Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy

Goodbye

14 posts in this topic

Since a week now, I am no longer working on Ground Branch.

Despite being part of this project for 18 months, putting great efforts into the work I did on the characters, rigging, skinning and of course animating, and eventually getting close to our first release, John has decided to exclude me.

I know my work was appreciated by many so thank you for the support and the kind words.

I won't be around here anymore, so goodbye to all of you.

Jeremy

Not sure what went wrong internally, though hopefully something can be worked out. If not, thanks for your contribution to the project and good luck with whatever else your pursue.

Edited by Flogger23m

Thanks Jeremy

Please don't be a stranger and let us know of any other projects you are involved in.

Good bye Jeremy. I wish you the best on your future endeavours & thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Jonathan

I think it is prudent to Say a few words to make sure everything is clear.

First off, I'd like to thank Jeremy publicly for the work he has done to this point. His finished work is super and of the highest quality. His animations to the point are unique and very realistic.

I would also like to say that things that happen internally are internal, but there is nothing shady or suspect about the situation. Everyone that has helped Ground Branch along has done so knowing they were volunteers and we were all doing this for no pay to this point in time. That is how it currently is as well.

Small teams that are self funded or not funded, have very unique requirements and projects run by these teams go through many different stages over their life. Each stage requires the team members to adapt and adjust to many different situations and be able to respond in ways that further the project as a whole. It is also imperative that core systems are well thought out and designed to require minimal changes as the project goes on to keep the team from redoing things more than necessary.

Making games this way certainly isn't ideal and it isn't for everyone.

Thanks for the work Jeremy, best of luck in your future endeavors. Hope to see you around the forums from time to time.

Since a week now, I am no longer working on Ground Branch.

Despite being part of this project for 18 months, putting great efforts into the work I did on the characters, rigging, skinning and of course animating, and eventually getting close to our first release, John has decided to exclude me.

I know my work was appreciated by many so thank you for the support and the kind words.

I won't be around here anymore, so goodbye to all of you.

Jeremy

Sorry to see ya go mate. I do hope you'll stick around to shoot the ###### though. If not, I wish you the best in your future endeavours.

I think it is prudent to Say a few words to make sure everything is clear.

First off, I'd like to thank Jeremy publicly for the work he has done to this point. His finished work is super and of the highest quality. His animations to the point are unique and very realistic.

I would also like to say that things that happen internally are internal, but there is nothing shady or suspect about the situation. Everyone that has helped Ground Branch along has done so knowing they were volunteers and we were all doing this for no pay to this point in time. That is how it currently is as well.

Small teams that are self funded or not funded, have very unique requirements and projects run by these teams go through many different stages over their life. Each stage requires the team members to adapt and adjust to many different situations and be able to respond in ways that further the project as a whole. It is also imperative that core systems are well thought out and designed to require minimal changes as the project goes on to keep the team from redoing things more than necessary.

Making games this way certainly isn't ideal and it isn't for everyone.

A lot of developers are kicked to curb once a game is shipped. It's the nature of the business.

Good luck with your next plans Jeremy. I hope you can work on a game in the future which will make you happy as a developer.