Jsonedecker

A plan rarely survives first contact!

We are not doing a new Kickstarter.

Now that the initial shock is over let's talk about the good news.

Instead of a second kickstarter we are going to do our own Early Access on this site until we have a build that can officially go up on Steam Early Access. Yep, we feel we pretty much have a solid enough build that we feel comfortable putting it out there. It will be rough, buggy and lack features/content but it will be Ground Branch and will give you a very good idea of what that actually means.

We are finally there people!

While getting the UE4 build far enough along to get decent KS material, we realized that we were actually pretty close to having something playable. I saw that we could spend a month building out the KS material then another month running the KS or we could spend that time finalizing the build, getting our licensing in order and the EA infrastructure in place to actually get GB out there in playable form. In the amount of time it would take to create the KS then run the campaign, you will be able to play and support GB! So in the not to distant future you will be able to financially support GB while playing it and while getting constant updates and giving us feedback.

There are a few very important things that are happening before we can actually launch this thing. We have a "punch list" of items that must be done before anything gets released. More importantly, we still need to get the final engine licensing paperwork(certain things need to be done before we can ship anything to the public) with Epic completed and all of their legal items in place. This may take a few more weeks, but the process has started. Don't worry things aren't going to drag out that long.

We will be handing out a build or two to a select small group of forum members before going public to make sure we have all the kinks worked out. Final licensing paperwork must be in place for that as well. We will soon expose a "store" page here that will list various support tiers just like a kickstarter, though you will get an actual download link once the transaction is complete. We plan to follow the lead of successful early access titles that paved their own way like Door Kickers and Overgrowth.

We feel this is a win win situation and one that allows us to grow Ground Branch development at a natural pace. It allows us to hold true to our mantra: 'Do not build a community around a game..... Build a game around a community'

Keep checking back for more information as everything is finalized over the next few weeks.

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

ElShotte   

Man, I think the solution to this game's release is quite simple: Pre-orders.

Look at ARMA 3's financial model, it was quite brilliant. Bohemia didn't have enough funds to get the game to a point in which they would be happy releasing it, so they offered a paid Alpha/Beta and Final games. Pre-order the game, get access to Alpha. Voila, start offering pre-orders giving players access to the Alpha when it's available. It's a great scenario, not only do you boost your funding, but also eliminate testing costs, and is if that wasn't a big enough bonus, you will also give the players an ability to shape the game into something that will be loved by many.

I think at this point, this game is not that far from an Alpha release, you could capitalize on it, pushing the Alpha (and Final) release forward by a big margin. John needs to man up and take the step forward and make this game happen.

Awesome, big step forward in the right direction. Keep at it...

Hey, that's great news. I know I haven't been active enough in the forums lately to be selected to be part of the small group to test it, but I look forward to your public release. However, if you guys would consider it, I am very experienced in weapons and tactics in real life and I would give you guys 100% honest (good or bad) feedback about what I find if I get to try the game out. I also consider the old Redstorm Entertainment Rainbow Six games some of the best games ever made. Almost won a Rogue Spear online tournament once, lost in the quarter-finals to a cheater, while I wasn't able to prove he was cheating, I warned the guy playing him after me and he was able to prove he was cheating and got him disqualified, so I feel good that the cheater didn't win and that I probably helped the guy who ultimately won the tournament. Ah, Rogue Spear, good memories... :-)

Might be harder to get casuals to jump on (or maybe not) but I think this is better than going the Kickstarter route. Less lost money covering Kickstarter's fees, less lost time ect. Looking forward to it and even if we have to wait some more weeks, it looks like we will actually get a playable something sooner. Which is better than waiting 6 or so months for something playable anyways.

Edited by Flogger23m

Milgeek   

Keep up the great work guys. You'll be surprised how patient your fans are - or maybe you won't? Many of us are supporting you because we are Classic Ghost Recon fanatics and we've been waiting since 2002 for a proper sequel to it! So what's a year or two more? :)

I'm very excited about this indeed, and I really admire the perseverance shown by the development team.

M

This is really good to hear.

I guess with no kickstarter there may be somthing playable sooner.

This means feedback and bug reports sooner and therefore a faster track to stability.

I hate to lower the tone but do You have an early access sale price in mind?

If there is anything you guys need then I am sure I speak for the community when I say just ask.

Exciting times ahead.

I can not wait to shoot the video of the game for the Czechoslovak community. And probably do a special episode Americas army magazine dedicated to this game if I have a chance to get into the game.

Further information, I will continue to publish on FB as I do for 2 years.

Perhaps the price of the game will be beyond my financial capabilities to be able to promote the game.

Edited by (ToK2)BASI881-CZ

SnipuX   

Nice news :)

Ive been checking the news for a really long time here at GB, and now finally looks like things are starting to happen. I am very pleased to hear for this move from y :)

Count me in! I´l put a word out to my folks (clans) from Finland as son as y get it going.

QuaZ   

I've pledged the first kickstarter and to be honest this was the news that I've been waiting to hear from you guys, good job!

I will advise my mates here in Italy about this, like SnipuX, the word of mouth is really what keeps crowdfounding going these days!

Keep up the good work!

USAgent   

I cant wait, I contributed to your Kickstarter and i will do so again. I have serveral squad members that will also.

Way to Go Jon and Good Luck, we are rooting for you dude!