Jsonedecker

BlackFoot Studios becomes official Sony Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita developers

28 posts in this topic

We are proud to announce that BlackFoot Studios is now an official Sony Developer and Publisher for both the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita! Sony has done a tremendous job of making console development more accessible to smaller developers and are very enthusiastic to provide support on their flagship platforms. We look forward to diving into development on these platforms at some time in the near future.

There is currently no specific product information to disclose at this time.

Read this story on BlackFootStudios.com

I hope that this news is a step closer to my dream of getting a tactical shooter to console bigsmile.gif

Edited by roELjoe

Do you mean single player or MP?

Same as the PC version, but down the road it would be nice to have a single player included.

Some kind of terrorist hunt would also be very cool.

Played a lot of that in R6 and I love it tongue.png

Edited by roELjoe

There are no true tactical shooters as far as SP goes on PS3 but every no respawn shooter is tactical IMO it just depends on who you play with and how much tactics you use.

There are no true tactical shooters as far as SP goes on PS3 but every no respawn shooter is tactical IMO it just depends on who you play with and how much tactics you use.

I consider Raven Shield as a tactical shooter and there was a single campaign.

When I say tactical shooter I mean a slower paced game where one bullet could mean game over.

If You believe that no respawn equals a tactical shooter, is Call of Dutys MP mode "search and destroy" that?

I'am probably amongst the few in here who enjoys to play COD once in a while, but I don't think that "search and destroy" is the definition of a tactical shooter in COD world.

I might be wrong here, but I simple cannot equal COD with tactical.

I guess we all have our own definition what a tactical shooter is smile.png

For me, this is bad news. I hate consoles and everything around them. Destroying the sale of PC games and destroys itself. PS4 and Xbox One is already outdated in terms Hadrware. support.gifgun2.gif

Double post!

As long as this does not harm the PC version of Ground Branch this can be a good thing.

http://www.groundbra...ch-be-released/

For me, this is bad news. I hate consoles and everything around them. Destroying the sale of PC games and destroys itself. PS4 and Xbox One is already outdated in terms Hadrware. support.gifgun2.gif

http://www.blackfoot...p?showtopic=197

Edited by roELjoe

I consider Raven Shield as a tactical shooter and there was a single campaign.

When I say tactical shooter I mean a slower paced game where one bullet could mean game over.

If You believe that no respawn equals a tactical shooter, is Call of Dutys MP mode "search and destroy" that?

I'am probably amongst the few in here who enjoys to play COD once in a while, but I don't think that "search and destroy" is the definition of a tactical shooter in COD world.

I might be wrong here, but I simple cannot equal COD with tactical.

I guess we all have our own definition what a tactical shooter is smile.png

Most games(COD,BF,CS,MOH,) all FPS seem to be fast one min or less.....

Socom con and 4 last longer because of the 3P view.

R6V because if you stood up you would be seen on mini map and there was no run button.

GRFS went a little longer because of the cover systems.

All of them require the same tactics in MP IMO. I didn't play RS what made it slower? The one hit kills? That is fine IMO but I would miss the epic gun battles in other games. I am a fan of all styles as long as you can't respawn.

Edited by Shadowgate

Are we still doing the PC vs console thing around here? BFS is a Game and Simulations developer. Ground Branch is a PC title that we want to look into putting on the PS4 at some point down the road. We also have some other relationships that we are looking to collaborate on with the PS4/Vita.

So those that want GB to be a die hard PC title don't worry..... it is and will always be. For those that want to see GB on PS4 hang tight. Once the PC version is secure and self sufficient then we would like to branch it off and see if we can make the EXACT same game on the console.

So everyone chill. :)

Good news for console players, I believe its not so much the hardware product but the developers wishes and to a lesser extent limitations of hardware, any console game this studio makes will still have the core values of the Development Team.

Good news for console players, I believe its not so much the hardware product but the developers wishes and to a lesser extent limitations of hardware, any console game this studio makes will still have the core values of the Development Team.

You nailed it!

please post it on Facebook to make it official

I swear I did... done now.

Are you still faced with size limits and releasing retail with publisher if over?

No. We get the same "limitations" as anyone who releases digitally. So far I have not read about any. :)

EXACTLY!

Our aim is to bring the PC gameplay experience to consoles. If people like it than great! If not then we tried and we move on. We have no interest in making a "consolized" version of GB to make it more accessible and open it up to a different style of player. The aim is that GB just plays on a different set of hardware.

Once the PC version is secure and self sufficient then we would like to branch it off and see if we can make the EXACT same game on the console.

So everyone chill. smile.png

I hope that means once it is done and shipped. I do have faith that BFS will keep its word, but a certain other Kickstarter game promised the same and ended up developing a console build alongside the PC version and we got stuck with terrible console features.

Its ok.

My pimp hand is strong.

If John even thinks about PS4 development before we get the PC version released, I'll slap him into next Tuesday.

This sounds awesome!

Cannont wait for ground branch on PS4 / Vita!

Any news on XBOX One support?

Just keep in mind Ground Branch, at this time, is not being made for either PS4/Vita. And a Vita version would probably have to be remade almost from scratch (can UE4 currently run on Vita?) with a lot of features removed and maps/features redone to save performance. If they get the funds and it becomes viable I think a PS4 version might be likely given that BFS shows some interest.

As for the Xbox One, from what I understand, it is still harder for indie devs to publish on it. Something that Sony has really done well with this time apparently.