Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

SWAT Mod for Ground Branch

9 posts in this topic

I would love to see a Canadian or American SWAT mod implemented into Ground Branch with high fidelity swat uniforms and such. I think it would go well with "NORG". I think an easy way to make characters for a mod such as this is to take Ground Branch's original Uniforms and apply dark shaders to every single piece and maybe take away or add a few pouches here and there. So it would look like the characters in SWAT 4 but with much more detail. then of course it wouldn't be complete without some CQC indoor environments like Rainbow Six or SWAT. Is anyone planning to make something like this?

Edited by Jonathan

This is the modding sub-forum. I would like to see a SWAT mod, though you would need more than in door maps and recolored units. You will need at least the following:

- AI (suspects and civilians) which are better suited to surrendering or fleeing. Though this might be easy to modify, or it might need to be largely redone. The most important part.

- More less lethal options.

- Possibly new suspect characters in plain clothes.

- New weapons. More pistols and pump action shotguns. Maybe a semi automatic rifle or two. Contrary to Hollywood, people don't run around the USA (or insert other developed country here) with fully automatic assault rifles. Most weapons used in shootings are junky pistols/revolvers which hold 8 or less rounds.

Soooooo much YES smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

My advice though, would be to do the fbi hrt. they train with army and navy special forces, and they do man hunts and rural ops, plus they use military kit and tactics, such as rappelling.

EDIT: Way to wake up a long dead post :(

I'd be for that also, but maybe something new like SCO19 rather than the standard US swat team.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm here for the hostage rescue scenerios. I love breaching/flashing and clearing rooms, greasing tangos, and snatching hostages. I guess that I prefer the "kill em all" mentality vs the "arrest and secure" mentality. However, it would be cool if we could adjust the ROE to favor an American law enforcement teams' ROE. That way less than lethal rules will have to be adhered to in order to successfully complete the mission. If you wanna play the other way, you could just adjust it back.

What I like about SWAT Teams are the various skins and camos that would be added. One of the R6 variants had a lot of uniform colors. I liked that a lot. I would never dress my teams in the same colors. If one team had woodland camo, than the other team had OD green. Or blue and grey, or whatever. Some of those old urban camo variants were very cool looking for urban style operations. Add some unit patches, and some things like meth labs and some of those grizzled nightclubs from SWAT 4, and it would be tons of fun.

Although at this point I would appreciate any tactical shooter that incorporates more than the usual FPS game, my secret dream is still to find a real SWAT 4 successor one day.

A mod like this would indeed be very nice and could tun out to be a decent "SWAT 5".

I love that one has to identify threats and make a quick judgment call whether or not lethal force will be authorized. That is what I keep seeking in todays games but yet only SWAT 4 seemed to really emphasis it. The feel from accomplishing a mission without any civilian casualties and with only necessary force (lethal and less lethal) applied still gets me every time.

I also like the non linear scenarios and the fact that it is not about saving the world single handed, but that your mission is "simply" to rescue those "normal" civilians from some "normal" criminals in a "normal" town.

I don't know much about coding and modding so I do not know if it would be possible (technically) to make such changes to the ROE and to allow the suspects (AI) to show a more natural behavior as criminals would.

Nonetheless, I would love to see such a mod eventually.

Although at this point I would appreciate any tactical shooter that incorporates more than the usual FPS game, my secret dream is still to find a real SWAT 4 successor one day.

Agreed. What makes it standout is that killing isn't your top priority, and there are many hostages to be mindful about when entering a room. It certainly changes the pace.

What amazes me about SWAT 4 is that it still holds up graphically despite being 10 years old. They really put a lot of effort into the details.