Colin

Detcord BFS Member

16 posts in this topic

I thought a long while about yes or no to this thread but in the end, I told myself that Detcord was worth the effort.

You are thinking of leaving us.

Reasons I don`t know and to be honest I really don`t care.

You and a lot of other members here make this place a unique place to visit, for many reasons, words,pictures,photos,banter and friendship but we all seem to have so much in common Johns game.

This is why most of us are here because we are all looking for, or near enough the same thing including you, and lets be frank here you are not going to find it any where else are you.?

So I for one do not want to see you go anywhere because you contribute to this place in a big way and you will missed a lot, nearly as bad as Snow giving up modding again lol.

So Detcord please do not leave us here, you have friends here STAY PLEASE.

Colin

Agreed! I don't know what transpired, but it would be sad to see you go :(

Oh leave me out of it Colin! There's lots of new talent around that could do what I did and more!

@Det: Speaking from experience here. Quitting a forum just because someone doesn't agree with you or pour their narrow minded crap over something you say just doesn't work. I've quit GR.net several times over the years due to actions from idiotic members but always seemed to find my way back after a month or 2. It was only with the surfacing of the latest GR abomination that I stopped checking the forum near daily and took a step back.

I for one do agree with your feeling about PR for GB but also know where John comes from inregards to slow and steady wins the race, with the slow pace of development it's in at the moment a dedicated PR person is just another person involved taking up valuable resources better used for coding/modeling! Once there's something ready for release or a release around the corner then that's the time where a PR guru could be worth having!

After all even if I'm out of the circle nowadays I've still invested more hours of unpaid work than I really want to think of, lucky for John I didn't keep an open invoice running rofl.gif , and still feel GB is the best hope for a playable game we have in today's day and age.

So ignore the idiots and stick around mate......Even if you do make a runner we all know you will be hiding in the shadows and following it anyways ;)

I should gladly sign this, because the original posts intent is good. As a lurker I enjoy the posts and pictures made by Detcord.

However.If you are familiar with the idiom the straw that broke the camel's back. Recognise that drastic decisions are rarely made from a single datapoint. Our medium of communication is text, game references, and internet memes. The posters on the forum range from rabid fanboys to seething critics-- most posters fall somewhere in between. With Ground Branchs long development time and rolecoaster ride of ups and downs-- it can be an exhaustive environment to read and post in.

My point is this. There might be more than Ground brach and this forum to contend with. To suggest that we know and can solve the thoughts and feelings that go through another persons mind is patronizing and pretentious. Instead afford Detcord the privilege to make up his own mind and to come to his own time. With the firm statement that he is very much welcomed back into the fold at such time as he likes and we shall look forward to it. Adding that whomever sent hatemail are total twats.

Ken

who's gonna pet my LOLCAT threads?

who's gonna put a check on my "wants and needs" in the Weapons Thread"?

please don't leave,.....

BTH scares the sheet out of me

4f143bf41861331ec400000d.jpg

I can has Kiwi friend again?

It's been 4 days already, it has been discussed at a rate of over a post an hour, and still no one has stood up and said: "Hey! it was me who sent DetCord a hate mail because he is a ...bla bla bla...".

Therefore whoever sent you a hate mail is just a lame p###y.

What do I have to say? At your age, with your experience... you've faced things. You can't be stopped by p###ies now. You can't quit something in life because of a p###y, you will find them in every single group of people. ###k them! (the pun is intended).

@Cpl.Led: Any scary picture of me is at least 2 years old. If you picked a random moment of my life right now and took a picture of it, I would probably be changing a diaper or watching Dora the Explorer.

Dora can turn just about anyone into a homicidal maniac though! That, mickey mouse and high five is the bane of my wednesdays!

Det, Your are one of few Guys here, that keep me on this forums. Please don't leave, Buddy.

Know how you feel Det. After I gave ( what I felt ) was very fair criticism and direct advice at the time of the KS campaign, I was shot down in flames from some of the more rampant fanboism ( hey look I made up a word ) that floats around these forums from time to time. That was followed by an email claiming I was a major factor in the degradation of community moral.

Let me state that I respect and admire John, Kris and co. Doing what they are doing is beyond tough. A bit like selling Hare Krishna to the Taliban. Trying for 6 years to get a true successor to Ghost Recon is something to be immensely proud of.

That being said I hand on heart do not believe that the gaming community want a game like GB in sufficient numbers or that BFS has the ability to recruit investment and resources to complete their intended product. I know that I sound like a Dic by not backing GB but at present I don't count myself as a believer anymore.

I think that a variation on the Sky Gods model should be looked at again seriously, Some form of low resource proof of concept. Above I said that their isn't a large enough gaming community to understand GB. BUT I do feel that the new gaming communities could be educated with a GB Lite release. Take some core concepts and lace them with more standard shooter features. Make some compromises like adding in a 3rd Person View and simple matchmaking to slightly broaden your appeal.

If you had your core shooting mechanics ( which look pretty good atm ), several maps with a rudimentary mission for each and a solid MP gametype or two, you could open these up to the community hear before release. The community could add new assets and mod new missions to the core concept whilst you guys polish up the UI and presentation a little. Then release on XBLA and Steam for a low price. The mainstream features could be dropped for sequel games ( ie GB ). Think of it as the simplification of Ghost Recon in reverse.

Is it as simple as this. NO but I think it should looked at. If it could be done, you would have a financial and community foundation to drive the production of GB forward.

Anyway, I hope that you guys don't take this as a kick in the balls. Just trying to give some ideas. Personally I would like nothing more than playing MP on the concepts and actual build map you are testing on.

No matter what happens my hat is off to you guys.

DetCord, don't go mate. Your posts are some of the best around on these forums, and 'one of the guys' that are instantly recognizable because of it.

Let petty people cry what they want, pay them no mind. You are more worthwhile than any of them.

Yeah Det, please stay!!! As SiC said, dont pay the guys any mind, they're not worth it. please don't go just because of some ######tards, please !

Alrighty then. Time to do the unpopular thing, also known as the right thing.

There will not be any more crying over spilled milk here. The person in question stays or goes, and ripples form. This and only this will happen here. Sorry, but this is not the place to sob and wail or complain and moan about the presence or lack of an individual.

Go to PM's or off site, please.