Pacman

Any Ex Rogue Spear MSN Gaming Zone Ladder Players Here?

As the title says, Pacman here from like 14 years ago, looking for some of the guys I used to play with back in the day!

Recognizable clans of mine would have been =CAN= (Canadian Assault Network) and SG (SixGhosts).

Though we're older and probably have much less time than we did back in the day for games, I'd love to hook up with some of you when Ground Branch launches and have some good games again. I haven't played with such a great community since the days of Clanladder and MSN Gaming Zone in Rogue Spear. I'm thinking Ground Branch is a chance to get a bit of that again!

Also, with this being my first post, I'd like to thank BFS for taking this task on. It has been far too long since a solid tactical fps was on the market. I also hope there is an emphasis of really building a competitive community around the game as that is the difference between a good game and a legendary gaming experience.

Yo

we played mainly in oz and nz "OFWG"

Old Farts With Guns, now im really starting to feel old as i was back then

I played in the MEAN clan. I think my handle was dirt-666. I played on Mplayer until and after they changed to game spy. I played the original rogue spear and all of the expantions. We only laddered on cover ops pistols if I remember correctly. The ladder was CQC.

I played in the MEAN clan. I think my handle was dirt-666. I played on Mplayer until and after they changed to game spy. I played the original rogue spear and all of the expantions. We only laddered on cover ops pistols if I remember correctly. The ladder was CQC.

I also played Covert Ops. Mostly did 2vs2 with my best friend InFinity.

Yo

we played mainly in oz and nz "OFWG"

Old Farts With Guns, now im really starting to feel old as i was back then

Hey man. I'm pretty sure I remember you guys!

I played pubs mostly on MSN Gaming Zone after Gamespy bought up Mplayer off and on. I played on GS once and a while too, but I mostly ran my own server and played with guys from AGgReSsion.

Anyone else from old school msn gaming zone/ladder room/clan ladder days in Rogue Spear? Maybe even covert ops?

I remember a pacman not sure if it was RS,

I was norm the host of 3v3 or on good day 5v5 as i had the best adsl of 128 up/down woohoo,

rember them fast speeds

I remember a pacman not sure if it was RS,

I was norm the host of 3v3 or on good day 5v5 as i had the best adsl of 128 up/down woohoo,

rember them fast speeds

Good chance it was me since I do remember playing with you, and I don't remember there being another Pacman in clan ladder.

this topic describes pretty much 13 years of my life 2000-2013.

Pacman do you remember =CAN= kermit? We still play rogue spear every now and then, but on voobly.com its an MSN replica.

this topic describes pretty much 13 years of my life 2000-2013.

Pacman do you remember =CAN= kermit? We still play rogue spear every now and then, but on voobly.com its an MSN replica.

No way, that's crazy. We were in CAN at the same time! I tried to get that working on Voobly at one point but couldn't manage. Not sure what the issue was. I'd love to jump in for a few games though sometime! Kermit going to play Ground Branch?

I was CarTman during the RS days.. i dont remember u guys but its good to see that people who played still play PC games.. i played competitively in clans like CF,Sir,HSP,TeX and a bunch i cant remember lol.

I was CarTman during the RS days.. i dont remember u guys but its good to see that people who played still play PC games.. i played competitively in clans like CF,Sir,HSP,TeX and a bunch i cant remember lol.

I remember playing with you. That era of gaming is etched in my mind... pretty sure I'd recognize anyone that surfaced from then lol. I think I only remember HSP and Sir from that list.

Edited by Pacman

not for nothing but there is a rather small community that plays rogue spear @ www.voobly.com and you can download the game @ ######### there are windows 7/ati fixes and the game runs smooth now, so if anyone is interested that's where to go.

Edited by Jsonedecker
Removed illegal link

not for nothing but there is a rather small community that plays rogue spear @ www.voobly.com and you can download the game @ there are windows 7/ati fixes and the game runs smooth now, so if anyone is interested that's where to go.

While I like the fact that there are still people who play RS, advertising the site that allows for piracy of said game is not a good thing to do on the website of one of those who helped build it. I do not think that you can edit your post, but it should be said that doing so was not a bright idea.

I'm not sure we can call it piracy when the product is no longer being sold. Yes, it is, but in this case the publisher is to blame and not the pirates. Ubisoft should seriously decide what to do with original Rainbow six games: either call them abandonware or re-publish them. If you didn't own the game earlier, you can't play.

I removed the link. Regardless of what Ubi has or hasn't done with THEIR IP's, it is still covered under copyright and owned by Ubi Soft for them to do with as they please.

nothing quite beats wasting six hours of your life updating all your games(that you know you prolly wont play much of because they're boring after five minutes) and then finding out blackfoot studios exists, and then finding out he was one of the original level designers of the most amazing pc shooter ever created is running the show. Right when it couldn't get any better the very first post on the forum is a classic 'any old zone players out there'! my god, it's christmas.

OrbitalshocK here! i was in a bunch of clans, way too many to list. Also known for hosting full opens in ladder room 1 on zone a lot. good ol [OrBiT's Chillhill]™ lol.

tried to remember clans, still cant. was in MwG briefly, MDK for awhile, Sir for a little while with...a guy named tophat i think. and a bunch of various clans with mostly the same people in every one of them.played on Clanladder and XGN. I am SO PUMPED about this i have to go google and youtube everything that i can now.

I'm hoping for some slow-reloading, please don't shoot me while i take a few seconds to switch weapons, etc.

The only question i have, and i plan on starting a thread for it, is if they're gonna have a map editor and let us do mods like they did after Urban ops. Bring on the WW2 mod and NATO's Way too many different weapons mods!

Edited by OrbitalshocK

nothing quite beats wasting six hours of your life updating all your games(that you know you prolly wont play much of because they're boring after five minutes) and then finding out blackfoot studios exists, and then finding out he was one of the original level designers of the most amazing pc shooter ever created is running the show. Right when it couldn't get any better the very first post on the forum is a classic 'any old zone players out there'! my god, it's christmas.

OrbitalshocK here! i was in a bunch of clans, way too many to list. Also known for hosting full opens in ladder room 1 on zone a lot. good ol [OrBiT's Chillhill]™ lol.

tried to remember clans, still cant. was in MwG briefly, MDK for awhile, Sir for a little while with...a guy named tophat i think. and a bunch of various clans with mostly the same people in every one of them.played on Clanladder and XGN. I am SO PUMPED about this i have to go google and youtube everything that i can now.

I'm hoping for some slow-reloading, please don't shoot me while i take a few seconds to switch weapons, etc.

The only question i have, and i plan on starting a thread for it, is if they're gonna have a map editor and let us do mods like they did after Urban ops. Bring on the WW2 mod and NATO's Way too many different weapons mods!

Good to see another fellow RS player. I feel like we've all been secretly waiting for like 12 years for an awesome tactical fps lol! I really hope this game features lobby style game joining vs just being automatically matched up with people. The social aspect is missing in so many games today.

You should really read through some of the new threads. It was just noted that there would be direct IP connections for GB. Old threads still have relevant information too.

Good to see another fellow RS player. I feel like we've all been secretly waiting for like 12 years for an awesome tactical fps lol! I really hope this game features lobby style game joining vs just being automatically matched up with people. The social aspect is missing in so many games today.

oh yeah...i didnt even think about reading up on that. i really miss that too. i wouldnt mind a fusion of the two. open game and it starts and automatically throws you in a lobby and it's front-and-center with list of channels to either side.