Sign in to follow this  
Bez

Dear BFS hello

Bez   

Wow, where to start, OK,

I just heard about Ground Branch yesterday for the first time,

I was very sad for you guys (and all of us) knowing the kickstarter campaign failed,

If I only knew in time I would have kickstart it also and do all I can to let know other people about the game.

(which I will do from now on)

I am a long time PC gamer almost 30 years now and going strong,

and I have been waiting for a game like this since swat 4 and raven shield.

ArmA is nice and I like it allot, but it's not really good for CQB, Takedown looks OK,

but to be honest, apart from iron sights, I don't see what are the added features compare to R6-RS.

Which leaves you guys.

Building the game around the community is a smart move in my opinion, though granted it is probably very hard.

I think (and please forgive me for being a bit harsh here) that your failure in the kickstarter campaign is mainly due

to ineffective PR. Look at me for example, I am a hardcore tactical shooter fan waiting for a game like this for years,

yet only heard about it yesterday sad.png, and believe me I always on the hunt for a new game I will like, so I think it says something.

I think allot of new and young (in comparison to us the older ones) gamers don't even know what a real tactical shooter is

and think COD and BF are realistic, I am sure many of them, would love a more realistic game but they just don't know what it is.

Well, the only reason I write this is to let you guys know, that with time I am sure the community will grow, more people will hear about it

and we will hopefully have what we all want.

I would suggest using a more viral marketing approach, since I know you can't afford to pay for expansive advertising.

Use You Tubers with many subscribers, I am sure many of them will be happy to promote your game,

some I have in mind are:

Jack Frags - 400,000 subscribers

https://www.youtube....00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

Dslyecxi - 78,000 subscribers

https://www.youtube....1u7asfuRsqSLvYQ

Frankie on PC - 930,000 subscribers

https://www.youtube....kudpfWrLQHGHQyw

Jester814 - 40,000 subscribers

https://www.youtube....AvUGx7zCjSkjv1g

Total-Biscuit - 1,200,000 subscribers

https://www.youtube....BTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

Also (and please forgive me again) I think John Sonedecker, was not fluid enough in the kickstarter video.

To his defense I will say that I love his humbleness, humility and honesty which is more important in my eyes,

and I can not say that about most developers out there that turned into businessman and politicians (like Patrick Bach for example).

But still, I cant help it, the pitch video was not good enough in my opinion,

It was too obvious he is reading from a card, and it was not \so good to say the least, I firmly believe a better video would have helped allot.

Also I think your build was too early to showcase, maybe you should have waited a bit, at least until you have some basic gameplay to show,

and I mean something VERY basic, but I think most people (excluding people like us) don't understand what it is from what is shown,

they need to see the impact of your actions to realize it, shooting at dummies is a bit stale.

I don't want to make you guys feel like you did a bad job, you guys are game developers not marketing people (like John said himself)

but I think you can still keep a kickstarter campaign on the side, with time and better PR, it will sure be a success.

Bottom line, please keep it going, and last but not least,

WHERE DO I BACK THIS GAME? TAKE MY MONEY!

Greeting and best of luck,

Assaf from Israel.

Edited by Bez

Welcome!

You made some very good observations that I, and others, completely agree with. There was a lot of self reflection taken after that campaign and we are learning from those mistakes.

Part of the PR problem was we launched right up against E3. The original plan was to launch 2 weeks prior but KS had issues getting videos converted so we ended up going right before E3 started and missed that important lead up time. My thought was to get a good base going then ride the wave of press for E3. Well we actually got buried by the press from E3. :) When our story did pop up somewhere it was 2nd/3rd page a couple hours later. Bad move on my part.

We are working on a new KS right now so keep an eye out for that.

Bez   

Hey John,

Thank you for your quick reply, I am happy to hear that!

Will keep my eyes open for it.

Please take into consideration promoting your game with prominent You Tubers

(some of them are dying them self's for a game like this and you get FREE PR)

And by the way, If I was not clear enough before, I totally LOVE what you have up until now!

Good luck to us all!