Sign in to follow this  
fritzy

Another Kickstarter?

fritzy   

I've never used Kickstarter before, but would very much like to use it to support the developers and the previous kickstarter campaign expired. Are there any hopes to get it going again to meet another goal by the games release in the summer?... Also so I can get my hands on the game for a $15... or if I felt like it the buddy bundle.

Vaecrius   

Kinda tempted to second this suggestion myself, as this KS ended at a time when I had, like, no disposable income (though granted I only heard about the GB project until long after the KS ended anyway). Maybe too soon though?

<s>EDIT: ::clicks on forum link:: good lord that's too many threads about rekickstarting this</s>

EDIT2: No, a new one does seem appropriate

Edited by Vaecrius

MurDoc   

Currently the DEVs are working on a playable demo/build for another kickstart/crowd fund. When it's going to happen is anybody's guess.

For now you can support the DEVs by sticking around and spreading the word about Ground Branch.

Jonathan   

I don't think they should use KS, I think they should use something were they get to keep the amount of money raised regardless of reaching the goal or not.

Edited by Jonathan

John has some scruples about that there Jonathan. He doesn't want to take anyone's money unless he can give them a product no matter how often some of us tell him to take our money, no questions asked and nothing asked in return. If he wants to stand on his principles, I cannot fault him, nor should anyone else. The best advice I can give someone is to keep spreading the word, tell him thanks for keeping the fire burning and trying to get us a game that we all want to play. If he does run another Kickstarter campaign, pledge then and get everyone you know to pledge.

fritzy   

If you guys had a paypal I'd donate some now, I really appreciate what you guys are doing and not being mainstream.

EDIT: I reread that, I sound like a hipster; just thanks for not being a copy paste clone of Caw a Duty.

Edited by fritzy

Howdy.....housemouse here. I am relatively new to this community. I found out about this project when it was too late to participate in the kickstarter. if the you guys decide to do another KS I, for one, am more than willing to participate. what you guys are doing is so exciting and so much needed....I AM WAITING!

enigma87   

I'll be keeping tabs on this for when the next KS (or other means of funding) becomes available. I'm excited to hear about this game and the developers working on it. I wanted to give my Thanks to everyone working on this team and I'll try to spread the word as much as possible!

Draco   

Have you guys seen the new steam feature, to suport new games in development, maybe you guys should go and check this out might be a good thing, lots of ALPHAS already.

Edited by Draco

Hopefully more people will know about this game someday. If these people would just watch the sound/level video of this game they would %$%$in love it to death.

If we are unable to donate, is there any way to Pre-purchase?

I have absolute faith in this game reaching completion at some point in the future, I will therefore be buying it so might as well just do it now;-)

That being said, there seems to be some good progress going on and people are being made aware by the community and I am sure that support is growing.

I have seen a few comments recently on the UBI forums, there is some great support over there (from the community) but there are also a few people that seem to feel that there is not enough info coming out and are doubtful that GB will get completed.

I am just wondering what we can do to help boost awareness and drum up more support.

zoog   

If we are unable to donate, is there any way to Pre-purchase?

John only wants to accept money when he can guarantee a product will be delivered (and there are all kinds of legal issues involved). So right now you cannot pre-purchase.

I am just wondering what we can do to help boost awareness and drum up more support.

Personally I think it´s best to wait until either a playable build is released to the public and/or a new crowfunding campaign is launched. You can interest your friends or other gaming buddies of course, or forums you frequent. But a full blown PR offensive is only viable if there is anything to fight for (like a Kickstarter campaign etc). Of course, this is just my opinion wink.png

zoog   

I like to think that the concept is well worth fighting for;-)

Yes, I agree! :D but to get people interested that are not "in the know" just yet, some concrete goal like a crowdfund campaign probably works best.

heysilo   

What i think needs to be done if the kickstarter trys again is to reached out the Ps4 gamers aswell.Well some of us know already that Ps4 is very indie friendly by allowing self publishers and no fees for updates and you can update whenever you please.By doing so you'll be reaching out to more gamers.Also try to reach out to people like frankieonpc1080p angry joe and plenty more youtubers it help alot by spreading the word.

What i think needs to be done if the kickstarter trys again is to reached out the Ps4 gamers aswell.Well some of us know already that Ps4 is very indie friendly by allowing self publishers and no fees for updates and you can update whenever you please.By doing so you'll be reaching out to more gamers.Also try to reach out to people like frankieonpc1080p angry joe and plenty more youtubers it help alot by spreading the word.

The thing is that the Playstation crowd have a different definition and a different set of requirements for the game. They're basically Socom-type gamers - most of them prefer playing the game in third person. They don't want to play within the realistic limitations that Black Foot is trying to set in their game. When you try to mix the console mentality to the PC mentality it "may" get ugly.

Edited by Chunkypanda

I don't know man. Take a look at Ghost Recon (not GR2 mind you). It was supposed to be the launch title for the XBox, but dropped on the PC first because of delays on MS's part. I would say that the XBox drew some gamers from Sony and the Playstation. Now, with GR, with minor alterations to the game, it played the same way on the XBox as it did the PC. One of the minor differences was how many teams there were available. The PC could have up to 3 teams with 2 members each (this is for SP) while the XBox had 2 teams of up to three members each. Both games were first person views.

Console games can play the same (didn't the first two Splinter Cells play the same too?) as the PC games outside of the control scheme. Maps can be made so they can be shared between the platforms. There have been many here who are console gamers who want the same game that the PC is getting. While right now, there may not be many who want an uber-realistic game on consoles, there are those who do (it started back during the GR days) and miss that on consoles.

Will a game like ArmA be played in droves on consoles? Probably not, but a game that expands on what GR did and had will be a hit. It will just take a bit of time.

*edit* Fixed a spelling error.

Yeah, I've played both the PC and Xbox version of Ghost, though I found it easier to play on the Xbox for some reason. Anyways, Xbox back then was very different from consoles before it. I remember how fanboys of the traditional consoles, namely Playstation fans, mocked the Xbox for being too much like the PC, especially when it was using a harddrive and an Intel x86 processor. PC gamers such as I were drawn to the Xbox and tactical games such as Rainbow Six 3 and Ghost Recon became a success on it. Heck, even a slightly limited version of Operation Flashpoint was ported to the Xbox and did pretty well. It was later on that console minded gamers started joining Xbox especially with the 360 release. For me, 360 basically killed tactical shooters. I didn't like Vegas and GR2 which were redesigned to market to the console minded crowd. Call of Duty definitely didn't help.

Edited by Chunkypanda