Nemesis

RIP: Neil Armstrong 1930-2012

9 posts in this topic

Im not a space geek but I have a lot of respect for Astronauts & the NASA program amongst other pioneers.

2658351-1-522x293.jpg

"An inspiration to more than a generation"

I remember watching him take his first steps, but for my family, it was my brother's birthday of July 21st instead of July 20th. We were living in Japan at the time and I was 8 years old and my brother just turned 6 and my sister was 3. We watched it on a 19" black and white TV set at some weird hour in the morning. I will never forget watching it happen live.

RIP Neil, may your accomplishments never be forgotten.

Same here, great loss and those early years never really repeated later. A shame.

Do you guy realize that he went above the sky, left the Earth and walk on another planet (okay I know it's a natural satellite, but you know what I mean)? What he did is totally blow my mind. He walked on that bright thing we see in the sky at night.

He's a legend in my book.

Yea pretty sure, we American's understand what he did Delta...he is a legend...he's a hero as well. He was a pioneer into the last frontier. He was a great and honorable man.

Damn shame the US Public Education fails these heroes.

I mentioned the news @ work, co-workers replies

--- "they stripped him because of some failed drug test" ----- Lance Armstrong

--- "they adopted a baby..." Neil Patrick Harris aka Doogie Howser

doh.gif

In the Phil, I got hit with a wooden ruler (with metal edge) when I got the order wrong...for some reason I said Buzz stepped out first.

Yes, we get corporal punishment for screwing up in Catholic High School.

Charlie Sheen (sober) had a thought; loneliest man for 15 hours: Michael Collins remained in lunar orbit until Neil and Buzz returned from the moon.