forget that we do outside contracting and other jobs still to pay our bills.

I was really hoping to see that KF project become a reality and i still hope you find a way to make it real. I want to play it on my Mac in 2013, so go to rest, catch up with personal life things and then come back and bring this master piece to us in a way or another ;-)

I hope you guys still consider Kickstarter and Indiegogo as possible backing sources in the future. I backed your Kickstarter and was really hoping it'd pull through once word started to get around.

Thanks to John, the rest of the BFS staff and forum moderators for giving it your all over the past month. Although this KS push didn't reach its target this time, I think there are positive things came out of it (more exposure across the interwebs, public saw more of the game's concepts and focus, site/forums revamp, etc) and it definitely was not a wasted effort.

Ground Branch is still a fantastic IP. Wherever John and the team decide to take this in the future, and however long it takes, I'm sure all of us agree we will still be here to support it. :thumbsup:

I was really hoping to see that KF project become a reality and i still hope you find a way to make it real. I want to play it on my Mac in 2013, so go to rest, catch up with personal life things and then come back and bring this master piece to us in a way or another ;-)

Yea also one of the reasons i loved it is because i have a mac so i could play

All this developing team needs is - time. :-D. Do not rush the game, and you do not

certainly need to be pushed towards some date to appease someone's hunger for the game.

Just take your time and enjoy the making of the game :-D. Only when you will feel and know that the the game is ready, only then we will be ready to play with what you have created.

Massive attack

The quality of the game predicts the quality of the player.

Edited by MassiveAttack