Jsonedecker

Wrapping it all up

We hope everyone is having a good holiday! The last few years have had more than their share of ups and downs concerning Ground Branch, so as we bring 2013 to a close we greatly anticipate what 2014 will bring. Myself and the guys greatly appreciate any and all support that you have given us and look forward to continuing that in the new year.

We thank you very much!

Oh, since lots has been going on behind the scenes, why not show some of the character progress while moving things over to UE4.

CharacterSets

These are just a few of many customizations you can setup for your characters. More head styles, camo patterns, colors and of course gear are in varying stages of completion. Everything can be mixed and matched, so rest assured players will have tons of choices!

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Dang, the lighting and reflections (especially from faces) look so real. When I saw the smaller version of the picture in the post, it looked like a real photo to me. I can see the benefit of UE4 already.

It's only going to get better! I am not that well versed in modern shader/material construction so once we have some money and can get one of those types on board things will really start to take off. :)

You can do a lot of this kind of stuff in UE3, but it takes a heck of a lot more effort for sure.

I cannot wait to scrutinize and salivate over all the models and environmental detail when you guys finished "remastering" them in UE4!

Question: Does the choice in footwear (boots) carry any tactical considerations at all? Or are they just a matter of personal preference?

Question: Does the choice in footwear (boots) carry any tactical considerations at all? Or are they just a matter of personal preference?

Right now its just preference.

HeadClot   

I am planning on posting an article on Indiedb when the Kickstarter goes live or at-least just prior to it.

Has the process for the new Kickstarter begun yet or no?

Looking good. Glad we are seeing new engine screens. Hopefully an in game screen shot or video in UE4 is coming up.

I see from the screenshot that at current there are onloy 2 characters (shown) are there others ?! Is there a female operative?

I am going to assume there are no females in Ground Branch, so that answer would be a no. Perhaps for the enemies?

I see from the screenshot that at current there are onloy 2 characters (shown) are there others ?! Is there a female operative?

We will be adding more heads as we go. Right now you get to chose from a torso, legs, vest, hands, head and gear. So there are lots of combinations. As for a female..... We have always taken the realistic "GB doesn't allow females" approach but I am starting to lean towards having one as a choice. Not sure though.... might be a good poll to take. :)

zeep   

The ability to change how thick - lean your avatar is would also be great. And size. All within reasonable bounds ofcourse.

How about an option to import your own face? Neh forget it, kids would be uploading a Kermit face and such..

I'm not sure making characters with different body builds is worthwhile unless each size has its own advantages & disadvantages. Otherwise arguments such as "a thinner character makes a smaller target" will spread like disease in these forums.

Kris   

Smaller target, less carrying capacity, less blood capacity, more prone to shock/death on injury.

Not true, but for the sake of gameplay...

*shrug*

Essentially, yes, body size changes opens up big can'o'worms :(

zeep   

Yes i guess it does. Though you guys are thinking in extremes. I meant slight alterations.

Still, the smallest body would be the smallest target. Unless you make skinnier avatars taller and such.

Edited by zeep