V2_Bloodline

A case for modding :]

7 posts in this topic

I have to agree with everything he stated and yes, I did watch the entire video. I wonder how much Ubi is raking in yearly for games that they made that had mod support such as GR/DS/IT, Silent Hunter III/IV or the iL2 franchise (I am not sure if LoMAC had mod support or not). I haven't checked lately, but is there not any mods for GR in the works now, even after 12 years since the games release? I keep recommending GR/DS/IT for people wanting a good Coop game due to the mod support as well as the mod that allows for 27 player Coop.

Its a good video, even for those who t already knew that modding support was a Good Thing .

The age of the modern console and mainstream gaming killed off an awful lot of potential, mod wise.

I have to agree with everything he stated and yes, I did watch the entire video. I wonder how much Ubi is raking in yearly for games that they made that had mod support such as GR/DS/IT, Silent Hunter III/IV or the iL2 franchise (I am not sure if LoMAC had mod support or not). I haven't checked lately, but is there not any mods for GR in the works now, even after 12 years since the games release? I keep recommending GR/DS/IT for people wanting a good Coop game due to the mod support as well as the mod that allows for 27 player Coop.

Don't forget Rainbow 6. :whack:

Its a good video, even for those who t already knew that modding support was a Good Thing ™.

The age of the modern console and mainstream gaming killed off an awful lot of potential, mod wise.

And to add, modders keep the games going, and if they are good enough they sometimes end up getting jobs in the industry, which is like free and a back door to future employment.

Seb, R6 isn't played much anymore. Yes, there was mod support for it, but have you heard of any new mods for R6/RS lately?

I couldn't get the damn game to run on Windows XP, so no, not since then.