V2_Bloodline

DirectX 12

That's ok.

There is a lot of people interested in getting UE4 running under Linux and Linux related code in the public build.

With any luck we can all just switch to Linux :)

There's mention on the UE4 page that the UE team is planning to offer support for Linux/SteamOS in the future, though it's pretty vague.

here, under the heading A New Beginning

Dx9 with some Dx10 features available as well.

All these engine features and DX12 are going to allow us to do some really cool things.

Yes, I said DirectX 12. Its a big deal and something PC gamers are going to want to get. Sorry Win7 users. sad.png

Guess my days with Windows 7 are numbered. Time to look into Windows 10.

Well GB will still run fine on Win7 and dx11 but performance will be a lot better under dx12 in most situations. So if you have a nice dx11 setup you will be fine.

Do you think there will be any graphical differences between DX11 and 12 in GB or will it most likely just be performance? I want Win 10 to be a great OS, but it just doesn't seem to be shaping up to be that way IMO.

I want Win 10 to be a great OS, but it just doesn't seem to be shaping up to be that way IMO.

Why?

If it's subscription based, than I see a problem there.

Well GB will still run fine on Win7 and dx11 but performance will be a lot better under dx12 in most situations. So if you have a nice dx11 setup you will be fine.

To add the build 8 works fine on windows 10 preview build 99+ which has dx12 running in part.

Do you think there will be any graphical differences between DX11 and 12 in GB or will it most likely just be performance? I want Win 10 to be a great OS, but it just doesn't seem to be shaping up to be that way IMO.

What's wrong with 10? It seems just as usable as 7 with more features/performance enhancements. You can now avoid the Metro tablet interface entirely. And it's free for current Windows 7/8 users in it's first year of release so i don't see a reason not to give it a shot.

from what i've read, the windows 10 is technically superior to 8, but evenly matched with 7.

but the fact it's free upgrade for win 7 users is putting up a red flag for me.

Edited by 213

I'm building a new computer and every source I checked said Windows 8.1 performs better than 7. Seems to me like it's the Metro interface that puts people off, though there are ways to work around it.

What's wrong with 10? It seems just as usable as 7 with more features/performance enhancements. You can now avoid the Metro tablet interface entirely. And it's free for current Windows 7/8 users in it's first year of release so i don't see a reason not to give it a shot.

Not going to write it here, but there are many things. Win 10 is pretty much Win 8.1 with an ugly Classic Shell, which is good... but not really that great.

I'm building a new computer and every source I checked said Windows 8.1 performs better than 7. Seems to me like it's the Metro interface that puts people off, though there are ways to work around it.

It does load a bit quicker, but if you use an SSD it won't matter. It may give to .3 to .5 of an extra frame rate in gaming...