underfox

Does Ground Branch have a title image of some sort?

underfox   

I don't know if I made my self very clear with that title but what I wanted to know is if Ground Branch had a Title artwork like those ones for exemple.

ghost-recon-future-soldier-logo.jpg

7_640.jpg

You know? something showcasing a realistic artwork with the Game Title / logo pasted on it?

Somehow The only image I found that actualy do the job (in my opinion ofc ) is this one

news_kickstarter2_thumb.jpg

But I still find it fairly weak to showcase the game plus it is way to small to be considered one .

Takedown did a fine job on this matter with this one

IZT59o_E.png

I find it really great, It's appealing and it gives the right information about the game beeing squad based and requiring to carefully check around corners.

Ground Branch unfortunatly doesn't have anything like that. Only some artworks and a few in game screenshot with the title pasted on it, and I think the game would really benefit to have some realistic artwork to help the players immersing himself before actualy having the possibility to play the game.

I saw your youtube video about the possibility to open the door with the tip of the weapon ( what a superb Idea you had there by the way ) why not showcasing that kind of thing with an artwork showing a team covering the point man carefully opening a door with his modified M4 for example?

It would give all kind of information to the player. For example, it automaticaly give the idea that this is a squad based game where teamplay is required and you have to be carefull about the way you move around by having your back covered by your team while you open the door with the tip of your highly modified M4.

Look at the rainbow six vegas image I posted up there, you know that you will be able to rappel down tall skycrapper with weapon in hand.

Well sorry for the wall of text but I thought it might be a good idea to have this kind of wallpaper to showcase the game.

Edited by underfox

whack.gifnono.gif

I mean the art side of things needs a further push, especially if things need to be presented in the next months. We all know GB has been heavier on the tech side and while the released art (players models, textures and animations) has been great, things need to keep up with time a little bit. That means, cover and logo art that gives people a secure feeling that the developers are professionals and not amateurs.

Advertising with poor art can do damage and make people doubt about the competence of the developers. That may sound shallow, but shallow things are.

underfox   

That means, cover and logo art that gives people a secure feeling that the developers are professionals and not amateurs.

Advertising with poor art can do damage and make people doubt about the competence of the developers. That may sound shallow, but shallow things are.

I entirely agree with this. As a consumer point of view, beautifull art automaticaly attract my attention, it's stronger than me, I start looking at the pictures/video before starting reading about the game.

I'm pretty sure that most of the consumer when dealing with a product they don't know or never heard of start by judging it by it's cover and I know it because I tend to do that a lot. It's not a clever thing to do, I am well aware of this, but with the amount of choice we have in games nowadays and more importantly the amount of games I am currently waiting to buy day one, I just don't have time to be reading everysingle game information out there, so I look at the big pictures , the artworks etc.. and takedown wallpaper was one of the factor ( among many other ofc) that I ended up buying the game.

If a picture is worth thousand words, then many pictures.....

Edited by underfox

Exactly. We really need to move into more professional PR this time around.

I mean the art side of things needs a further push, especially if things need to be presented in the next months. We all know GB has been heavier on the tech side and while the released art (players models, textures and animations) has been great, things need to keep up with time a little bit. That means, cover and logo art that gives people a secure feeling that the developers are professionals and not amateurs.

I understand that GB needs some professionally done artwork. It has to do more with how you said it. I think it is a good idea too.

Bumfluff   

Wonder if you could reach out to the guys who pen The Activity comic to get a sketch? Might also be a way of reaching out to new groups of people.

reckon also the guy who does this artwork would be what you need:

51MjyV%2BqtnL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

underfox   

Showoff mode on

yet I just spoted something about the helmet they are using on the images ( I have been studying those helmet lately) this is a Ops Core fast " base jump " helmet which are mainly used for airsoft / paintball. Why? because they don't stop bullets.

The ops core fast ballistic doesn't have holes on top of the helmet as far as I know. Now maybe I'm utterly wrong tongue.png

Show off mode off

Edited by underfox

Jeza   

Showoff mode on

yet I just spoted something about the helmet they are using on the images ( I have been studying those helmet lately) this is a Ops Core fast " base jump " helmet which are mainly used for airsoft / paintball. Why? because they don't stop bullets.

The ops core fast ballistic doesn't have holes on top of the helmet as far as I know. Now maybe I'm utterly wrong tongue.png

Show off mode off

This maybe of interest to you: seems someone had a similar interest.

http://futurewarstories.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/fws-topics-pro-tech-helmet-and-special.html

However im sure enough you get expert to confirm :)

DetCord   

Showoff mode on

Show off mode off

I never noticed that in the Takedown cover art. You're absolutely correct though, that is not the ballistic version worn by operators.

underfox   

Everyday is a school day, so they used plastic helmet during black hawk down rescue because of it's weight? that's what we call beeing scareless

Edited by underfox

BTH   

You can find thousands of photographs of real operators wearing non-ballistic helmets or no headwear during real operations, so I don't see where the concern is.

Those helmets on the Takedown cover are ideal for para or boat insertions and, of course, to play airsoft games.

Serellan did a good job on that cover art, but in-game content would be nicer. The models in the Ground Branch Kickstarter art look decent enough in my opinion. Only the grey background make it too dull for a title image.

Colin   

I have to say that the Takedown cover is pretty awesome.

Yes it is cool BUT people remember about art work, is it from the game.??

What ever is used needs to be from the game.

Yes it is cool BUT people remember about art work, is it from the game.??

What ever is used needs to be from the game.

CQB operatives in action is what is on the cover and that is what is in the game, so the cover absolutely matches the game. The fact that the game doesn't match expectations is another subject.

What TD was create an image that sold people.

That's what car makers and lingerie sellers ask advertising agency to do for them: create an image that would convince consumers.

GB mantra and principles is kinda hard to "image"...when I was trying to skin a Hummer for Dirt3, I could not come up with a design, hence, never completed it. I added the JohnS, Ground Branch, BFS, and various softwares that were used in GB, but, it failed to sell what GB is about. GB is about covert unit.

Can you make a Ground Branch car for NASCAR?

Hard isn't it.

Hence, I agree with some folks using, actual gameplay images vs Photoshopped Airsofters to create an image for Ground Branch.

Hmm, the only game that I can think of that had ingame content on the cover is Unreal, with rows of screenshots on a black background.

So photos or images have allways been used on covers, but it is an interesting thought to use nothing but in game content as cover/boxart.

I don't see why not, but it would need to be a really good screenshot and you probably could not avoid using a bit of "make-up" anyway.