Jsonedecker

Let's get this thing in gear

126 posts in this topic

I thought it might be about time to pass along a couple pieces of news.... First off we have officially started a very limited private testing phase for an initial Ground Branch preview release. We plan to open this testing up to a larger group before unleashing the full preview build on the public and hope to post more details about that in the next couple of weeks.

We would also like to announce that we have brought on FragOut Studio to take care of the animation work, as well as a few other things, for Ground Branch. These guys are well known for their animation work on Armed Assault 3 and we are also looking at some possible future collaborations.

http://fragoutstudio.com/

They have also recently completed work on a mobile game Sniper Tactical. Give that one a look:

http://fragoutstudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25

So things are moving along quite nicely at the moment and we are working hard to get the free Ground Branch preview build complete. It won't be long until you get start messing with it yourself.

Read this story on GroundBranch.com

Been quietly following this game for a long time now and with this news I had to make an account and announce my excitement. I grew up on the original Rainbow 6 games and can't wait to get my hands on Ground Branch. A million thanks to the devs for keeping this awesome genre alive.

P.S. Take My Money Already!!!

Animations is the most important thing for me. If the textures are bad, a modder can easily remake all the textures in HD. But I don't see modders improving animations.

Animations will be done with MoCap or done by hand?

Good news! however I must admit I am a little sad I wasn't one of the few lucky ones who gets to test it out during the games first phase. But whatever, I know I will get to play it soon enough!coolspeak.gif

Animations is the most important thing for me. If the textures are bad, a modder can easily remake all the textures in HD. But I don't see modders improving animations.

Animations will be done with MoCap or done by hand?

Hello Aluisio,

The answer to your question is: both Mocap and keyframe animation will be used, obviously.

Very interesting things Kris. Thanks for the update. FIREdevil.gif

That was me. zorro.gif

Awesome sauce (ps ArmA 3, Armed assault was specific name for the first game tongue.png )

Fixed...thanks.

Good news! however I must admit I am a little sad I wasn't one of the few lucky ones who gets to test it out during the games first phase. But whatever, I know I will get to play it soon enough!coolspeak.gif

We took donations for a short period of time a few years ago and those that donated have a private area of the forums. We give them first peak at a lot of things and are using that group to test that we can properly package a build up and install it on a machine and have it all work. Once we are confident everything is working as expected and as bug free as possible we will then open it up to the public forum and then everyone from there.

We didn't want to just throw it out there and get 1,000 messages about how it needed some MS library installed to run. ;)

That was me. zorro.gif

doh.gif Sorry John, I guess I am used to Kris posting updates and news under your name.

We took donations for a short period of time a few years ago and those that donated have a private area of the forums. We give them first peak at a lot of things and are using that group to test that we can properly package a build up and install it on a machine and have it all work. Once we are confident everything is working as expected and as bug free as possible we will then open it up to the public forum and then everyone from there.

We didn't want to just throw it out there and get 1,000 messages about how it needed some MS library installed to run. wink.png

whistle.giffeedthemonster.gif

doh.gif Sorry John, I guess I am used to Kris posting updates and news under your name.

I knew it was John, but usually think John is writing the posts when it's Kris' stuff. Why not let Kris make his postings? It's always a bit confusing for me.

Oh and good news with the animators!

Thanks for the update Jon,

I hope you will consider myself and few of my team for your preview. www.operationstaskforce.com several of us have been watching with anticipation and excitement and want to see all your team has accomplished. We all wish you well and see you on the battlefield soon

Once we are confident everything is working as expected and as bug free as possible we will then open it up to the public forum and then everyone from there.

We didn't want to just throw it out there and get 1,000 messages about how it needed some MS library installed to run. wink.png

Thanks for the update Jon,

I hope you will consider myself and few of my team for your preview. www.operationstaskforce.com several of us have been watching with anticipation and excitement and want to see all your team has accomplished. We all wish you well and see you on the battlefield soon

You and your team will get to try it out.

Hello Aluisio,

The answer to your question is: both Mocap and keyframe animation will be used, obviously.

Oh you think, I'm not going to notice this is a critical post?

Where is his special avatar badge?

Welcome aboard and hopefully, we can hear more from your team

bye1.gif

My prediction came true--half of it. (Midway April, first early access begins)

Still, my day couldn't have been better but boy I am soooo wrong! happy.png

Great update!

Hoping you will hang on to all the animations we have seen to date. They were the most realistic I've seen.

Why not let Kris make his postings? It's always a bit confusing for me.

There is a plugin for Wordpress that ties into IP.Board, this plugin can only use one account to automatically create a new forum thread based on Wordpress entries. A while back I was thinking how it might be more transparent if these posts would be automatically created by a separate account, an account named "Newspost" or "Blogupdate" for example. Dunno.

I knew it was John, but usually think John is writing the posts when it's Kris' stuff. Why not let Kris make his postings? It's always a bit confusing for me.

The news system is setup to feed through one account and it happens to be mine. Kris does actually make news posts himself, but they show up as from me even though they really aren't.

Hoping you will hang on to all the animations we have seen to date. They were the most realistic I've seen.

Jeremy did a FANTASTIC job on them.

A while back I was thinking how it might be more transparent if these posts would be automatically created by a separate account, an account named "Newspost" or "Blogupdate" for example. Dunno.

We might want to look into that, yes.

And.... the link is fixed.