Jsonedecker

Fun with replication!

Working on replicating loadouts - both player and item - from server to client.

Since items can attach to other items, there is a chance that attachments will run several layers deep. To test this, I added an attachment point to the ACOG and created a new weapon loadout to abuse it.

The following is the in-game results...

dev_ingame_20132010a

I had to laugh.

Needless to say, no, you won't actually be able to do this in the final game :P

Either way, it feels good to be working on gameplay related stuff.

-Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Not to be rude but you shouldn't post screenshots like that, some people might not read first and get the wrong ideas. Just saying.

Can't win..... People complain because we don't post stuff and are quiet. We post goofy fun things because they make us laugh and get a complaint.

turned.gif

No worries, if reading is difficult for someone, I don't think they are the target demographic. ;)

Not to be rude but you shouldn't post screenshots like that, some people might not read first and get the wrong ideas. Just saying.

True, now we all look forward first Alpha version release ;)

Wait, isn't it a whole new M110 I see here ?

Nah, just an old school Mk 12 SPR with a wonky 20 round mag. For some reason the mag has been stretched somewhat.

Nah, just an old school Mk 12 SPR with a wonky 20 round mag. For some reason the mag has been stretched somewhat.

It's most likely an old 20rnd mag mesh. ;)

<p>

Clearly the backstory involves the delicate balance of a newly-forged alliance between various Earth factions and those of the eight-eyed Bananahead People of Xoiblongon Prime, and the Ground Branch has included a few recent top-secret recruits.

@StuOne7: That is the idea. This would allow quick switching between attached scopes. No problem with this.

The only thing that needs testing is the 'depth' and type of said attachments.

Sweet. Love being able to switch between ranged optics and combat optics in Arma 2.

I actually downloaded 3Ds to see what 3D modeling was like and the G36 or G36K is the gun I would want to attempt to model. Not sure how that will go though.

May I also suggest we provide a simpler and quicker way for the player to move from the working bench to the firing range, to try out his weapon? Shamelessly duplicating the awesome gunsmith mode from GRFS, LOL!