Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jsonedecker

Door Kickers: Simulations & Training nominated for multiple awards and to be showcased at I/ITSEC 2013

14 posts in this topic

BlackFoot Studios is very proud to announce that Door Kickers: Simulations & Training has been selected as being among the best ‘Serious Games’ of 2013 as a finalist for the Serious Games Showcase & Challenge at I/ITSEC 2013.

Door Kickers: Simulations & Training  will be on display during the 2013 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) in Orlando, Florida, from December 2 – 5. The annual conference is among the top events to recognize the nation’s best “serious games” – software games that have as their main purpose to train or educate the user rather than simply to entertain.

The project is up for multiple awards including Best Serious Game in the Business Category, the People’s Choice Award (determined by conference participants) and this year’s Special Emphasis Award – the Adaptive Force Award. Adaptive Force games encourage the player to repeatedly try new or different strategies to solve problems while considering feedback with the purpose of improving overall success.

The unique partnership between BlackFoot Studios and Killhouse Games is something that will produce a one of a kind application for Military and Law Enforcement agencies all over the world. We are excited to be able to get the exposure that a show like I/ITSEC brings with it and the opportunities that it presents.

If you are going to I/ITSEC be sure to come find us in the SGS&C area.

SeriousGames_Logo_generic-300x46.png

http://sgschallenge.com/wordpress/2013/10/15/announcing-the-sgsc-2013-finalists/

About the Challenge

The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge is the premiere venue for recognition of excellence in the field of Serious Games development. The challenge prides itself on helping to foster creativity and innovation in Serious Games for the last seven years as part of NTSA’s I/ITSEC Conference held in Orlando, FL.

View the full article

I have been watching a total biscuit video about this game. he doesn't seem quite good at it lol he keep sending his flashbang between the table and the chairs and so it never flashes the guy in the left corner.

It looks really cool, It is like playing rainbow six in planning mode.

When is it going to be released? I'm going to pick this up .

DRM?

NO DRM!

We’d rather spend resources on the actual game and we don’t like to impose restrictions on our paying customers.

Your damn right !!!!

Edited by underfox

When is it going to be released? I'm going to pick this up .

I've been playing it for months now, I believe since Alpha 1. I have spent many hours playing this game. It has lot of replay value and is a very solid product, even if it's still alpha. http://inthekillhouse.com/buy/

I don't really understand. Is Door Kickers the game by Killhouse Games and BFS is making a simulation version of it called "Door Kickers: Simulations & Training"?

I don't really understand. Is Door Kickers the game by Killhouse Games and BFS is making a simulation version of it called "Door Kickers: Simulations & Training"?

Yes. Pretty much the same thing Bohemia does with ArmA and VBS.

Cool, so it's the same top down application to practice tactical situations?

underfox, VBS is ArmA turned into a military simulation application for the military.

Yes. Our application is Door Kickers the game with added features and tools that cater to teaching and classroom environments. There will be some other small differences as well but that is the short answer.

Congrats John and team and door kickers team on this hope it comes to a great fruition.

VBS stands for Virtual Battlespace.

Edited by Jeza

Yes. Pretty much the same thing Bohemia does with ArmA and VBS.

sorry about the necropost, but I just figured I'd clarify something ;)

Bohemia Interactive Studios and Bohemia Interactive Simulations are two different companies that historically share their name. the two studios used to work together as one on OFP, but split soon after, that's why they use the RV engine for VBS.

they have different owners and different people at the top, that's why Arma and VBS rarely share features (and why VBS is so feature rich - they get commissioned to implement certain features by their clients, while Arma's developers have to rely solely on their sales to fund further development)

I was suddenly wondering how this turned out? Did you guys develop the training version or is it still in development? Or was it already finished when it was on display?

It was developed out a bit more, but never took hold with any clients. The retail version of the game ended up being used by an Eastern European police force I believe. So unfortunately it kind of faded away with little outside interest. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0