Jsonedecker

Its time to take our glorified GI Joe simulator...

95 posts in this topic

... and turn it into something playable.

We have no plans to release the build shown here to the public at this time, but it is making the rounds with donators from Ground Branch's early days. Once it has been abused and patched up for a while, we'll consider our options.

That's it.

-Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Great to hear u have a playable build now, keep up the great work.

Bug 1:The arm is sticking through the pouches. :-)

Nice.

Just curious, how much gameplay is there in this build? Just log on for some generic TDM to get the hang of the various shooting-people systems, or are there already missions and gametypes?

Now that's customization!

EDIT - @ Murdoc

Yeah, that's a issue that's present with a lot of games (ex. ArmA). Problem is, in order to fix it, you have to alter the skeletal animation structure so animates appear to collide, not clip through. It's a pain in the ass to redo something like that. Considering the large variety of loadout options that are available to the player, it's likely you'd never properly remove the issue.

Edited by DetCord

Great to hear u have a playable build now, keep up the great work.

We're working on the playable build now.

This one isn't.

Nice to see the tweet's working fine. Might wanna put it up on the BFS YT channel as well, [next time] maybe?

Edited by V2_Bloodline

Nice to see the tweet's working fine. Might wanna put it up on the BFS YT channel as well, [next time] maybe?

We intended too, but were having some issues with it...

Yeah, that's a issue that's present with a lot of games (ex. ArmA). Problem is, in order to fix it, you have to alter the skeletal animation structure so animates appear to collide, not clip through. It's a pain in the ass to redo something like that. Considering the large variety of loadout options that are available to the player, it's likely you'd never properly remove the issue.

Question for the Unreal Engine nuts: Could the code for foot placement or soft physics or ragdoll or whatever, fix the issue? at least for the relaxed/ idle positions. Some way the elbows rest naturally on the pouches without having to make an animation for elbow position with every single pouch.

Ground Branch[/url] lover' timestamp='1359312739' post='113615']

Stupid question ; was it Kris talking in the movie ?

Yeah, figured a voice over would help. Came out pretty good for an $8 headphone/mic combo.

Question for the Unreal Engine nuts: Could the code for foot placement or soft physics or ragdoll or whatever, fix the issue? at least for the relaxed/ idle positions. Some way the elbows rest naturally on the pouches without having to make an animation for elbow position with every single pouch.

I'm sure there is an expensive complicated way to do it but it wouldn't be worth it. The real answer is to just do the animations with gear attached so it looks better.

@Psychomorph: Yeah, I get quite a number of comments about my voice.

People I haven't met in years will recognise me by it and/or the beard :)

Can't seem to find it in the video so I'm assuming either it has not been put in yet, or there will be a separate UI for choosing bullet types like FMJ vs JHP or buckshot vs slug, etc. Would be nice if it's not separated, seeing how well the UI are coming together in such an integrated way.