Jsonedecker

FOV settings - opening a can of worms?

I need practice doing more of these until I stop rambling on and repeating myself... but anyways.

Quick video talking about and demonstrating the FOV settings we now have in Ground Branch.

Personally, I have a 24" monitor that I sit about 90cm/3' from.

Then again, I sit about 10mm away from the lenses of the Rift.

-Kris

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Colin   

Kris the vid is fine but............... the views, could you make another video showing more detail of each view say on targets ie range map. Please.

I have a feeling this will be a hot topic.

Also, thank you for another video. It can be seen that the development continues to move forward.

I just want to ask but I know that GB is not final. It seems to me that the gun has some great shots and duck background music strange weapons. Furthermore, it does not recoil. If it were, it would be very difficult to target within sight.

And connects the call to the next video. And especially longer videos :)

Looking good I'd say. Also show's off a "proper" magnified 3D optics model, ie only the optics view if magnified.

Though I do fear there will be alot of negative comments/feelings towards how the optics look/work from that clip, it's far from real life. Then again it's early day's still so I'm sure it will be ironed out. :thumbsup:

Jonathan   

I really like it great job! Also is it just me or did I see some bullet drop in the distance when u shot the weapon?coolspeak.gif

Edited by Jonathan

Apparently in Australia July is only the 6th month of the year? Lil typo there lol

Anyway thanks for the video update! Looking great, hope errthang is going well!

EDIT:

720p without AA mellow.png

@Jonathan: Astute observation! Nice.

Edited by V2_Bloodline

BTH   

If as much stuff as possible can be customized

-and

it's easy to customize

-and

the default settings good

-and

...I can't ask for more! Great job!

(Thumbs up for Kris as a GB dub actor!)

Clumzy   

Looking good I'd say. Also show's off a "proper" magnified 3D optics model, ie only the optics view if magnified.

Though I do fear there will be alot of negative comments/feelings towards how the optics look/work from that clip, it's far from real life. Then again it's early day's still so I'm sure it will be ironed out. thumbsup.gif

The best magnified scopes I've seen are in a WIP indie parkour shooter, it had the black ring that moves around the scope and it looked quite realistic. But as long as you can't see through the scope when not looking through it, in GB, then I'm happy. So far it's looking really good, and the animations are looking quite nice.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Kris   

Scope still needs shader work to make it act like a scope rather than a TV screen. Shaders are not my forte... though it is something I should remedy.

could you make another video showing more detail of each view say on targets ie range map.

Would prefer to wait until I have more systems implemented.

Eg. Proper range adjustment.

Colin   

Scope still needs shader work to make it act like a scope rather than a TV screen. Shaders are not my forte... though it is something I should remedy.

Would prefer to wait until I have more systems implemented.

Eg. Proper range adjustment.

Cheers Kris I forgot to add night vision too, with the stances. Thank You. Look forward to the next one the work is right on the nail.

Kirq   

I like it. One question though, the fact that we can see front ironsight in magnified optic is WIP, right?

Kris   

Everything's a work in progress.

Even when we hit 1.0, it'll still be a work in progress.

We do not intend to abandon the game after launch.

Nemesis   

love the commentary ".....so stuff it! " lol.

Nice work guys... it will be an area of debate. I was appreciating the environment also...looks really good :thumbsup: How do these 3 views affect character animation...would be good to see the 2 views side by side...ie: 1st person view & viewers view.

Kris   

@KRIS, I'm sharing this news with other forums, like Project Reality Community.

Mind if I share some of your post, like, you posted something on what you've worked on like UT MOD?

Feel free to share what you like... but I didn't understand the last bit of your sentence... UT MOD what now?

How do these 3 views affect character animation...would be good to see the 2 views side by side...ie: 1st person view & viewers view.

Changing between weapon sights is purely first person at the moment. May add a bone controller/animation offset to show it later in development.

....but I didn't understand the last bit of your sentence... UT MOD what now?

the one on your link...I didn't take my old-people-pill when I posted this ...wheelchair-em.gif