Jsonedecker

Theres gold in them there hills!

I put in some good hours on the demo map and thought I would share some of the results. This is also the same map that Kris showed in his post the other day.

This is a multi-purpose map that we are using to test out various game types, profile performance, use for various visual benchmarks and prototype day/night/weather setups. It will also be the map that will first be released in a public preview build.

-John

Depot_01 Depot_02Depot_03

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

One cool thing is all the gates will be functional. Open/close or blow up. :)

Can be used to slow down and advancement or force a team to re think their plan.

SWEET, one idea though john after playing the Last of Us (PS3) have you given any thought to dynamic objects opening the way to other areas for MP?

for example moving a dumpster to hop over a fence or climb on top of a low hanging roof?

Nutlink   

One cool thing is all the gates will be functional. Open/close or blow up. smile.png

Can be used to slow down and advancement or force a team to re think their plan.

How will that be handled? Traditional hit a button, press and hold while moving the gate, physics based pushing? Pretty curious about that part, although that's awesome news and gives me some higher hopes for doors.

Jonathan   

Wonder who will be allowed in the public preview build?

Everyone.

Btw very nice update once again, I love the updates how they are flowing so fast now smile.png

Edited by Jonathan

One cool thing is all the gates will be functional. Open/close or blow up. smile.png

Form follows function, eh? Nice!

How will that be handled? Traditional hit a button, press and hold while moving the gate, physics based pushing? Pretty curious about that part, although that's awesome news and gives me some higher hopes for doors.

Well if he really needed to get on that roof, I wanna be able to at least give him a boost.

226868899948276515_kl_YYOSot_f.jpg

Everyone.

What do you mean

?

Shots are from editor so I cropped the UI. I always forget to put it in a mode with AA though. It does have a light post process AA going but not hardware.

Jonathan   

What do you mean

?

Well won't a everyone be able to see the Public Preview Build? or am I wrong?

Edited by Jonathan

I noticed on the map excellent stone texture and depth textures. But mostly trees and leaves are not displayed very well. Otherwise, I have to say that it looks good and it's still on track.