HeadClot

Science Fiction Mods for Ground Branch?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a science fiction mod for Ground Branch?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe
    • Other (Comment Below)
  2. 2. The following is Important to me when I play a tactical shooter

• Coodination and Teamplay
    • Functionality of Equipment and Weapons
    • Realism and Authenticity
    • Other (Comment Below)
  3. 3. If a science fiction mod was made for Ground Branch what would you like to see?

• Mass Effect
    • Halo
    • Firefly
    • Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Other (Comment Below)
    • Custom Setting (Comment Below)

HeadClot   

Hey all!

I am fairly new here to the ground branch forums. With that said -

I am looking at making a science fiction mod for ground branch when the Mod SDK comes out.

Not a whole lot of science fiction tactical shooters exist. Most tactical shooters focus on world war II or modern conflicts.

With that said - I made a poll on this to gauge interest.

- HeadClot

Jeza   

Hello Headclot and welcome!

A scifi mod is something I would maybe have a look at indeed at somepoint, personally a starship troopers mod would be pretty cool.

Enjoy your stay.

HeadClot   

Hello Headclot and welcome!

A scifi mod is something I would maybe have a look at indeed at somepoint, personally a starship troopers mod would be pretty cool.

Enjoy your stay.

Hey Jeza,

I do not know how I forgot star-ship troopers and yes it would be awesome in ground branch :)

A horde of AI space bugs versus the players would be epic.

BTH   

I'd love to see an extremely realistic sci-fi world. Or an extremely NORG unrealistic world. I don't know which way to put it.

My best advice would be to create your own universe from scratch. Make it in a way that as many assets from the original game can be re-used. Otherwise the workload won't let you ever finish your project.

Take the example of Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon. A completely new world using mostly re-skins and modified models.

HeadClot   

I'd love to see an extremely realistic sci-fi world. Or an extremely NORG unrealistic world. I don't know which way to put it.

My best advice would be to create your own universe from scratch. Make it in a way that as many assets from the original game can be re-used. Otherwise the workload won't let you ever finish your project.

Take the example of Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon. A completely new world using mostly re-skins and modified models.

Hey BTH -

Since I am no programmer. I am an 3D artist. I want to make a wide and diverse universe within reason. I am constantly investing into new tools that allow me to churn out more and more content at a faster pace. I have recently invested into Bitmap2Material which will allow me to churn out Normal Maps, Ambient Occlusion, spec maps, etc. quite quickly.

For Characters - I have Character from FUSE. I use those as a base template then modify them in 3DS Max.

I will look into modifying the existing content when the Mod SDK comes out. But I am pretty confidant about my current setup/Workflow.

HeadClot   

To be honest I do not want to see any Sci-Fi elements in GB. I want it to be as authentic and as real possible.

Then tell me what you want to see. :)

I am very open to ideas.

Jonathan   

Then tell me what you want to see. smile.png

I am very open to ideas.

Hey Sorry HeadClot I forgot to welcome to you to BFS! So welcome my friend I hope you enjoy your stay smile.png. well to be honest bro they already have a Sci fi game called COD and it is Humans vs Zombies tongue.png I just want GB to be GB only and they have everything I want to see in a tactical realistic shooter. But this is just my own opinion and everyone has their own.

Edited by Jonathan

HeadClot   

Hey Sorry HeadClot I forgot to welcome to you to BFS! So welcome my friend I hope you enjoy your stay smile.png. well to be honest bro they already have a Sci fi game called COD and it is Humans vs Zombies tongue.png I just want GB to be GB only and they have everything I want to see in a tactical realistic shooter. But this is just my own opinion and everyone has their own.

Personally I cannot Stand CoD... I feel that it is literally a copy paste game. Releasing the same crap year after year.

To emphasis this I put a video below. Plus no *Functional* mod tools.

I see it like this. If Blackfoot studios is releasing a Mod SDK for ground branch which I hope that they are. Why not mod it?

Kris   

Are people forgetting a S.T.A.L.K.E.R type scenario - game, movie or book it was based on (Roadside Picnic?).

Fight in a radiated area to secure valuable 'artifacts' to trade for funds & gear to get deeper into a cordoned off area to secure even more valueable artfiacts.

Fight bandits.

Fight crazed militant nutters.

Die in a blow out.

Such is life in the zone.

Blowout_soon.jpg

Feertti   

+1

Nemesis   

Creating a good mod for any game is more than being able to create 3d models & textures. Apologies if that sounds harsh but its something that needs to be considered.

I'd be interested in seeing a Sci-Fi mod...but it would have to fit with the strategy & NORG that BFS is looking to implement in GB.This then would limit what was created from it. For example to be able to create something like starship Troopers would require lots on animation work, physics considerations & coding etc etc. You have mentioned your not a programmer so would need UE4 coding assistance.

I'd love to see something retro relived through a mod like ..... "Another World" or "Flashback" (old platformers) in 3D. The plot is already there!!

Feertti   

I'd love to see something retro relived through a mod like ..... "Another World" or "Flashback" (old platformers) in 3D. The plot is already there!!

hmm, intresting but it has to be first person view mode and this is just mine opinion

mod <> NORG = no go

To be honest I do not want to see any Sci-Fi elements in GB. I want it to be as authentic and as real possible.

:whack:

HeadClot is talking about a mod for GB, not GB itself. There is no reason why a mod cannot be set on a sci-fi world. It sounds like he is talking a total conversion if ya ask me and there is nothing wrong with it.

welcome.gif to the forums HeadClot.

HeadClot   

whack.gif

HeadClot is talking about a mod for GB, not GB itself. There is no reason why a mod cannot be set on a sci-fi world. It sounds like he is talking a total conversion if ya ask me and there is nothing wrong with it.

welcome.gif to the forums HeadClot.

Yep, I am very interested in making a science fiction modification for ground branch.

Thanks for the warm welcome whiteknight. :)

Are people forgetting a S.T.A.L.K.E.R type scenario - game, movie or book it was based on (Roadside Picnic?).

Fight in a radiated area to secure valuable 'artifacts' to trade for funds & gear to get deeper into a cordoned off area to secure even more valueable artfiacts.

Fight bandits.

Fight crazed militant nutters.

Die in a blow out.

Such is life in the zone.

This would be an awesome concept. Especially set in an post apocalyptic Seattle. LINK

Crazy Idea inbound...

Players would need to secure various supply caches (Includes weapons, ammo, and other gear) before assaulting the Primary target an abandoned military compound held by raiders. I will do a more detailed write up later.

Colin   

I think this type of mod has no limitations for the imagination, also over the last fifty years space has moved even closer.

The Mars scenario has taken a leap in recent times maybe not for settlement but to use as a forward op area.

Specially trained individuals would work in these kind of places in the future.

Any form of discussion on modding is a good thing, Welcome HeadClot

HeadClot   

I think this type of mod has no limitations for the imagination, also over the last fifty years space has moved even closer.

The Mars scenario has taken a leap in recent times maybe not for settlement but to use as a forward op area.

Specially trained individuals would work in these kind of places in the future.

Any form of discussion on modding is a good thing, Welcome HeadClot

Hey Colin - A Mars mission similar to Aliens would be interesting... You have got me thinking.

Also thank you for the welcome. I got something to share in the next little while with the community.

It won't be much but it will be something.

I voted no. Lots of good science fiction games out there. Not much in the way of realistic or tactical shooters. What would I like to see for a GB mod?

- Weapon mods.

- More maps.

- More equipment (body armor types, less lethal grenade types, more uniform colors).

- Improvement of the base features. Better AI, more realistic body armor mechanics if possible, more AI commands ect.

- Maybe a conversion mod that brings in a whole lot of older stuff. So we can play a realistic tactical shooter in a 60-70s type setting.

Jonathan   

It sounds like he is talking a total conversion if ya ask me and there is nothing wrong with it.

So your saying you don't care if the total conversion of the original concept of GB changes? Like I have stated before in a previous post we already have Sci fi games out there such as COD in Zombies vs Humans and Halo just just to name very few and many more out there. I don't see any need to make a science fiction mod for this game & to be honest I think it would just ruin Ground Branch in a spiritual way.

Edited by Jonathan

Kris   

Miss the online CoD experience?

Haven't been called gay lately?

Is your mother not getting enough?

Ground Branch :

Humans vs. CoD Player mode.

• Listen to authentic enemy dialog sourced from XBox live CoD matches!
  • Experience the thrill of being teabagged over and over!
  • Be stunned by the awesome AI that reloads after everyshot!
  • Be assured that someone is seeing to your mothers sexual need!
  • Fork over $20 for a couple of extra levels and a new weapon skin!

So your saying you don't care if the total conversion of the original concept of GB changes? Like I have stated before in a previous post we already have Sci fi games out there such as COD in Zombies vs Humans and Halo just just to name very few and many more out there. I don't see any need to make a science fiction mod for this game & to be honest I think it would just ruin Ground Branch in a spiritual way.

Ground Branch will not change with a total conversion. People are thinking that the core of the game will change, but if you really think about it, it will not. No matter what mods that will be made to run with GB, the will have to work off the premise of NORG or it will not work. The setting will not matter, weapons will have to fit NORG, the characters will have to move based on already established animations and movements.

The only thing that changes in a sci-fi mod or total conversion are the settings, weapons and characters and skins. They will not be able to do anything superhuman. Kris should even be able to see that.